Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 11:50 AM
Default Useable Wardrope on Community Lots?
I wanted to make a schwimming pool community lot and I would like my Sims to be able to go to the lockers and change into their Swimsuit but Wardopes arent useable on Comminity Lots... Any mod maybe that changes that by coincidence?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 3:21 PM
Mods like the Insimenator (the Wardrobe adjuster object), SimBlender and similar should be usable on community lots.

I prefer the Insimenator because you can "spawn" it and the other objects it comes with in and out as needed via clicking on the object or the ground or a sim, without needing to go through buy/build mode (I've got the SIM version, there's 3 different versions, they work slightly different).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 4:54 PM
I have Simblender but I want them to have the animation that they change their clothes at the locker for the realism... I right now set up visitercontroller to let them arrive already in a swimsuit but with a wardrope I would prefer it... Could have been that it exists just wanted to ask XD
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 10:41 PM
I've just been able to use the game dressers to switch outfits on community lots ever since installing Seasons n my old computer about 15 years ago.I do use the HACKED COAT HOOK as a charity rescue mission clothing bin on communty lots and they can also plan a new outfit using it and it's almost always in common areas of apartment lots and is also likly to be in dorms for the high school students.I've used normal dressers and the clothing changing booths to plan outfits on community lots when my sims got caught in the wrong outerwear for the changed weather as it was snowing when it wasn't before.
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 2:09 AM
Like Tad Olson says, the hacked coat hook is community lot enabled, but I always want variety, so I have used this tutorial l to make a few more dressers available for community lots. This was a while back, but as far as I can recall it wasn't very hard.

If you want even more variety, there is more than one global mod that makes it possible for sims to use all dressers on community lots. One of those mods is here on MTS, but I have never used it so I don't know if it's any good. Here is the link anyway: Desser mod
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 8:29 AM
Others in the comments have stated that it's not working in UC though I've had the option to use any community enabled dresser on any community lot and even the changing booths are enabled for changing and planning outfits as I've done that to switch their default outfits on community lots for years eversince installing Seasons in 2007 and was able to still use that option after installing UC though it won't work very well if they don't own a dresser at home and haven't got any additional outfits for using in any catabory.You do have to buy noew clothing in any catagory where you want the option to plan the outfit to be available because it's not available ifir an outfit catagory if the sim only owns one outfit for that catagry.I can't get my sims to plan their outerwear outfits if they've not got any additional outfits in that catagory wuthout making them buy new outerwear or take some from the hacked coat hook for free.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 8:40 AM
I am skeptic about the mod not working with the UC myself - everything should work with the UC if it has been updated to work with expansion packs, and this one has been.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 2:56 PM
^ Looks like that mod hasn't been updated since BV, so probably something going on in the later packs that doesn't agree with it. The creator of the mod says it hasn't been tested with FT, so I'd think not anything after this either. They say it likely also isn't compatible with other dresser mods that directly modify dressers (mods that use functions of dressers probably aren't affected).

Use at own risk, but if someone in the comments says it made dressers unusable even on residential lots with the UC installed, I'd not be too surprised if they're right.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 2:58 AM
I used to not be able to use any of the dressers on community lots before installing Seasons though it was no longer an issue once that pack was installed and I've even used normal dressers a few times in UC though I usually have the hacked coat hook on community lots.It is mostly limited to those dressers enabled for community lot buy mode and the changng booths are also often available and would look more ralsitci for a public pool though a dresser could be placed in public washrooms or that hacked coat hook coud be hung on the washrom walls and I linked to it above and it's one of my most common items on community lots now
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 6:17 PM
Default Useable lockers...
KiraNettt, Irishman3's "incommlotchangeplan" mod will let you use the Uni lockers on community lots but be aware that (at least in my game) it disabled the 4 closets that came with Apartment Life (the 2 pole closets and the 2 walk-in closets) However, that said, I'm useing "DoubleDelux as my basegame so maby it will play nicer in your config. God luck!