Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 1:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Safely Deleting a (Corrupted?) Lot
Hi y'all! Having some troubles with a specific lot in my game. Whenever opening the lot, either to move a family in or build/buy on it, the game will crash. Once it happened after the loading supposedly finished, another time it happened halfway through the process and I got a runtime error (pure virtual function call?) which I've never seen before this attempt. Moving the family itself out of the lot and onto another lot works fine, and they're playing normally. What happened I think it something broke the lot within the last few days of playing it, and the only thing I can think of that went wrong was I had the stuck fire glitch on the stove (the fire continues to burn after a sim puts it out, everything continues as normal but with an annoying fire in the background), and repeatedly used the Stuck Object Destroyer in an attempt to fix it, but no amount of boxes would make the fire go away. The good news is I have a backup from earlier in the day and the household/lot opens and play fine that way. If all else fails I can always use the backup and just keep playing that version, but I want to try and salvage what I did do if I can. Other lots in the neighborhood open and play fine.

My problem lies in the fact that the old, potentially corrupted lot has a grave (the family patriarch) as well as Ij's Lot Income Rights Poster, with the owner being somewhere else in the neighborhood. As far as I can tell, there's no way to access this lot and move the grave or the income rights poster, so what would the steps be to safely delete the lot/recover the tombstone? I'd also be fine just being able to grab the tombstone and hide the lot in a far off corner.

I do have Chris Hatch's Lot Compressor to clean lots, and I have nounlinkondelete, plus a couple of mods to respawn tombstones. Any advice?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 4:13 PM
If you have nounlinkondelete, the only issue with deleting the tombstone is that you won't have it anymore, but you can respawn it with the lot debugger later if you want to. I don't think there should be any issue with the lot income rights either, but I can check further later.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 5:44 PM
Another thing that might work is to resurrect the Sim, delete the lot and then kill them again so you get their grave on the current lot.