Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 10:23 PM
Default Mod to Stop Reporters from Spawning
Does anyone know of any mods that prevent reporters from vising your sims' business (commercial/residential) lot?

As this type of sim doesn't pop up often, I'll explain. Occasionally, when playing Sims 2 Open for Business, your sim's business can be visited by a reporter. This reporter offers a review of your sims business through stock offered, cleanliness, etc. A good review gains more customers. A bad review... Well that's obvious.

I usually don't mind them, but I'm currently playing a Medieval neighborhood that really doesn't need a reporter visiting home businesses. It would be fine for my merchants, but not for my poor peasants/yeoman. I don't need less customers because of one puddle after the rain.

Has anyone seen a mod for reporters?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 8:28 PM
So I've looked into this and, while I did see a mod to increase reporter visits, I didn't see a mod to stop them. But you might be able to ban the sim with the visitor controller. Now, the game does have multiple reporters and I'm not sure if they get spawned as needed or when you load the hood or add a subhood or something. So like, idk if you ban one reporter from the lot, if another will just spawn when the game decides to send one. But it's something to try.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 4:41 AM
Thanks for checking it out! I'll give it a try and see what happens if I just ban them from the lot. Hopefully, I won't have one pop up. Visitor controller didn't have reporters under the ban list. I had one spawn in a clean neighborhood and had to go through the pain of dressing her to match the full medieval neighborhood.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
So I've looked into this and, while I did see a mod to increase reporter visits, I didn't see a mod to stop them. But you might be able to ban the sim with the visitor controller. Now, the game does have multiple reporters and I'm not sure if they get spawned as needed or when you load the hood or add a subhood or something. So like, idk if you ban one reporter from the lot, if another will just spawn when the game decides to send one. But it's something to try.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 7:04 PM
No, I don't think there's a category for them @AliaD85, you'd have to ban them individually by name.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her