Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 9:38 PM
Default Mod to move family to another neighborhood and not lose friendship?
Does anybody know if theres any mod that can make the family i want to move out to another neighborhood not lose friendships? I think the nraas traveler for the sims 3 did something about that so I wanted to know if theres soemthing like that for the sims 2
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 9:49 PM
You can do this if you have the neighbourhood as a subhood of your main neighbourhood. So, if you downloaded the subhood version of Strangetown and added it to Pleasantview, then Mort could move to Strangetown to be with Bella, and he would still have relationships and be able to visit or call with the Calientes.
If you were to move sims to another neighbourhood via the family bin then you would end up with the sims having memories and a relationship with the sims they left behind, but not the ability to call them or visit them. The sims they are friends with (in both neighbourhoods) would be reduced to 'stub' files that are a name and thumbnail, and not much else. This is not particularly desirable, and is probably best avoided- if you want to move sims to a new neighbourhood, make them in that hood afresh, and make their friends too. You can re-create relationships in a number of ways.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 10:54 PM
Never move sims between hoods, that is a VBT (Very bad Thing) They don't just loose friendships, it breaks sim data.

There are Uber hoods where you can add the hoods together.
Or you can extract a sim in simPE, clone them in Body Shop (this is the cleaning stage) and then you can install them in the other hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Never move sims between hoods, that is a VBT (Very bad Thing) They don't just loose friendships, it breaks sim data.

I wouldn't describe it as a VBT- it's not game breaking and it doesn't 'break sim data'.
It just creates stub files of the sim who has left the neighbourhood so that the sims left there can still have memories and relationships relating to that sim. And the sim who moves into a new neighbourhood will take stub files of the sims they know with them, to preserve memories and relationships in the same way. It's not particularly desirable (you can't invite a stub file over or call them); but it's not game breaking by any means.
This thread has some info (it's about deleted sims but the situation is the same if the sim has been moved to the sim bin):
https://modthesims.info/showthread....801#post5852801
Better to make them afresh (by clone or other means).
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 5:04 PM
That's interesting, simsample; I thought moving sims between neighborhoods was one of things that leads to corruption.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 1:07 AM
It can be a poblem if you packaged them on a lot and moved them that way though it can be safelty done if there's a shopping district or downtown district you want to move them to and that's done by getting them packed up and exiting the lot after saving to evict them to the family bin and loading up the subhood where you wanted them to live and moving them into the home you'd chosen that is in their budget.I've moved households to shopping distircts or downtown districts before on my old computer and that's perfectly safe as they would still live in the same town though just in a new neighborhood within that town.