9 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28826 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Next thing I would check then is to have a completely different family invite her to their home, see if the same thing happens. But backup first of course! Also you could try moving her family in to their own home, see if the same problems happen when she's not in the bin. When she visits a lot, out of curiosity check her turn ons again as I'm remembering a bug I found, so worth a check.
Today I moved Gill and her mum (who is called Liana) into the same Changing Hut in Monopolis, that Willie Worth had just left. First thing I tried was saving and quitting that lot and going back into it. Gill was still there, so at least she doesn't disappear from her own lot. (That's a big relief, because I'd fear for the whole neighbourhood if she did disappear!) I then moved another pair of Sims into the Changing Hut near the bridge in Veronaville. The Sims concerned are two Romance adults: Bertha Maxwell and Fiona McKeown. I actually didn't mean to save them to the game, but, when leaving CAS I accidentally clicked on the tick rather than the cross! Well they're in the game now, so they'll stay. (Psst! Please don't tell them that they're a mistake!) Well, once I'd got them moved in, I teleported Gill Cuthbert in to see what happened. Once again I saved and quit to the neighbourhood. When I reopened the lot, Gill was still there!! I've repeated the procedure several times, and Gill is always still there. It seems that, whatever was ailing her before, she seems to be cured now!

Thanks simsample !!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28827 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 4:30 PM
Oh good @AndrewGloria No idea what that was, but it's all good now!
Mad Poster
#28828 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 10:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Nov 2021 at 3:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
As for the maid, I'm waiting to see what happens to her. Doing this rotation, she shows up to all her client's home pregnant. I'm even curious if she waits to when I get back to the fathers' house before she has the baby. There is a back up plan, though. Another sims is very much in love with the maid. He may invite her to move in. But of course, after I see what happens.

If non-selectable sims are made pregnant, they'll show with the full belly showing whenever they pop up on lots (doesn't seem to matter which stage they're in, at least in my game - or maybe I've only had pregnant sims in the last trimester show up unannounced, I don't know... ).

No births unless the sim is made selectable, and most likely also a part of the family (there's a difference between just selectable and added to family). Doesn't matter which lot the sim is on - fathers, community lot, etc. - they won't start giving birth unless it's on their home lot, or whatever they consider their home lot at the time if you use cheats/mods to set it as their current home lot.

I think there's a few mods that go around this (Chris Hatch's hospital mod would be one), but difficult to say if you don't know which one you have.

Also, who really knows what they downloaded upwards of 14 years ago? I certainly don't (I've found I've got mods I didn't know I had, and probably a few I don't know what are for - but fortunately they seem to work fine together, so I think if they suddenly started making a fuss it would be something new I'd put in. I do know what most of them do, though, since most have logical names)
Mad Poster
#28829 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I have hundreds of mods, how in the world would I remember all of them by heart? Many of them have descriptions next to them but many don't and that's ok, there's the HCDU and the 50/50 method in worst case, you don't need to remember where you got every single mod from ...

Keep notes, or put the readme in your downloads folder next to them, name subfolders after creators/sites. Binary search should be more of a last resort, since it takes a very long time, even longer if you have a lot of CC, and it also doesn't work at all in certain circumstances (such as if you can't reliably reproduce the error).
Mad Poster
#28830 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 11:50 PM
I have a text file called modlog.txt, and I record every mod I put in or take out in it.

But guess what! Sometimes I put a mod in and forget to write it up. Or take one out because it isn't working or I've got fed up with it. And I forget to write it up.

Because I'm human, and therefore fallible.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28831 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 11:57 PM
Yeah, some of us just do not have orderly minds.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28832 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 12:26 AM
You don't have to be infallible. If you mess up, that's what binary search and other troubleshooting steps are for. But you should at least try to keep track of your mods, especially big ones like the one that person was using, and it's completely senseless to ask random people on MTS how a mod you installed is supposed to work unless it's something extremely commonly used.
Mad Poster
#28833 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 4:23 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 29th Nov 2021 at 10:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If non-selectable sims are made pregnant, they'll show with the full belly showing whenever they pop up on lots (doesn't seem to matter which stage they're in, at least in my game - or maybe I've only had pregnant sims in the last trimester show up unannounced, I don't know... ).

