Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Burn Scars 6.3b

by flerb Posted 8th Jul 2017 at 10:54 AM - Updated 17th Jun 2020 at 1:42 AM by flerb

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 1:57 PM
Which file is updated for the November 21st patch? (It doesn't say in the file section, it only goes up to March.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Midnight Vampire
Which file is updated for the November 21st patch? (It doesn't say in the file section, it only goes up to March.)

V6 is still working fine! There's a few things I'd like to update and change, but I've been so preoccupied with the automatic sunburns I tend to forget about this little mod
Test Subject
#53 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
V6 is still working fine! There's a few things I'd like to update and change, but I've been so preoccupied with the automatic sunburns I tend to forget about this little mod

Okay, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 2:35 AM
does this work with the slice of life mod?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jawesome
does this work with the slice of life mod?

I've never tested but it should, I only override a fire action.
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:20 AM
would it possible to make a version where they don't loose their hair?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th May 2019 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MajorHangover
would it possible to make a version where they don't loose their hair?

yeah, but their hair will grow back in a day or two
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th May 2019 at 2:46 AM
I've tried everything to get this mod to work and it just will not. It shows up in brows and the automatic one works but it's not in skin details and only the first option for each burn degree works so it doesn't fit my sims skin color at all. I use to use it for my Hancock sim but now I can't
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:53 PM
great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 7:01 AM
I love this mod! My poor kid got fried by the dryer and he looked darn scary for a bit. GREAT mod!
Test Subject
#61 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 1:38 PM
So I have this mod in and my sim caught on fire but didn’t get any scars. I do remember getting an LE. However, would this mod conflict with neil/nyx fear mod?
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 1:53 AM
My sim caught on fire and got covered in ash but no burns. I saw someone mention the fear mod. I have that as well. Is that the issue?
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miceylulu
My sim caught on fire and got covered in ash but no burns. I saw someone mention the fear mod. I have that as well. Is that the issue?

still having that issue? Does it work as of the latest patch?
Test Subject
#64 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebonyx
still having that issue? Does it work as of the latest patch?

I'm personally having issues still with the burn scars showing up. I get buffs when my sims go outside as if they have the burn scars but I don't see them.
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 12:47 AM
i love this idea and i have plenty of burn scar cc! would i be able to use my cc with this mod to automatically set custom scars from cas to burnt sims? how do i change which scars are automatically applied?
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:43 PM Last edited by teresa7676 : 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:31 PM.
Default Updated
The mod seemed to be working okay when she first got burned. But when she went to the next stage and got her hair back all the scars disappeared. "Forgot to update this after my first post. It is working in my game for some reason when her scars healed to the second stage the wouldn't show up. She went to bed that night and when she got up the appeared again. Guessing hit a bit of a glitch there for a moment but it is working like normal."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by limefiend
i love this idea and i have plenty of burn scar cc! would i be able to use my cc with this mod to automatically set custom scars from cas to burnt sims? how do i change which scars are automatically applied?

sorry i never got back to your question!
that's all done internally in the mod, kind of hardcoded. Each scar pattern is a hidden trait with a CAS buff picked at random.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 2:34 PM
Hey, I love this mod, but I have a request. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the faded burn scars kind of overwrite freckles. The fresh ones don’t, it seems. That might be intentional, I guess, but I have full body freckle CC and it looks kind of weird when my sims lose all their freckles when they get the scars. Would it perhaps be possible to get a version that doesn’t overwrite freckles? I mean, I know that might mean that freckles will be visible through the healed burns, which might look odd too, but I adore freckles and it makes me sad that my cute ginger sims lose them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaiaMadness
Hey, I love this mod, but I have a request. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the faded burn scars kind of overwrite freckles. The fresh ones don’t, it seems. That might be intentional, I guess, but I have full body freckle CC and it looks kind of weird when my sims lose all their freckles when they get the scars. Would it perhaps be possible to get a version that doesn’t overwrite freckles? I mean, I know that might mean that freckles will be visible through the healed burns, which might look odd too, but I adore freckles and it makes me sad that my cute ginger sims lose them.

Good idea!
When I made the mod there were limited slots to add items to so they are in the freckles slot I guess. Just yesterday I moved my sunburns and tans in automatic sunburns into the some of the scar slots (from vampires I think) which works great. I figured vampires will never get sunburns lol. Good idea to move these too. I want to check that scar slots actually work if someone doesn't have that DLC tho. I think they would but you never know. Then i can put MY scars into the vampire scar slots. The severe stage is in the eyebrow slot to "burn away" their eyebrows temporarily which is why it changes on the healing and faded scars. If it works I'll upload the changes soon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 8:54 PM
Thank you for this and all your mods
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
Good idea!
When I made the mod there were limited slots to add items to so they are in the freckles slot I guess. Just yesterday I moved my sunburns and tans in automatic sunburns into the some of the scar slots (from vampires I think) which works great. I figured vampires will never get sunburns lol. Good idea to move these too. I want to check that scar slots actually work if someone doesn't have that DLC tho. I think they would but you never know. Then i can put MY scars into the vampire scar slots. The severe stage is in the eyebrow slot to "burn away" their eyebrows temporarily which is why it changes on the healing and faded scars. If it works I'll upload the changes soon.

Thanks! That's excellent. I appreciate it.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 11:27 AM Last edited by misterbunny56 : 20th Aug 2020 at 6:03 PM.
It would be nicer if you could make something like a burn scar surgery removal with really high price.I really like this mod but due to how easy it is to start fire by accident I ended up with all my sims get permanent burn scar.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misterbunny56
It would be nicer if you could make something like a burn scar surgery removal with really high price.I really like this mod but due to how easy it is to start fire by accident I ended up with all my sims get permanent burn scar.

I never thought of this... great idea. Last update I added a cheat if you SHIFT+click a sim you can remove any scars.
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 9:39 AM
Would you ever consider a version of this that's only the legs? These scars are brilliantly detailed, and I'd love the ability to be more specific about their location for story reasons.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#75 Old 10th Jun 2023 at 7:32 AM
Oh, the irony--a day after I installed this mod, one of my sim's triplets died in a fire, but the parents convinced Grim to give him back. Such timing.
Page 3 of 4