Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Housecleaning For All Sims

by Buzzler Posted 12th Jul 2010 at 11:59 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:57 PM by Buzzler

222 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#76 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by raffo89
However I've got a problem with LN: as I start the game a window named "Found Modified Scripts" (or something else, I'm not English).
That screen is only telling you that mod scripts have been found. It is NOT an indicator for compatibility. All my mods are script mods; so you will see an entry in that list for every one of my mods you use.

BTW: That window should have popped up since the Ambitions patch.

Quote:
Are they compatible with LN?
Yes. 6.0 is the LN release version and it is clearly listed as supported in the upload post.

The first quick update after a patch is just to recover basic code compatibility, though. There's always a possibility for more "subtle" glitches or missing features. These will only turn up with further testing. I haven't seen any for the two mods you mentioned, though, and the BedEnergy mod is too simplistic to be borked in a subtle way anyway.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 11:29 AM
Hi... I am getting an error when my sims does laundry using your clean house mod. I don't know if these Script Error reports could help you?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ScriptErrors.rar (19.7 KB, 25 downloads)
Original Poster
#78 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baglady215
Hi... I am getting an error when my sims does laundry using your clean house mod. I don't know if these Script Error reports could help you?
I will look into it. What kind of lot is that BTW, i.e. high-rise, VIP lot with electronic gate or regular old residential lot? And do you have an idea what was "cleanable" at the moment?

Test Subject
#79 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
I will look into it. What kind of lot is that BTW, i.e. high-rise, VIP lot with electronic gate or regular old residential lot? And do you have an idea what was "cleanable" at the moment?

It was a regular lot in Twinbrook. I keep getting the error when doing laundry (washer and clothesline), although I just got one today when trying to mop a puddle.
Original Poster
#80 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baglady215
It was a regular lot in Twinbrook. I keep getting the error when doing laundry (washer and clothesline), although I just got one today when trying to mop a puddle.
Any served nectar or drinks present at that time? If so, use the latest update. If not, I'll need a savegame to investigate.

Test Subject
#81 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 3:49 AM
No nectar.

I put a save on mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/?sbj4xs8s7wqas00)

Thanks for investigating
Original Poster
#82 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 7:03 PM
@baglady215: It was the scrap, i.e. the scrap you used to decorate the workbench. Should be fixed now. I run across and fixed a general issue with scrap and especially added a check to ignore "decorative" scrap. Give it a spin.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 10:54 PM
Cool, thanks! I'll let you know!
Instructor
#84 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 5:14 AM
I have used this mod for a while now and absolutely love it. Thanks Buzzler!
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:36 AM
I love this mod, Buzzler! Like everyone else said, everything's much easier this way, even if I do still have some neat sims for the principal of the thing I guess.

However, I've found one issue? I have a neat sim who wanted to clean the whole house(as they are wont to do); however upon using the Clean House interaction and completing it, the wish didn't go away. I tried clearing the cache, my game is all patched up and I have the most recent version of your mod.
Original Poster
#86 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TaraKyugga
I have a neat sim who wanted to clean the whole house(as they are wont to do); however upon using the Clean House interaction and completing it, the wish didn't go away.
Did you find anything that could still be cleaned? The callback function that checks whether the house cleaning has been done for the wish uses the same basic method to find cleanable objects as the original neat trait house cleaning interaction. From these objects my code deliberately ignores trays/glasses (because it's stupid to clean them up), "decorative" scrap (because you wanted the scrap being decorative) and broken objects (because they need to be repaired first) right now. Do you have any of those?

Test Subject
#87 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 8:12 AM
I don't think anything else was cleanable at the time. Although, something could have been broken(although it might have been the dishwasher, which you can't actually clean, but I don't doubt it still was annoying them), so I'll try whenever she gets the wish again and see if everything goes as it should(after fixing everything before cleaning them!)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#88 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 5:42 PM Last edited by suzetter : 9th Jan 2011 at 6:50 PM.
Great idea! I like my sims to keep the house clean and thought it silly that only neat sims had this action. Thanks so much for making this and sharing. Can't wait to try it out.

Edit: Got script error message from this. Also an Error Trap Screen. Sorry, thought I got a snap of the screen message but I didn't. I'm using the script mods - your Scribbler, NRAAS Relativity and Error Trap and this "Clean House" mod. I have all EPs (no SPs) and am patched to date 1.18. This occurred in a house in Riverview (has Amb lots and the Picture Studio and pro bars (dive/posh) from LN). The household has neat and non-neat Sims.
Test Subject
#89 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Great idea! I like my sims to keep the house clean and thought it silly that only neat sims had this action. Thanks so much for making this and sharing. Can't wait to try it out.

Edit: Got script error message from this. Also an Error Trap Screen. Sorry, thought I got a snap of the screen message but I didn't. I'm using the script mods - your Scribbler, NRAAS Relativity and Error Trap and this "Clean House" mod. I have all EPs (no SPs) and am patched to date 1.18. This occurred in a house in Riverview (has Amb lots and the Picture Studio and pro bars (dive/posh) from LN). The household has neat and non-neat Sims.

I have the same thing going on....Still love the mod!

Tim
Original Poster
#90 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 5:16 AM
TAJocelyn & suzetter: It's next to impossible to find and squish bugs/issues in this mod without a setup to re-enact them. So you can either wait until I stumble into it myself - which might take a while; especially since I didn't play TS3 in the last couple weeks - or you can upload a savegame for me to re-enact the issue.