No births unless the sim is made selectable, and most likely also a part of the family (there's a difference between just selectable and added to family). Doesn't matter which lot the sim is on - fathers, community lot, etc. - they won't start giving birth unless it's on their home lot, or whatever they consider their home lot at the time if you use cheats/mods to set it as their current home lot.

I think there's a few mods that go around this (Chris Hatch's hospital mod would be one), but difficult to say if you don't know which one you have.

Also, who really knows what they downloaded upwards of 14 years ago? I certainly don't (I've found I've got mods I didn't know I had, and probably a few I don't know what are for - but fortunately they seem to work fine together, so I think if they suddenly started making a fuss it would be something new I'd put in. I do know what most of them do, though, since most have logical names)

Thank you. You answered the orinal question. (post # 28775- I have a quick stupid question. If a maid's client gets her pregnant, is she pregnant even at other client's houses?) Years ago, I downloaded a lot from Chris Hatch'. I probably have the mod you are talking about. I'll look in my Chris Hatch folder.
Apparently, kestrellyn was the only one offended by my question., because the rest of y'all have been so kind.
Mad Poster
#28834 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 4:26 AM
I'm not offended, lol, I'm just saying that if you don't actually read the description of mods you install, then you don't know what's in your game or how any of it works, and that's a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry your so offended by this simple piece of common sense.
Mad Poster
#28835 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 4:46 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Nov 2021 at 7:32 AM.
^ There's a difference between reading the description on a mod you put in your game very recently, versus having read a description of a mod some 8-10+ years back (where the site now is down, or the mod name doesn't tell you anything much about where you got it from or what it does, or you may not have been as careful to have saved the info for the mod somewhere, or if something old that used to work just fine starts causing a random issue because the load order was changed, or any other issue that can happen with old mods).

I've operated with much the same Downloads folder I've had since 2007/08-ish, with a bit of reorganization and moving in/out here and there, and I wasn't that good the first couple or so years at keeping track of every mod or download (a lot of my mods are from around 08/10-ish). I'm in the middle of a full reorganization process, and I've come across several things I don't know what is, and a few mods I thought sounded useful and went to download but found I already had when I saw the name of the file. Still, my CC has been relatively stable apart from a few solvable issues.

Yes, it's of course important to read about stuff before you put it into the game, but when it's something old you've already had for ages, you don't always have that option. So just chill a bit - not everyone is 100% up to date on every single file they've ever put into their downloads folder, not even the ones who've been in the game almost since the start (me included ).

I think most of those who have played for a while have at some point used (or maybe still use) the available guides, and know at least some ways to find problem content. The guides are there as a help to newer players, too.
Mad Poster
#28836 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I'm not offended, lol, I'm just saying that if you don't actually read the description of mods you install, then you don't know what's in your game or how any of it works, and that's a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry your so offended by this simple piece of common sense.

I can not comprehend why you are so worried about someone elses game. If you read my post # 2882, you just might understand why I don't remember some silly mod for some silly game. I have more important things on my mind.
Mad Poster
#28837 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 5:16 AM
Because when you mess your game up, other people have to help you fix it, possibly the same modder whose description of the mod you chose not to read. But maybe you're right. Maybe we shouldn't care about anyone else's game. Great, let's take down all information we have about corruption, all the guides for the how to use the lot debugger, all the critical fix mods, all the advice and knowledge the fandom has built up over the years, because someone finds that advice to be oppressive. Sounds like a great plan.
Mad Poster
#28838 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 6:47 AM
[QUOTE=kestrellyn]Because when you mess your game up, other people have to help you fix it, possibly the same modder whose description of the mod you chose not to read. But maybe you're right. Maybe we shouldn't care about anyone else's game. Great, let's take down all information we have about corruption, all the guides for the how to use the lot debugger, all the critical fix mods, all the advice and knowledge the fandom has built up over the years, because someone finds that advice to be oppressive. Sounds like a great plan.[/QUOTE

