Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern Life - 3

by valennealv Posted 8th Nov 2009 at 7:45 AM - Updated 9th Nov 2009 at 4:21 AM by valennealv : Need specific directions to get CC

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jubjubesmcsmushy
This is beautiful work! But is it a recreation of the farnsworth house? Because it looks really similar. Either way, well done.

jubjub, oh my. Our houses are so similar... Do you want me to take mine down? I feel so bad for uploading something so similar to yours.. It makes me feel like I'm copying..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 2:42 AM Last edited by valennealv : 9th Nov 2009 at 4:22 AM.
EDIT: Updated post on how to install.
Scholar
#28 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 5:06 AM
Thank you for the instructions! Can't wait to play the house :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosalie_Q
This is so amazing!! How do you manage to make modern houses so beautiful?? :D

Rosalie, you make me blush! But I believe you are the one who manages tomake beatiful modern houses. And if you didn't link me to those glass windows, well then this house wouldnever be as it is. Thank-you!!

Field Researcher
#30 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 2:36 PM
This is one of the best houses I've ever seen for sims. Simplicity is beautiful. Let the nature flow...
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 5:23 PM
Where did the blinds come from?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I-Am-La-Femme
Where did the blinds come from?

They are base game.
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 3:58 AM
This is absolutely spectacular. I've been looking for a house like this for YEARS now. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

JuVeNtUs SoCcEr RoCkZ

----[.\.]The MTS2 MAFIA does it better [./.]----
Test Subject
#34 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 3:59 AM
Where did you get the refrigerator? love the house. something i would live in myself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:46 AM
Timberland, it's a base game item, just placed with MoveObjects on, and yes, it still works..!
Test Subject
#36 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 10:09 AM
How do you bulldoze the lot! all i can do is edit the lot... i cant seem to put the lot down anywhere help?!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HeyItzSara
How do you bulldoze the lot! all i can do is edit the lot... i cant seem to put the lot down anywhere help?!

When you're in edit town, cllick on the lot, then there will be 3 little icons, click on the bulldozer.. Remember to do this before placing down th house.. The ORIGINAL lot should be bulldozed in other words.. Is that clear enough? I'm terrible at instructions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jubjubesmcsmushy
NO! Don't take it down,theres no need!! Everyones ideas are different, and who cares what people think? I just thought you may have forgot to credit the original creator...

do you want me to credit you? Hehe, I don't really mind..?
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 3:17 PM
Great lot! Thanks!
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 12:10 AM
Sorry. Please ignore my stupid comment. By the way, I notice that your pillar is illuminated from the inside. How did you do that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vnth
Sorry. Please ignore my stupid comment. By the way, I notice that your pillar is illuminated from the inside. How did you do that?

Hey there vynth,

Ah, well you just place a light using "moveobjects on" under the pillar. I use the small, outside,cicular one that is flat. If you delete one of the pillars, you'll see how I did it.

Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 9:51 PM
Cool :P
Test Subject
#43 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 5:30 PM
OMG, this is house is so perfect! It's just beautifully SIMPLE! Thanks!
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:00 AM
Never mind Very Nice House.
Test Subject
#45 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 8:29 PM
*gulp* I'm trying to build my first modern house but you just intimidated me to a point of fear.

Whatever. I'm sooooo downloading this. ;P

OHH. and Very creative use of moveobjects on!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:23 AM
I wish I lived in a house like this! + I love the picture. "FIRST FLOOR: Actually it's the only floor..." LOL

meow.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 12:41 AM
The mangosims downloads require the expansion.....
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 5:03 AM
For some reason, it just keeps processing when I try to put it on the lot. Good job with this btw, it looks really good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thierrywalt
OMG, this is house is so perfect! It's just beautifully SIMPLE! Thanks!

Why thank-you! I prefer simple designs.. Obviously, hah. Actually I'm surprised how well it's been recieved by "the community", considering how simple it really is... Hmmm

Quote: Originally posted by shutterbrandon
Never mind Very Nice House.

Not to sure what the nevermind is for, hah. But thank-you anyway!

Quote: Originally posted by Shaprepenr
*gulp* I'm trying to build my first modern house but you just intimidated me to a point of fear.

Whatever. I'm sooooo downloading this. ;P

OHH. and Very creative use of moveobjects on!

Sharprepenr, come on.. I can't have intimidated you that much! I would LOVE to see your modern build! They're not terribly hard to do! I find Victorians much much harder.. I'll stop rambling. And thank-you for the download.. and comment about the move_objects on. Made my day!

Quote: Originally posted by kittykatGURL96
I wish I lived in a house like this! + I love the picture. "FIRST FLOOR: Actually it's the only floor..." LOL

Me and you both, on the first comment... I mean.. Not together.. Separately.. Commence the awkward silence...

And the picture.. yeah, shows how intelligent I am. Thanks for the awesome comments

Quote: Originally posted by Ryruh
The mangosims downloads require the expansion.....

I'm not sure how that works.. I uploaded it on the 8th.. and WA came out on the 17th (of November) .. So I think that may be wrong? Gah, all confused now.

Quote: Originally posted by h0axxy
For some reason, it just keeps processing when I try to put it on the lot. Good job with this btw, it looks really good.

I'm not sure what that is all about? Did you bulldoze the existing lot, and place it on.. "the waterfall" lot? Other than that I can't really help? Anyone else experience this? Oh, and thank-you for the kind comments..!

To everyone actually, although it is VERY late.. Merry Christmas ..(this is early) and a Happy New Year!
Test Subject
#50 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 1:25 PM
where can i find this fansworth house?
Page 2 of 3