Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Box Of Seeds

by Buzzler Posted 6th Aug 2010 at 11:45 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:14 AM by Buzzler

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 4:01 PM
@mimmi: Fixed.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
#27 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 1:56 AM
Any possibility of the box storing actual seed. I've got a bunch of seeds collected of varying quality and it would be great to have them all in one place. This would be handy for allowing money tree and death flower seeds to be stored.
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@mimmi: Fixed.

Thank you for a fast fix.
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 5:59 PM
@Anach: Well, yes, it is possible. I don't quite see the point, though. I actually made an effort (a little one) to make the box reject everything that is either not plantable or not consumed without explicit action by the player.
Money tree seeds and all PlantableNonIngredient objects are already perfectly safe in the sims' inventories. Why would you want to store it somewhere else?

Field Researcher
#30 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Why would you want to store it somewhere else?

It is a box of "Seeds", so just thought it would make sense to keep all those Seeds in one place. Currently I keep my death flowers in a treasure chest, and harvested plants in the seeds box. In the treasure box I have a perfect quality DF seed and some harvested DF of varying quality. Same goes for such things as a money tree. A looked after tree may drop a higher quality seed than you can find in the wild. The box simply saves having to store seeds in different locations or having to carry dozens of seeds around for a sim lifetime until deciding to plant it.
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 8:45 PM
Hmm, I'll think about it. And I have to look how much code I have to break for it.

Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:41 PM
I don't personally use this mod, but I thought I could contribute with a translation. Here it is.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  BoxOfSeedsStrings_POR_PT.txt (3.4 KB, 10 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:28 PM Last edited by coffeebreak : 11th Aug 2010 at 4:58 PM.
Hmmm, *notices Buzzler's extreme helpfulness* Thanks for being so nice!

Planning on playing a gardening sim soon, so this will come in very handy! For some wacky reason I only seem to find useful things here when they're highlighted at other Sim Updates sites, even though I've already scrolled through all the downloads here. Guess it's because I need the usefulness of the item pointed out to me by others. *Must look for a child-can-garden mod*

EDIT There is no mod to let the kids garden! Now somebody is probably gonna tell me the teens can't either! How about a mod which at least lets them read the gardening books? I'm having a magical kid in an elfin glade, how on earth can she grow up without having a freaking garden???
Test Subject
#34 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 1:42 PM
I don't know, if I am right, but it might be that your box has some problems with a large garden:

I have a garden with all fruits (xx different plants) with 1 plant of each. Additionally there are a few money trees. I have set the threshold to 11, because I would like to stock 10 fruits of each plant into the fridge. The 11th is reserved for re-planting.

If I activate Auto-Sheltering Of Best Seeds, there is lagging every time a single fruit is harvested.
______

Additionaly I think, your box does not make any differences between a perfect (98%) fruit and a perfect (90%) fruit. Is this correct?
Original Poster
#35 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tairon
If I activate Auto-Sheltering Of Best Seeds, there is lagging every time a single fruit is harvested.
Yes, this will occur if a large amount of ingredients is involved and can't really be helped. I will see if I can change the code to only handle the type of ingredient that was harvested. That will make it more error-prone though.

Quote:
Additionaly I think, your box does not make any differences between a perfect (98%) fruit and a perfect (90%) fruit. Is this correct?
Yes, I only look for the quality enumerator right now, although I take that question as a request. How do you even know about the 98%/90%?

Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 6:41 PM
I'm sorry I only found this out today, but I haven't had time to test it in game yet.
The box of seeds doesn't work for me. I can place it but I can't click on it. I think this might be because of my (Dutch) translation. I only translated the things between <STR> and </STR>. Was that wrong? Should I translate other things as well? Let me know.
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 7:12 PM
@mosterd300987: Your translation is technically correct; I always check that and would have noticed if it was borked. Also, if a translation doesn't work, it will just cause to show the translation keys or empty strings instead of the strings.

No, if the object turns up, but isn't functional, then the script didn't get loaded. Make sure that your game is at least patched to game version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 and properly set up to support scripting mods. You probably use the pre-Ambitions way for packages, but miss the correct dx9whatchacallit or have it in the wrong place. I suggest to migrate to the post-Ambitions way. It's way less error-prone.

Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 7:28 PM
@Buzzler: Post-Ambitions way? I have no idea what you are talking about..
I put all my packages in C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The sims 3/Mods/Packages. Are you saying I should put it in /The Sims 3 Ambitions/Mods/Packages ??
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mosterd300987
I put all my packages in C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The sims 3/Mods/Packages. Are you saying I should put it in /The Sims 3 Ambitions/Mods/Packages ??
No, I'm saying that you should put your packages in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. Look here.

Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:29 PM
Thank you! That is soo much easier. I hope that'll work.
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzler
I will see if I can change the code to only handle the type of ingredient that was harvested. That will make it more error-prone though.

I don't know, how your script for the Box Of Seeds is working. To be honest, I have not taken a look at any code of any mod yet. I have been to lazy so far But if you like, I could change my behavior by trying to help you. Your Box Of Seeds is too useful to be left untuned for a large garden with 20+ fruits. This mod a a very

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzler
Yes, I only look for the quality enumerator right now, although I take that question as a request. How do you even know about the 98%/90%?

These values are shown by a part of the tunable core mod: "TooltipExtension".
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tairon
But if you like, I could change my behavior by trying to help you. Your Box Of Seeds is too useful to be left untuned for a large garden with 20+ fruits.
It's not untuned, thank you. There just isn't much that can be done to speed these things up. Every time I make the code smarter to save a call or two, it also gets slower. It's the same thing for the NectarCombinatorics mod. The dumb, messy code is still the fastest. Right now, I try to delay the storing process so it at least only gets done once per plant.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:44 AM
Works great. Thanks for the update.
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:13 PM
Default Updated translation
I updated my Dutch translation. And the new way works now.
Thanks for telling me about it.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  BoxOfSeedsStrings_Dutch2.txt (2.6 KB, 9 downloads)
Description: New updated Dutch translation
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:59 PM
I hope my translation is correct.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BoxOfSeedsStrings_SWE.zip (1.6 KB, 14 downloads)
Description: I've made a translation into Swedish.
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 5:48 PM
@mosterd300987: Thanks for the update. Good to hear that you got it working.

@SoStrange: Sorry, that file doesn't seem to contain a translation. The text file inside seems to be only a UTF-16 file header but not the actual file.

Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 6:06 PM
Trying again; Swedish translation. Hope it works this time
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Translation.zip (1.9 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: Swedish Translation
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:28 PM
@SoStrange: Thanks, I've added it. Out of curiosity, I downloaded the first file again and it had the correct file. Maybe something got messed up in the download (in a really weird way, because 7zip opened the zip without problems). Sorry about that.

Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 10:00 PM
No problem, glad it worked this time Thanks for the update !
Test Subject
#50 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:00 PM
Hi Buzzler

Autostorage seeds and what to store does not remain when reload the game .
Is it broken or is it suposed to be that way?
Page 2 of 11