Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 9:27 PM Last edited by grammapat : 7th Aug 2022 at 9:52 PM.
Default face template
I have a custom default for Maxis face templates, but the pictures don't match what it actually creates. And the faces are too much alike. I DO like that the "broken" templates have been fixed.
Can I get some recommendations for some really different faces (with correct faces) - of course with no broke templates. Now, I just pick a face at random and then change everything (lots of custom sliders, and make lots of alien/extreme faces).
==edit---just saw info from 2005 from AllenABQ on his face defauts; he says go to C/mydoc/ thumnails/casthumbnails.package. Delete the casthumbnails. Which I did. But it is not under C-drive. Says this is necessary when you change face template defaults, for them to show up.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 11:11 PM
Honestly, I doubt you will find a set of default templates that is even half as varied as the Maxis ones, I've looked so hard, and my best solution was to mix different template sets. I don't know of any that fix the broken templates but Argon's fix will do that for Maxis faces as well as for any faces you have default replaced.

I like and can recommend Lifa's less gendered, because they changed a bare minimum from the Maxis templates and you recognise the same faces in male and female sims. Alfred Askew's Milkshape edited templates have some really characteristic and interesting looking faces and there is that elf-eared set here on MTS that might be fun in the mix when you create your lovely weirdos.

If you use non default face templates too there are soo many nice ones out there, like the "All around the world ones" or Trapping's or Scibirg's or Drew-cricket's.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 11:20 PM
i use a mixture of Mina's https://modthesims.info/d/536958/mi...-templates.html and SleepyTabby's https://modthesims.info/d/560687/su...-templates.html for defaults, but the more you can mix and match between different creators the more variety you will get.
Then there are dozens of non default face templates you can add in as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 8:50 PM
There is a project called "Beautiful People - A Default Replacement Face Template Extravaganza" found here: https://sims-by-izza.livejournal.com/80564.html
There are 5 different sets of full 28 face templates. They are very varied and I usually mix them up to get different results in my game. The download link is in the comments at the bottom of the page.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
There is a project called "Beautiful People - A Default Replacement Face Template Extravaganza" found here: https://sims-by-izza.livejournal.com/80564.html
There are 5 different sets of full 28 face templates. They are very varied and I usually mix them up to get different results in my game. The download link is in the comments at the bottom of the page.

===
Unfortunately, I can't view pictures on any live journal; they want me to disable my add blocker, and I would - but am too irritated to try to figure out HOW..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
===
Unfortunately, I can't view pictures on any live journal; they want me to disable my add blocker, and I would - but am too irritated to try to figure out HOW..

You can download the files and there are photos of previews of all the faces inside the packaged file. That way you can see if you like them, and if you don't you can just delete the download Just if you want to!