Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

simler90's Gameplay Core Mod

by simler90 Posted 6th Sep 2021 at 11:36 AM - Updated 5th Jun 2023 at 8:54 PM by simler90

365 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 275 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 15
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 1:58 PM
Hey, not that it's a fix or anything but I figured I'd ask, do you think it's possible to disable the random outfit switching and random facial expressions that Insane sims do? That behaviour seems to be hard coded into the game and it sounds like only a core mod like this could do anything about it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#177 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 2:58 PM
Thanks so much for all of the work you've put into this. I absolutely love the Sims 3 and am so happy people are still updating old mods and making new ones. I've been playing since it came out and don't think I will ever stop. Again, thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#178 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 9:32 PM
If I add custom grandparents by Nraas mod to one of sim parents, will the modded game check its genetics in future?
Field Researcher
#179 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 12:27 AM
Thank you so much for all your hard work! :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:35 PM
I have been following your modding journey for a while. You are extremely talented. I can't even imagine how you create all these mods from scratch and make our games much more enjoyable. Thank you so much for all your hard work! ♥
Test Subject
#181 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 4:23 AM
Hi, I have a pop up saying that I have an out of date modification when I have this mod installed. Has anyone else had this problem?
Test Subject
#182 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jayten9
Hi, I have a pop up saying that I have an out of date modification when I have this mod installed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes. I couldn't keep track on with which update this issue started but I'm also told that I have an out of date modification whenever I have this mod installed and the game asks me to quit. It has been happening for a long time now. I don't have any other mods and I'm on Steam 1.67. I wonder what the problem is...
Test Subject
#183 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uglybuffys
Yes. I couldn't keep track on with which update this issue started but I'm also told that I have an out of date modification whenever I have this mod installed and the game asks me to quit. It has been happening for a long time now. I don't have any other mods and I'm on Steam 1.67. I wonder what the problem is...

This mod is only compatible with the Retail version of TS3, if your version is Origin or Steam then it is not compatible and it can cause some issues
Test Subject
#184 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by phychokiller174_
This mod is only compatible with the Retail version of TS3, if your version is Origin or Steam then it is not compatible and it can cause some issues

I didn't know retail versions still existed. Thank you for clarifying it!
Test Subject
#185 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 9:31 PM
I didn't know retail versions still existed. Thank you for clarifying it!

yep it still exist, its basically the 1.67 Origin version
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#186 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 12:23 PM

I have updated the Requirements section of the mod description which you will want to read.
Test Subject
#187 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simler90
I have updated the Requirements section of the mod description which you will want to read.

Thank you a lot for the clarification! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#188 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 5:54 PM
updates updates updates updates. doesnt mean i wont stop using this!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#189 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 7:13 PM Last edited by echoweaver : 17th Nov 2022 at 7:38 PM.
I still haven't had a chance to actually try this out, but I'm riveted by the updates. I'm learning so much about the EA code.
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 8:18 AM
Thanks again for this amazing mod!

I did however notice while playing that EA never carried over most of the traveling family tree bug fixes from world adventures to the into the future pack world. All sims while in the future in the family tree will be alive even if deceased in the past/main world and if a sim dies in the future bringing their urn back to the present/main world deletes the urn and makes said dead sim alive and a random life stage and not playable or select-able.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 2:52 PM
Gotta love these never-ending updates :D
What a commitment
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#192 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 3:16 AM
Thanks for the tombstone/urn fix for bringing back sims to main world from travel worlds!! Very much appreciated!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#193 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 5:22 AM
Every time there's a new update I am very happy. Thank you so much for your continued work on this mod!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 12:03 AM
Thank you to fixed the Investigator.
Mad Poster
#195 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 12:53 PM
Theorist
#196 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 5:56 PM
Just happened to come across this mod and read a little of what it does. With how much this mod changes and fixes, it made me wonder if it would conflict with mods like Nraas Master controller or Story Progression. Those two mods I couldn't play without but I like some of the fixes this mod does but worried that it will counteract the settings I have set up with several of my Nraas mods. Thank you.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#197 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 8:44 AM
Hello, I really like your mod, but since the 108th (?) update I can't adopt anymore. I call the agency but when they arrive the social worker is stuck. Would you like to fix this issue please?
Test Subject
#198 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
Just happened to come across this mod and read a little of what it does. With how much this mod changes and fixes, it made me wonder if it would conflict with mods like Nraas Master controller or Story Progression. Those two mods I couldn't play without but I like some of the fixes this mod does but worried that it will counteract the settings I have set up with several of my Nraas mods. Thank you.

I’d like to know the same
Test Subject
#199 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 5:34 AM

Follow this guide here Step 4 will make it compatible with Nraas story progression https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi.../?id=1131162350
Inventor
#200 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 6:11 PM Last edited by echoweaver : 29th Nov 2022 at 7:12 PM.

Most NRaas mods are pure scripting mods and have no explicit conflicts. The exception is ErrorTrap, and I think there's another one. i'd have to look it up. However, ErrorTrap doesn't conflict with this core mod either. I've seen a lot of reports of people using NRaas mods successfully with this one.

That said, a big point of this mod is to make EA's Story Progression actually work, so it's worth giving some thought to what NRaas mods you want to use. I'm in my modding-not-playing cycle, but when I start up a game with this mod, I want to do it with no NRaas SP.

If you do run with SP, you probably want to turn off the budget simulation in this mod (there's a tuning). If you run with NRaas Overwatch, then you'll find that it and simler's mod try to do several almost-identical things at the same time (see Updates 32 and 33). I'd be shocked if that didn't cause trouble. Simler's does offer tunings to turn off checks on its side, and NRaas is kind of legendarily configurable, so you ought to be able to turn off the conflicting checks on one side or the other. It might be worth just going without Overwatch and seeing how it goes, though Overwatch does more stuff and I'd be inclined to keep it.

Quote: Originally posted by leahmay74
Follow this guide here Step 4 will make it compatible with Nraas story progression https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi.../?id=1131162350

Huh. I'll have to take a look at those tuning files and see what they do.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Page 8 of 15