I have no idea about the ErrorTrap thing BTW. I don't know what that mod does, i.e. for what kind of error it looks.

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 1:01 PM
Hi Buzzler. I got this script error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <ScriptError Version="6" Type="MiniScriptError" MaxRecursionDepth="0">
<ExceptionData>simulating object is null unable to obtain an interaction object A null value was found where an object instance was required. #0: 0x00b0b callvirt in Buzz_CleanAllForEveryOne.Buzz_CleanAllForEveryOne.Cleaner:FindNearestObjectToClean (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot,bool,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2) ([25C80D48] [196C3920] [0] [424359424/0x194b3600] ) #1: 0x00073 call in Buzz_CleanAllForEveryOne.Buzz_CleanAllForEveryOne.Cleaner:IsCleaningInOrder (Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot,Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim) ([196C3920] [25C80D48] ) #2: 0x000ec call in Buzz_CleanAllForEveryOne.Cleaner+CleanHouse+Definition:Test (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&,Sims3.SimIFace.GreyedOutTooltipCallback&) (18CCC380 [vt:18C89C2C] [18C89C6C] ) #3: 0x0006e callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Sims3.Gameplay.UI.PieMenu:TestAndBringUpPieMenu (Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.IGameObject,Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit,System.Collections.Generic.List`1,Sims3.Gameplay.Core.InteractionMenuTypes,string,bool,Sims3.SimIFace.GreyedOutTooltipCallback) ([18E9FEE0] [52703000] [vt:18C89AE4] [1795246165571106208/0x18e9fee03f3f75a0] [0] [1938CD90] [0] [00000000] ) #4: 0x00038 call in Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Sims3.Gameplay.UI.PieMenu:TestAndBringUpPieMenu (Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.IGameObject,Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit,System.Collections.Generic.List`1,Sims3.Gameplay.Core.InteractionMenuTypes) ([18E9FEE0] [52703000] [vt:18C89A24] [3471682247499675040/0x302de49c3f3f75a0] [0] ) #5: 0x000ec call in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.GameObject:OnPick (Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit) (18E9FEE0 [52703000] [vt:18C89984] ) #6: 0x000af callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Tasks.Sims3.Gameplay.Tasks.PickObjectTask:ProcessClick (Sims3.UI.ScenePickArgs,bool) (193DDD20 [vt:18C89904] [0] ) #7: 0x0000c call in Sims3.Gameplay.Tasks.Sims3.Gameplay.Tasks.PickObjectTask:ProcessClick (Sims3.UI.ScenePickArgs) (193DDD20 [vt:18C8982C] ) #8: 0x00017 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.UiMouseClickProcessorTask:Simulate () ()</ExceptionData>
Original Poster
#92 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 6:53 AM
@daciasil: Unfortunately, the script error doesn't help me to pinpoint the issue in this case. I'll need a savegame.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:12 PM
This mod is AWESOME! I love, love, love, love it! It makes me giddy and happy inside!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#94 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 4:28 PM
Mod Is cool! But could you make a version with no doing laundry? I'd rather like to tell them to do laundry myself...
Original Poster
#95 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 5:19 PM
anie_1981: I'm not sure if it's possible. The EAxian "leftover" code I'm still using might not like it. I've put it on my list, though, and will look into it. Some time in the future. I really can't give a time frame.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#96 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 8:34 PM
OK. Thanks for answering on my post. Right now I'm playing with Sims, who don't have all this stuff for laundry, so It's not such a big problem for me. This mod is awesome, cause I don't have to touch every object in game to find out if it's dirty or not. :D
Test Subject
#97 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:11 PM
Hey ... me again.

I just DL'ed this mod and the house, at the time, had the "Squatters" Move-In Challenge. It showed an error screen when the Sim tried to "clean up" the piles of thrash that is really the rat spawner.
Original Poster
#98 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loxly
I just DL'ed this mod and the house, at the time, had the "Squatters" Move-In Challenge. It showed an error screen when the Sim tried to "clean up" the piles of thrash that is really the rat spawner.
I just ramped up the chance for "move in scenarios" to happen to 100% and tried to see that scenario in action, but I'm either very unlucky or the EAxian devs really need to read up on uniform distribution. If I happen to see the "Zoinks... blabla ancient burial ground blabla..." dialog just one more time in the foreseeable future, there's no telling what could happen. People may get hurt. So, on behalf of humanity and mankind in general, I've decided to ignore that issue for the time being.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#99 Old 7th May 2011 at 8:59 AM
Thank you so much for this; I was always giving my Sims the "neat" trait just because I liked the "clean house" command and now I can have it for every Sim. :-)
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:24 AM
Does anyone else occasionally get a "CleanHouse - FindNearestObjectToClean() returned null" message? I'm wondering if it's just me. No bar, no drinks served, no nectar out, etc. The mod still works fine, (the message shows up after they're finished,) so it's not really a big deal and I'm still using it every time I play but thought I'd bring it up.

I wonder if it's spoiled food in the fridge or if maybe the dirty object is in use at the time, (like another Sim in the bath or something,) might be what prompts it? I've checked for conflicts so I suspect it's just something small like that.
Page 4 of 9