Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2022 at 3:38 PM
Default WCIF No Bin Families?
Hi I need help here I only play custom neighborhoods.
I don't want the families in the sim bin,but I DO want too keep the townies and NPC's. Is there anyway too fix this or maybe a mod that can help?
I use empty and cleaned templates for the EP's but it's not what I want.
Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2022 at 3:59 PM
You'll probably want the empty stealth hood templates. I think this is the latest one: https://modthesims.info/d/520751/cl...-templates.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You'll probably want the empty stealth hood templates. I think this is the latest one: https://modthesims.info/d/520751/cl...-templates.html

Thank you for your help.I have all of these.I'm looking for cleaned stealth hoods without Binned Families,but I still want the townies and NPC's that come with the EP's.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 4:39 AM
Not entirely sure what you mean, then. Can you be a bit more spesific? Your posts above are a bit confusing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 1:54 PM
Not entirely sure what you mean, then. Can you be a bit more spesific? Your posts above are a bit confusing.

Ok example: Apartment Life EP. I don't want all those families in the Sim Bin (Gavigan,Newson,Oldies,Picaso,Cooke) ECT... I want too keep the townies and NPC's that come with the EP so when I move a sim into an apartment The townies that came with the EP will move in and not some randomly generated townies.
Hope that clears things up for you.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 3:45 PM
The stealth hood empty templates only remove the EA families in the bin, they don't do anything to the rest of the townies.

I don't play with apartments a lot, but either townies from the regular townie pool will move in, or the game spawns new townies - I'm guessing that's part of the issue you're having? If it spawns new townies, you could try the mods mentioned here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...an_neighborhood (midgethetree_apartmentresidents, notownieregen, etc.) so the hood uses whatever townies are there instead of generating new ones all the time.

Midge's mod does sound like it could help with the apartment issue:
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-share-the-safe
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 5:20 AM
I use NOTOWNIENEIG|HBORS to stop the random neighbor generation and it means empty apartment can happen and sometimes ony one unit is occupied for a while until I move another household into the aprtment lot.I also use NOAPTNOISE to stop neighboring units from waking my sims up or aprtments were unplayable.Neighbors formy empty apartments get generated in CAS and are placed using the family bin to move them in and that gives me layable townie enighbors instead of nonplayable ones.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 6:20 PM Last edited by simkat : 1st Aug 2022 at 5:28 PM.
The stealth hood empty templates only remove the EA families in the bin, they don't do anything to the rest of the townies.

I don't play with apartments a lot, but either townies from the regular townie pool will move in, or the game spawns new townies - I'm guessing that's part of the issue you're having? If it spawns new townies, you could try the mods mentioned here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...an_neighborhood (midgethetree_apartmentresidents, notownieregen, etc.) so the hood uses whatever townies are there instead of generating new ones all the time.

Midge's mod does sound like it could help with the apartment issue:
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-share-the-safe

Thank you so much for the help.This sounds exactly what i'm looking for
Update: Although I did like this Mod/Hack,it wasn't for me it generated NPC's and I only wanted townies/downtownies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I use NOTOWNIENEIG|HBORS to stop the random neighbor generation and it means empty apartment can happen and sometimes ony one unit is occupied for a while until I move another household into the aprtment lot.I also use NOAPTNOISE to stop neighboring units from waking my sims up or aprtments were unplayable.Neighbors formy empty apartments get generated in CAS and are placed using the family bin to move them in and that gives me layable townie enighbors instead of nonplayable ones.

Yes Thank you I did use that mod once,but I like having the social townies move in. The apartments are boring with out them lol.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 7:43 PM
I found major problems with the NPC neighbors like constant brawls and fights breaking out between them as that was so badly coded that I just use that Mod and it's considered to be nonremovable in my books and fixed the glitchyness with townie neighbors by eliminating the NPC ones leaving me to have to generate those manually and move them in manually to have apartment neighbors and these townies are playables from the family bin.I can have up to four playable households living in an apartment lot at once though I still have to use the evict button to move households out of apartments if it's the whole family moving out.I can use find own place to move any sims teen or older out as I've got a find own place hack enable that for teens and like that being an option to clean out overcroowded homes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I found major problems with the NPC neighbors like constant brawls and fights breaking out between them as that was so badly coded that I just use that Mod and it's considered to be nonremovable in my books and fixed the glitchyness with townie neighbors by eliminating the NPC ones leaving me to have to generate those manually and move them in manually to have apartment neighbors and these townies are playables from the family bin.I can have up to four playable households living in an apartment lot at once though I still have to use the evict button to move households out of apartments if it's the whole family moving out.I can use find own place to move any sims teen or older out as I've got a find own place hack enable that for teens and like that being an option to clean out overcroowded homes.

I agree The NPC neighbors were so annoying I just removed the Mod and said forget it.I wish someone could fix the mod so it only generates townies and downtownies only.Bummer I liked the it.