Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Box Of Seeds

by Buzzler Posted 6th Aug 2010 at 11:45 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:14 AM by Buzzler

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 5:48 PM
@mimmi: Fixed. I borked it during the code change.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:13 AM
Fabulous idea! Thanks so much for making this.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coffeebreak
*Must look for a child-can-garden mod*

EDIT There is no mod to let the kids garden! Now somebody is probably gonna tell me the teens can't either! How about a mod which at least lets them read the gardening books? I'm having a magical kid in an elfin glade, how on earth can she grow up without having a freaking garden???

Actually there *IS* - Less Hygiene Decay From Garden Work: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=355689 states: "I decided to come up with a version of these mods to enable children to water, weed, plant and fertilize the garden. These mods are labeled clearly to inform you they're child-enabled so you can choose which mods you want to install. "

Sorry for the slightly OT post - just trying to help fellow Simmers.

Still loving this Mod BTW!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#54 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:35 PM
Congratulations on your feature

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Congratulations on your feature
Oooh, I'm a bunny now! Thanks!

Lab Assistant
#56 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Oooh, I'm a bunny now! Thanks!

The Amazing Buzzler Bunny Box -- hoards seeds so you don't have to! Also inventor of the Fresher Carrot Smell, because what kind of bunny wants stinky carrots?!

Thanks Daelda, appreciate your pm!
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 3:44 AM
I have to say that your mods have to be the most used mods I play. So many on the site are really great but not interesting to me personally. Yours are all stuff that I've often wished I could create though, but since I don't have a clue as to how that would be done, I never did! Man, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your work. My gameplay is so much more what I want it to be now, thanks for everything! I wish I could buy you lunch in return for all the enjoyment you've provided me! You're the best, Buzzler, seriously!!
Test Subject
#58 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 11:09 AM
I cant put it on my sims inventory :s
Original Poster
#59 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 3:10 PM
@Caniteona: I assume that all the other stuff isn't working for you as well. You probably have framework failure. Please read the Package Wiki.

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 9:07 AM
I downloaded this box in the very beginning, updated each time and I now have the latest box. I really am enjoying this mod and want to thank you for sharing it with all of us. :lovestruc

Now my problem - I have found out that quite a number of my harvested items are now in my family's inventory. My one Sim has her 20 perfect specimans in her box, but I also have 20+ of each speciman in the family inventory some of which are perfect.

These additional products are not showing up in anyone's personal inventory. I just spent several hours individually moving some of these fruits & vegie's to the ground in build mode, then switching to live mode so I could individually move them to the frig.

I can access these extra items if I try selling them at the consignment shop or at the grocery store. Am I doing something wrong????

I have all games and am fully patched.
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mtglady
Now my problem - I have found out that quite a number of my harvested items are now in my family's inventory.
That will happen when you sell a box without removing the objects from its inventory. I didn't want to add the objects to the active sim's inventory just like that, because the box in question might not belong to the active household. Although... I can add a check if it does belong to the active household and if so add the objects to the active sim's inventory...

Quote:
These additional products are not showing up in anyone's personal inventory. I just spent several hours individually moving some of these fruits & vegie's to the ground in build mode, then switching to live mode so I could individually move them to the frig.
You certainly don't need to spend hours to remove ingredients from the household inventory; use the "Retrieve Seeds From Household Inventory" interaction. That's what I made it for.

Quote:
I can access these extra items if I try selling them at the consignment shop or at the grocery store.
Inventories exist independently from each other. The code for consigning or selling stuff looks explicitely at both the sim's inventory and the household inventory. The cooking code looks at both the sim's inventory and the fridge inventory, but not the household inventory. No code except mine looks for a Box Of Seeds' inventory. You're not doing anything wrong; that's exactly how this stuff is supposed to work.

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 7:23 PM
Got it now - Thanks for your quick response!
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:55 AM
I have made a French translation for the mod, it's available just below.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  BoxOfSeedsStrings_fr_FR.txt (5.4 KB, 19 downloads)
Description: French translation for the mod
Test Subject
#64 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 6:24 PM
since i have ambitions all my mods (including this one) don't work. they show up in the buy mode but i can't use them. And i read the instal instructions please help.
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 4:16 PM
@jokmenen: You almost definitely have framework failure. Follow the Package Wiki.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:25 PM
Will you be updating for Fast lane stuff?
Instructor
#67 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 6:11 PM
Can It create the seeds, or just store It?
Original Poster
#68 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Can It create the seeds, or just store It?
It can only store seeds. Creating them would be cheating and I don't make cheating mods.

Test Subject
#69 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 3:19 AM
I always try to buy the chest they sell at the general store in the other country's. I put fruit and death fish, life fruit all of that in there. This is cool though. I am going to try it.
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 2:18 PM
Hey! I made translation of this in finnish. Though I think I should see it in the game first to see if it needs any final touches.. So, what should I do with the translation now?
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 4:03 PM
@sissus00: To try out the translation yourself, you have to compile the txt file to STBL first. Download twallan's STBL.exe from this thread, extract it to the folder you have the txt file in and drag&drop the txt file on STBL.exe. The STBL file will be generated.

Now open the mod package in S3PE and locate the Finnish STBL resource (Strings_FIN_FI, the instance begins with 06). Right-click on the resource and select Replace. Navigate to the STBL file you generated and open it. The STBL resource should now contain the Finnish translation. Save the package and give it a spin in the game.

Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 10:14 AM
Thanks, Buzzler. i'll give it a try as soon as i can thanks for the info!
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 12:43 PM Last edited by Latvietis6 : 22nd Sep 2010 at 4:43 PM.
umm i downloaded it and installed correctly (i think) i bought it in the storage (dont know which one maybe misc.) placed it on a desk but i cant click it only drag it like a bubble bath thingy and i have the ambitions,world adventures,fast lane and high end loft stuff installed. HELP? I CANT PUT ANY SEEDS IN IT

Original Poster
#74 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:17 PM
@Latvietis6: If the object shows up but is unfunctional, the script didn't get loaded -> framework failure. Please read and follow the Package Tutorial.

And please do me a favor, will you? Read your posting and pretend somebody else wrote it, like you had no idea what the author intended to say. Do you consider this an intelligible message?

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 9:15 PM
The box looks nice, but I can't seem to access the menu in any way, so in my game it's stuck being purely decorative.

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Page 3 of 11