Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 10:33 PM
Looking for best free camera mod thats available...
What's the best free camera mod thats has the right speed (without mod it's too slow) and fixes the apartment issue? Im on 1.67 steam

I tried the 2 camera mod on here one that just fixes apartment issue (free camera being super fast on aparments) but yeah im wondering if is there better alternative out there
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Conehead789
What's the best free camera mod thats has the right speed (without mod it's too slow) and fixes the apartment issue? Im on 1.67 steam

I tried the 2 camera mod on here one that just fixes apartment issue (free camera being super fast on aparments) but yeah im wondering if is there better alternative out there

try this
https://modthesims.info/d/345987/no...patch-1-55.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluehazard
try this
https://modthesims.info/d/345987/no...patch-1-55.html

Yeah that was the other mod i tried i have no idea how to install it tho

Place the extracted file in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini
and allow it to overwrite the original (make a backup of the original file!)

this is what it says on the download page but i can't overwrite package file with files on there and trying to put the mod in "Overrides" folder in documents does not work neither beside that i think that mod is useless anyways since you can already move free camera to ground without mods
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Conehead789
Yeah that was the other mod i tried i have no idea how to install it tho

Place the extracted file in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini
and allow it to overwrite the original (make a backup of the original file!)

this is what it says on the download page but i can't overwrite package file with files on there and trying to put the mod in "Overrides" folder in documents does not work neither beside that i think that mod is useless anyways since you can already move free camera to ground without mods

download and extract the "Aikea Guinea - No Drift Freecam Mod.rar" in your mod folder as usual
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluehazard
download and extract the "Aikea Guinea - No Drift Freecam Mod.rar" in your mod folder as usual

Tried still does not work...
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:28 PM
Where exactly are you installing the mod to? You have a mods folder set up and working, right?

The instructions above the download on Aikea's freecam mod are outdated. No standard mods should be installed to program files nowadays. It should just go right into your Mods/Packages folder and should work just like any other mod.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:37 PM Last edited by Conehead789 : 26th Jan 2021 at 6:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Where exactly are you installing the mod to? You have a mods folder set up and working, right?

The instructions above the download on Aikea's freecam mod are outdated. No standard mods should be installed to program files nowadays. It should just go right into your Mods/Packages folder and should work just like any other mod.

Yeah i have multiple mods on packages/overrides and they are all working fine only this mod is not working

I'll just stick to in game camera since there seems to be no alternative