I never asked for HELP. All I asked was a STUPID question. And to tell you the truth, you are the LAST person I want help from. If I have a problem with my game, it is usually my computer with the problem, NOT my game. The last time I had trouble with Sims 2 was 10 years ago and that was because my computer was going out. I bought a new, at the time and my game has RUN smoothly every since. If you can NOT tell the difference between a STUPID question and HELP, you are the one who needs help. I do NOT live and breathe Sims 2 like you do. I have a life. Sims 2 is just a STRESS release for me. I'm done talking to you. Have a nice life.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28839 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 6:55 AM
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#28841 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 9:27 AM
Jeebus H Christmas people, quit bitching at each other or I will have to start handing out warnings. Be nice to each other, and if you feel you have to post in anger... DONT. Go drink a nice cup of chai and calm down.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28842 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
has anybody ever seen 2 sims or more sims farting at once or just one at a time?

usually they will fart at when they get up from the dinner table when most times in my game there is still food left on the table.

Sim Sample farts a LOT, and he has zero neat points. I don't think it's anything to do with the food, but just to do with how sloppy the sim is.
Field Researcher
#28843 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 12:05 PM
Hi everyone! Is there an easy way to fix the inconsistent shadows of lot imposters when you build a building but then change its orientation from one street to another? I mean, how do you edit the direction of the shadows in neighborhood view so that they all are consistently in the same direction?
Mad Poster
#28844 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 3:29 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 29th Nov 2021 at 3:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Khal Ulti
Hi everyone! Is there an easy way to fix the inconsistent shadows of lot imposters when you build a building but then change its orientation from one street to another? I mean, how do you edit the direction of the shadows in neighborhood view so that they all are consistently in the same direction?

Yes! There is... Here's the info - from Sunrader.
Lemme see if I can find the solution for you. I have it - and it's copied into my userStartup... but I think there is more to it than that. I think I had to alter the lighting file also.
I will see if I can find where I found the info. I'm sure it was on tumblr somewhere.

Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28845 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 4:36 PM
Also this mod will make the lot impostors match the lot mode lighting:
https://criquette-was-here.tumblr.c...lighting-always
Mad Poster
#28846 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 5:33 PM
Also this mod will make the lot impostors match the lot mode lighting:
https://criquette-was-here.tumblr.c...lighting-always

Huh... I have that one too! Apparently, I have them both - and they work fine together

and Vintage Stuffeths
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28847 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 5:53 PM
Hook's files contain custom lighting files to change the direction of the lighting in-game using the setlotlightingfile cheat. Not sure what would happen if you tried to use those when Criquette's mod was in place; I'm guessing Criquettes would override on reloading the lot.
Mad Poster
#28848 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 6:13 PM
I'm still amazed that when someone says "hey hey hey I heard saving while sims are on the phone causes corruption!!!1" everyone just accepts this as graven truth and alters their play style to accommodate that, but when someone casually suggests that maybe you should actually keep track of what mods you have installed people go apeshit.
Mad Poster
#28849 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 6:46 PM
Hook's files contain custom lighting files to change the direction of the lighting in-game using the setlotlightingfile cheat. Not sure what would happen if you tried to use those when Criquette's mod was in place; I'm guessing Criquettes would override on reloading the lot.

I have no idea how I have it set up... I did it a couple years ago.
I have Criquette's file in my download folder. And the aliased shortcuts (posted above) in my UserStartup via Sunrader/Hook. And a modified lighting.txt file back in my UC program files (but, there's no identifying feature as to who modified it?)
All I know is - it works.
I use my aliased shortcuts to change lighting direction all the time - to better photograph the lots I upload.
It's possible I merged Criquette's and Sunrader's lighting.txt files together? That's something I would've tried... *shrug*

and Vintage Stuffeths
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28850 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 8:57 PM
You could have your lighting file modified to accommodate criquette's mod, and also have Hook's custom lighting files in there so that the cheat would work. But I don't know whether Criquette's lighting mod will adjust the hood lighting to match the custom lighting file or whether it's just set to read the standard lighting file. I've not tested it or looked into the mod myself, but you should be able to see when you exit the lot to the hood.
Page 1154 of 1339