Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weapons System

by desecrate Posted 18th May 2010 at 9:11 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:41 AM by desecrate : Added translations; verified compatibility with patch 1.47

1334 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 887 Feedback Posts, 446 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 54
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:29 PM
On mine it dosnt work.
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th May 2010 at 3:12 PM
Works, like having the choice to shoot or not. really looking foward to your phase 2 ideas / plans. Thank You
Test Subject
#78 Old 20th May 2010 at 7:56 PM
you can use it with 1.11 basegame too
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th May 2010 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucario
...nice but WHY????

SO YOU CAN KILL WAAHAHAHAHA!

lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 20th May 2010 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saffron74
Before I download it, I was wondering if maybe you could make like a shooting skill out of this...I don't know if you can because I'm new to this...It fine if you can't and I'm sure this mod will be awesome!!!

I was thinking of adding a shooting/killing skill system in a future, but then I found someone had allready done this

Twallan's costum Careers Mod now contains a Mobster career and Assassination skill, which works pretty good with my weapons mod.
In the Mobster career you can get assasination opportunities, where you can use weapons in a more gameplay related purpose.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 20th May 2010 at 11:28 PM
Awesum. TY :D
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st May 2010 at 12:22 AM
Default glitch
I love this mod, but DON'T SHOOT THE GRIM REAPER!!!! It caused all further deaths to just lay there. I had a yard full of corpses.
Test Subject
#83 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:41 AM
Oh my gosh! This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I've been looking for a mod like this since I started playing Sims several, several years ago! NOW SOMEONE HAS FINALLY MADE IT! thank you so much!! Great (and evil ) creation! I'm so glad someone finally was able to make this!
Test Subject
#84 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:45 AM
Just tested it and the gun works through glass ^^. (Probly from using the camera as a base)

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
If you seek peace, prepare for war.
Instructor
#85 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:45 AM
This is fantastic!
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st May 2010 at 2:42 AM
Well, I tried to kill the Grim Reaper and failed all times... he just wouldn't die! This is an great mod.
Test Subject
#87 Old 21st May 2010 at 5:30 AM
Oh hey looky there I found a bug ^^! It seems something goes wrong (might be just me could someone back me up on this) and after I shoot a sim their gravestone isn't added to the mausoleum.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
If you seek peace, prepare for war.
Test Subject
#88 Old 21st May 2010 at 6:55 AM
This is neat, adds a little more evil twist to the game... I'm going to hold off on downloading this until some of the basics are updated, I like the future features you list and I feel like police involvement and punishment are necessary otherwise it would be sandbox mode (Free for all)...

Some suggestions that might be cool...

Instead of police proximity, that sounds rather difficult to code, maybe just force the sim to be taken into custody (randomly) like the criminal career path sometimes lead to.

Maybe partner up with some other people and develop new skills for weapons such as:
- Weopon Aim
- Steady Hands

Associate weapons with new careers requiring previous skills, maybe making them available at the evil headquarters or whatever and the police department.
- Hit Man/Assassin/Thug
- Mastermind Serial Killer/Vigilante

Maybe if there's another way to add some challenge adding the option similar to how klepto's can't steal when other people are around.. some sort of maximum surroundings value where they can only shoot people when they are alone together... then people might have to become their friend and invite them to a desolate area..

Just some ideas ignore me if you'd like, great work.
Test Subject
#89 Old 21st May 2010 at 9:21 AM
Wow! Good job, thank you. Can you translate it into Russian please?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#90 Old 21st May 2010 at 10:53 AM
I've just uploaded the first update, preventing babys/todlers from being killed, and I've added a warning/confirmation message if you try to kill the Grim Reaper.

Regarding using the mod with base game only, I believe there is some confution... If you have a recent base game patch, You can use this Mod without World Adventures!
The camera interface script is in base gase probably since patch 1.4, it is only the WA specific text and images that require WA.
So if you use this mod in base game, the camera interface will contain some wierd text and won't look so nice, but in terms of functionality, it works pretty much the same way.

Thanks for all the sugestions, although many of them were allready planned in the Next Steps section.
Regarding adding a possibility for death penalty when arested, I don't like that much, as in many countries the death penalty isn't really a possibility... But I could try to add the possiblity for brave sims or police to kill the shooter when aresting him.
Either way it might still take some time until I get to that part.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 21st May 2010 at 3:49 PM
Thanks to you, you have made Sims 3 literally become Grand Theft Auto now
Test Subject
#92 Old 21st May 2010 at 9:16 PM
OMG...!!! tanks tanks tanks....
Test Subject
#93 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:12 AM
I think you should make the possiblity to shoot to knock out, like tranquilizer darts. It would be "shoot tranquilizer" and when it hits someone, they get knocked out like with poison darts in traps. Also make a tazer where when you shoot, they get singed and lose friendship.
Test Subject
#94 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:34 AM
i'd like it if you could:
get rid of the $26 per shot
and just destroy objects!
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd May 2010 at 7:17 AM
Do ya think hels and macs will work with it?? If it does.. *dances* WOOOOOOHAYYYY *cough* that would be veryy nice
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 22nd May 2010 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alfalfa140
Oh hey looky there I found a bug ^^! It seems something goes wrong (might be just me could someone back me up on this) and after I shoot a sim their gravestone isn't added to the mausoleum.

I didn't know the gravestones were added to the mausoleum when a Sim died.
Anyway, the only thing I changed regarding the sim death, is that I removed some restrictions to allow sims to be killed outside a lot (i.e. on the road or on a hill), and to allow killing some NPCs. If in your case you shot a NPC or a Sim outside a lot, it could have to do with my change, but I think it's better to allow this things than to have the their gravestones in this case.
If in your case you just shot a regular sim in a regular lot, if the gravestones are not correct, it's probably an EA bug that would also happen if the sim died of natural causes...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beastmode_on
I think you should make the possiblity to shoot to knock out, like tranquilizer darts. It would be "shoot tranquilizer" and when it hits someone, they get knocked out like with poison darts in traps. Also make a tazer where when you shoot, they get singed and lose friendship.

This is a good idea and I'll take note of it. I can do the script for this, but I would need someone to do the tranquilizer/taser meshes.
Quote: Originally posted by ertt95
i'd like it if you could:
get rid of the $26 per shot
and just destroy objects!

I kind of left that in on purpose, because bullets do cost money...
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 22nd May 2010 at 3:21 PM
-Evil Smirk- Heheh...

graphic designer. how in the world do i still have this account after so many years?
Test Subject
#99 Old 22nd May 2010 at 4:08 PM
OMG thank you sooo much!!!
Test Subject
#100 Old 22nd May 2010 at 4:31 PM Last edited by beastmode_on : 22nd May 2010 at 8:20 PM.
For the tranquilizer, I was thinking it would be added to the sniper rifle, because a lot of those types of guns are specialized to shoot regular bullets and other things. For the tazer, I would make a mesh if I knew how... Anyone want to help me?

Also, I've found a problem. if you shoot someone that is not on a lot, the Reaper won't collect their soul.

Another idea is to take one of XanKreigor's machine guns, the M14 Mod 0 EBR or the HK Mp5 A4, and make them mid range rifles that you don't have to exit camera mode on, so you can keep shooting. I don't know if that's possible, so tell me if it isn't, but it would be cool not needing to keep hitting "shoot" all the time.
Page 4 of 54