Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

simler90's Gameplay Core Mod

by simler90 Posted 6th Sep 2021 at 11:36 AM - Updated 5th Jun 2023 at 8:54 PM by simler90

354 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 267 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 15
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 12:06 PM
I can't download because I already use a core mod, but I'm really interested to see that you fixed the Firefighter Career bug. It's disappointing that hasn't worked properly for so long. I wish there was a standalone fix but this mod is awesome, thanks for sharing it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 2:20 PM
I really love that you fixed the bug on the No.1 and 4 as I saw these issues a lot. I will try this mod out soon thank you so much for your hard work.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 3:52 PM
Sounds good! What are the chances this is conflicting with other mods?

Good, Eco-friendly, Vegetarian, Green thumb, Cat person, Equestrian, Bookworm, Perceptive, Childish
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 4:09 PM
"...However, the game is not supposed to give this camera to sims like that, as it is a glitch. This mod prevents this behaviour. If you want that camera, you can go and buy it from a vacation location, or maybe you can find one at the consignment store."

I can't thank you enough for this fix alone. That has annoyed me ever since UL's release. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 6:23 PM
Fantastic work. Can't wait to give it a whirl
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 8:00 PM
Hey, Thank you for this! Will this conflict with any other core mods? NRaas mods, like the NoCD one? Or Awesome mod?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 11:18 PM
Is this compatible with AwesomeMod? I don't really feel "safe" without it...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 1:23 AM
Thanks, it would really be very useful to me about the NPCs, but I use a lot of Nraas mods, and I would love to know if they are compatible?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 2:20 AM
As much as I want to try it for so many reasons on this list, I'm worried that NRaas could conflict with it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 4:02 AM
THIS IS AWESOME. I would love to get a fix for the Butlers! They almost never do anything they are supposed to do. They barely clean, they never do laundry, never do gardening, care for pets, etc. They only stare at walls and sit in my chairs, wasting all my money away.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 5:21 AM
This looks awesome! I am also wondering about the compatibility with NRaas mods, specifically Master Controller, Story Progression and Retuner?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 6:34 PM
YOU MANAGED TO FIX 1st FACE SYNDROME! OMG!!!! TY!!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 7:09 PM
I'm stunned to see a Face One fix. Truly stunned.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 9:23 PM
Thank you for fixing the shit EA couldn't be assed to fix themselves. I already have Nraas, but I'm gonna pop this in to see what breaks and what doesn't. From what I read, there shouldn't theoretically be any conflicts, but only one way to find out for sure!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 10:43 PM
Default Warning !
"simler90's Gameplay Systems Core Mod " isn't compatible with "Asymmetrical Relationships" mod by lizcandor
Screenshots
Inventor
#17 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 10:58 PM
Chain_Reaction reports that there's no core mod conflict with the core mods in the NRaas suite (ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey). However, that suite has fixes for many of these problems, and the two fixes might fight for dominance.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pary
I can't download because I already use a core mod, but I'm really interested to see that you fixed the Firefighter Career bug. It's disappointing that hasn't worked properly for so long. I wish there was a standalone fix but this mod is awesome, thanks for sharing it!

What are examples of core mods? Would this conflict with any mods?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 11:15 AM
Would it be possible to get the "first face syndrome" fix separated from the others? I've wanted a fix for that for a while but worry about the others conflicting with NRaas mods! Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 4:18 PM
This looks amazing! Is there any chance that you could ever release the firefighter fix separately? I already use a core mod, but love the fixes you included in this.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Hey, Thank you for this! Will this conflict with any other core mods? NRaas mods, like the NoCD one? Or Awesome mod?

Quote: Originally posted by viri2626
Thanks, it would really be very useful to me about the NPCs, but I use a lot of Nraas mods, and I would love to know if they are compatible?

Quote: Originally posted by Frechi
As much as I want to try it for so many reasons on this list, I'm worried that NRaas could conflict with it.

Quote: Originally posted by amidnightblue
This looks awesome! I am also wondering about the compatibility with NRaas mods, specifically Master Controller, Story Progression and Retuner?

Quote: Originally posted by Hydrasis
Thank you for fixing the shit EA couldn't be assed to fix themselves. I already have Nraas, but I'm gonna pop this in to see what breaks and what doesn't. From what I read, there shouldn't theoretically be any conflicts, but only one way to find out for sure!

Quote: Originally posted by cuttlesquid
Would it be possible to get the "first face syndrome" fix separated from the others? I've wanted a fix for that for a while but worry about the others conflicting with NRaas mods! Thanks

Here's a quote from Chain_Reaction at NRaas about using this mod together with any NRaas mod.
"Quite a few of the things noted there are already fixed with various mods from here. There's no core conflict but there may be conflicts as the fixes from here encounter the core being in a different state or features try to do the same things."

Source: https://www.nraas.net/community/post84490#p84490

It would be lovely if the creator of this mod could release a separate version that doesn't contain the same fixes that are already within NRaas mods. :-)

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Inventor
#22 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
It would be lovely if the creator of this mod could release a separate version that doesn't contain the same fixes that are already within NRaas mods. :-)

This might not actually be a problem if we can turn off the conflicting stuff with tunings ourselves.

Flipping through the features, it seems like the most likely to be problematic is the inactive household budgeting. NRaas StoryProgression Money (I think) handles budgeting too. I can see value for using either style of budgeting, but I'm guessing both together could end up with unexpected behavior. If you don't want to use SP's version, just don't install Money -- or most things can be turned off in the in-game config menus. I see that the household budgeting feature in THIS mod can be configured somewhat, but it's not clear to me that there's a tuning to turn it off entirely.

(Honestly, I might try pulling out SP Money and just use this. NRaas tends to get incredibly detailed, with the accompanying use of system resources, and I think I'd be just as happy with something simpler and less taxing in my town.)

StoryProgression Population (I think) also does a lot of stuff with genetics. When I look through the docco, it SEEMS like it should already be solving the Face One problem, but my NRaas-heavy games still produce a lot of Face One. I also don't turn on StoryProgression when my sims travel, which means I don't get the genetics features there either. Staying at a resort on a vacation world is Face One hell.

I kind of think that if household budgeting can be turned off for those who want to use Money, this mod would be a decent bet. A lot of the NRaas StoryProgression genetics features don't involve randomizing sim faces at all -- they involve picking genetic parents from the town or the sim bin. It's quite possible that the two genetics systems would not conflict and might compliment each other.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretX
"simler90's Gameplay Systems Core Mod " isn't compatible with "Asymmetrical Relationships" mod by lizcandor

Oh, it's not? Nothing screwy's happened to me yet, but I guess I won't activate it in the save and find out.
Alchemist
#24 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 12:35 PM
Love your effort, however the firefighter career is still broken for me. The emergencies still get cancelled

what does his name even mean?
Scholar
#25 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
Here's a quote from Chain_Reaction at NRaas about using this mod together with any NRaas mod.
"Quite a few of the things noted there are already fixed with various mods from here. There's no core conflict but there may be conflicts as the fixes from here encounter the core being in a different state or features try to do the same things."

Source: https://www.nraas.net/community/post84490#p84490

Thanks for the link, Sarah Good to know.
Page 1 of 15