Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#576 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 12:32 AM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 17th Jul 2015 at 3:24 AM.
Default Photoshoot Update

Note: Sorry I didn't include you, Pizza! I tried at least 6 times and your sim just wouldn't show up in my game for some reason. Is it working on other's computers? Hmm...

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#577 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 2:04 AM
My Sim has resting bitch face. Why isn't she smiling? This is a problem. I smile. A lot!

Pizza, I can't get your Sim to show up either.... Maybe something happened when you uploaded her? Could you try again?
Scholar
#578 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
My Sim has resting bitch face. Why isn't she smiling? This is a problem. I smile. A lot!

Sorry about that! I'm still trying to make use of some good general modeling poses, and still struggling to even find some. I didn't realize she looked quite so grumpy. Ah, well I'll be updating it with the addition of Pizza's sim and next time around I'll make extra sure she's smiling. Good deal?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#579 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 6:15 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 17th Jul 2015 at 7:32 AM. Reason: Update & illustrate.
Pizza, I can't get your Sim to show up either....

I am making a try at debugging this. The .sim3pack file can be processed (uneventfully) by s3pe, giving MadisonPizza.package. If I open this package in s3pe, it looks basically reasonable, I guess. (Quite a bit of it is devoted to her hair, but that isn't a bug; anyone who aspires to look like Pizza had better have excellent hair.) I have not yet tried importing her into my game -- because, honestly, doing all this other stuff feels like it takes less time than loading TS3 -- but I will try that, too.

EDIT: When I put Madison's .package into Mods/Packages, she showed up in CAS, sporting the custom-content icon. So, I made a household of her and Blake (whose .simpack I had imported in the conventional way), and they worked fine:
It occurs to me that I should have started by seeing whether I could duplicate the original problem -- that is, if I had simply put Madison's .simpack into Downloads and told the Launcher to deal with it, would that have failed? I guess that's the next thing for me to try, because I'd like to know what makes the difference between a successful & an unsuccessful Pizza-importation.
Screenshots
Instructor
#580 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:00 AM
Ahhhhhh sorry guys!! I am a Sims 3 noob, I don't know what I have done wrong! I simply made the Sim in CAS, I did use a custom hair but everything else was no-cc. Then I clicked share Sim, I saved her, I rared her and I put her on here :-(
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#581 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Then I clicked share Sim, I saved her, I rared her and I put her on here :-(

Let's try it another way, just because. Attached below is a (zipped) .package file of Madison the Sim. There are two ways that ought to work for putting her into your game, but I've only actually tried the first way:
  1. Put her into Mods/packages just like you would put any other .package file. She should then be available in CAS, as a CC pre-made Sim. That's how I did it. Or,
  2. Rename (or copy) the file to change the type from .package to .sim, and place that MadisonPizza.sim file into your SavedSims directory. I have not tried this, but it "should" also result in Madison's being there in your Sim bin.
Neither of those methods involves the Launcher. So, if you had a problem installing her .sims3pack file, and if that problem was somehow related to the Launcher's role in installing .sims3packs into your game, then these workarounds might work around that.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MadisonPizza.zip (2.34 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: MadisonPizza.package in a zipped directory
Instructor
#582 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:57 AM
Yaaaaaay!! I downloaded her, to test, and did method 1, and she worked! Thank you Ronnie! :D
Mad Poster
#583 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 10:46 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 17th Jul 2015 at 11:34 AM.
Thanks so much, Ronnie! Loading the game now to test. - It works! I tried her in "Saved Sims" first and that did not work - it's a different type of file from the rest, but it does work dropping the file you shared in the Mods folder. Thanks a million! I have a little pizza-pie! (cue Super Mario music!).

Pizza - you did a great job! She looks so much like you! I should have you tweak my Sim.

Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Sorry about that! I'm still trying to make use of some good general modeling poses, and still struggling to even find some. I didn't realize she looked quite so grumpy. Ah, well I'll be updating it with the addition of Pizza's sim and next time around I'll make extra sure she's smiling. Good deal?

Blake, don't worry about it. The poses are fine. That's her expression in game, too! When I was making her, I kept thinking, this is all wrong because she isn't smiling. And then she didn't smile in the game either. I'm probably going to tweak her in my game and see if I can get something different, but the lack of smiling may be the way the game interprets the personality traits I assigned her. I guess she's just lost in thought...?

