Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No more magic aura for witches and warlocks

by [Black_Spirit] Posted 31st Aug 2008 at 2:17 AM

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 4:13 AM
I just downloaded this tonight and I wanted to say thanks because it works just fine,it's great to eliminate the annoying witch sparkle,now all we need is something to get rid of the roaches

I have nothing to declare but my genius

Oscar Wilde
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 2:56 AM
Thanks so much for this, Black Spirit. I knew I'd want a mod for this the second I first saw the Head Witch. The green, evil witch glow looks like a perpetual fart cloud to me. =P
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 9:33 AM
I hope this works. Spakles cause a horrible lag in my game...
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 6:41 PM
Oh yes, yes, yes. This is amazing. I was getting so annoyed with my bad witch always looking like she needed a shower. Very confusing. Thank you so much. What would we do without people like you? Hehe, that rhymes.

EDIT:

I hate it when people don't thank the creators for their uploads. Only about an eighth has thanked Black_Spirit for this great fix.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 3:00 PM
Is there anything you do for the Spectral cats?

I <3 black squirrels
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 3:04 AM
Thanks this is awsome....Just what I was looking for....
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:43 AM
I was just wondering if anyone is aware of, or know if it is possible to, completely get rid of NPC witches/wizards, remove the witch ambitions, etc. I really like Apartment Life, but I hate the magic aspect of it. That was one element I was hoping wouldn't make the jump from Sims to Sims2.
Scholar
#33 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 7:17 PM
Thanks so much for this. I don't mind having an evil witch but having her look like she's stuck in a green body odor cloud was beyond enduring.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 6:17 PM
Thank you for sharing this it really helps out.(=
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 3:01 PM
Thank you so much for this. I was excited to play witches in AL, but hate the way Maxis did it. I want incognito witches. With this mod and the one that gets rid of the skintone, I can have that.

Is there any chance you would consider making a separate mod that gets rid of the sparkle on familiars? That would be so awesome.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:50 PM
Thanks, the magic aura is good for a while, but it gets old. Thanks for making this.
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by steroum
Thank you so much. I was looking forward to getting this mod.

Something I don't like in AL is when a warlock becomes more good or more evil or grows up then his/her clothes are changed, so if they wear custom clothes they change into witchy ones. I really hate these clothes so I would be very happy if someone could create a mod which fixes this.

THANK YOU for asking this!!! I want my sims to look normal and everytime I change their clothes they still wear that ridiculous hat!!!
Have you had any luck getting that mod???
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Thank you! I liked the fact of having witches, but not having them sparkle constantly.

So with this book, or what ever it is, you can choose if you whant the sparkly or not? Because I don't know if I whant to take it away for good.

Can you control that with this thing, or is it permanet? (until you erase the file of course)
Please answer me black spirit or someone els who knows about it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:08 PM
Link Break
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:09 PM
Link Broken
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 10:05 PM
Great Job! But, does this mean that the kitties won't have any aura? (I like MAGICAL kitties! [^_^])

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
Forum Resident
#42 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 8:34 PM
Thank you so much! I'm doing a sim story with witches, and although I had them have normal skin, until now they've still had the aura (they're 'hidden' and act like normal sims, so sparkling is a big give-away).

ILU for this
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Catti212 : 11th Apr 2009 at 9:44 PM.
UUGGGHH. I got Apartment Life 2 days ago, and already the sparkles made me go on a Witch Killing Spree. It lagged so bad I could only have one super-witch on a lot at one time -.-!!! And don't get me started on what happened if it rained...or if they used their cauldrons...or anything else that has effect at all. It crashed my game. >.<

TYSM!! I'm trying it and if it works you are a SANITY SAVER =)

EDIT: Hm. I wonder...

...If you make a vampire/good-witch hybrid...
...do they SPARKLE?

Oooh, what's that? *click*
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:55 PM
Woo HOO!! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 2:48 PM
This is brilliant. I loved the sparkles at first then they really annoyed me especially if I was trying to take a picture of my sim. It never looked right because of the piggin' sparkles. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 5:15 PM
With these two mods my witches finally can kill everyone being incognito!!! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... *Coughs* ...hahahahahahahahaha!!! Finally!!! I love you!!!
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 10:07 PM
This helps me a lot. I have a family of fairies, and the RED fairy is the evil one and the GREEN fairy is the good one, but they have green and blue sparkles respectively. This mod eliminates that problem. Thanks. ^.~
Inventor
#48 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 11:09 PM
Great. Now I never have to see these auras. Thx.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:03 PM
I can't help but notice a bit of a glitch with Free Time, if you have this mod and a witch it also eliminates their In The Zone glow, only on witches though, muggle Sims are unaffected. A minor bug, and one some people may not mind, but nonetheless, thought I'd point it out.
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 6:36 PM
Thank you!!!
Page 2 of 3