I did tweak her. For those of you who want her and haven't played her yet in your game, please use this version, it's a little bit closer to how I see myself:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Anna Muses.rar (632.5 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#584 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 4:16 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 17th Jul 2015 at 4:50 PM.
Nymphy - she did! I threw her in with you in Heaven's Peak. I forgot to add my own Sim to the game...woops! lol

Madison's First Day:

Meg suggested that Madison study cooking so she didn't burn down the place. Then she went up to do some painting, but got lost in thought instead.

After Madison gained a skill point, she suggested she and Meg check out the cute little diner on the water. They could see it from the kitchen window. She went to take a shower while Meg napped. Then the sink broke and Madison had to fix it, even though she wasn't sure how. After she fixed it, she took a nap while Meg freshened up, then they ran down to the shore to catch a water cab.

The diner was so cute and the food was ok, if cheap. Cheap was good because the girls didn't have a lot of money and hadn't managed to get any that day, either. Oh well! It was worth it - they had worked hard and then enjoyed themselves. They ended their day contentedly nodding off under the stars in the little red house by the sea.
Scholar
#585 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 5:16 PM
Default Now With Pizza!!

Scholar
#586 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 6:55 PM
I can't find my self-sim, so I've made a quicky of how I looked a couple of years ago. There should be more lines, of course, but the "elder" sims look like they're in their 90s. (shudder)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  tsyokawe.rar (109.0 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#587 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 7:30 PM
Yeah! I'll put her in one of the towns next time I play! <3
Scholar
#588 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:28 PM
Default Now With Tysokawe!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#589 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 6:12 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 21st Jul 2015 at 7:17 AM. Reason: Illustrate.
My copy of World Adventures arrived today! Now I'll "just take a few minutes and install it" before going to bed...
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#590 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 11:21 AM
A little pause before the next real update,
but,
you know that pretty little park on Greenwood next to the Blue Bungalow?
I enjoyed some Blake time there.

Blake Sherman is quite a pleasant person.
We did some Hanging Out, which naturally included Enthuse About New House.
She checked the sink, as well.

Also: there is a big house across the street (the "502 house"), which Janet was speculating might be nice for a Seraglio. A number of us will be going to look at it later.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#591 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 12:50 PM
Did you check out the library since installing World Adventures? I haven't tried the back room yet, but I did notice the gym has a dojo in it which is really cool.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#592 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:02 PM
Did you check out the library since installing World Adventures? I haven't tried the back room yet...

I just stuck my head in there one time, and found that the hidden room is now entirely hidden -- i.e., cannot teleport into it like I could before. So I will need to unlock it via some WA-specific way that I haven't done yet.
Scholar
#593 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:47 AM
Oh, wow! You all seem to be having so much fun in Heaven's Peak! I wish my laptop charger wasn't broken
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#594 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 1:11 AM
:lovestruc :lovestruc Aoife's back :lovestruc :lovestruc
Scholar
#595 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
:lovestruc :lovestruc Aoife's back :lovestruc :lovestruc

Aoife was in Florida, soaking up the sun and riding rollercoasters!
Great, now I'm referring to myself in third person.
Scholar
#596 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:36 PM Last edited by IrishA03 : 30th Jul 2015 at 5:46 PM.
I know I'm doubleposting, but I found out that my laptop has 1hr 45 mins of battery left! I'm making my self sim right now.

ETA: Actually, according to my game, I only have 28 mins left (?)

ETA #2: No, now I have 48 mins? I'm confused
Scholar
#597 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
I know I'm doubleposting, but I found out that my laptop has 1hr 45 mins of battery left! I'm making my self sim right now.

ETA: Actually, according to my game, I only have 28 mins left (?)

ETA #2: No, now I have 48 mins? I'm confused

Yay! I can't wait to add her in with the rest of us! :lovestruc

Scholar
#598 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Yay! I can't wait to add her in with the rest of us! :lovestruc

You might have to wait a day or two, my laptop is refusing to cooperate...
Mad Poster
#599 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 7:52 PM
I haven't played in a while since I've been caught up in a Sims 4 scenario. Maybe when your Sim is ready, Irish, I'll play again. How do you feel about living in Scotland?
Scholar
#600 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 7:57 PM
I haven't played in a while since I've been caught up in a Sims 4 scenario. Maybe when your Sim is ready, Irish, I'll play again. How do you feel about living in Scotland?

I've always wanted to visit

Page 24 of 26