Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 1:07 AM
Default Edit ALL Outfits
Is there a mod that allows you to edit ALL outfits, not just the ones available in vanilla? I want to know because sometimes when I use the ambitions styling mirror I get the mistake outfit, and some of them I like and would like to save, but it looks like I can't do that normally, not even with NRAAS.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 7:04 AM
There is the Easy CASP Editor: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1589/ It allows you to change the flags (e.g. available for random etc) for all installed content.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I have no idea what you are asking? What do you mean edit all outfit and what do you mean mistake outfit?

When you use the styling station that comes from Ambitions, you can get someone else to give you a makeover, randomizing your outfit. However, if their styling skill is low you may get a bad makeover, resulting in a gaudy outfit instead. As far as I can tell, there's no way to save this outfit, though, you can only change out of it, losing it forever. I want to know how to edit that outfit so I can save the clothes and use them for an actual outfit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 7:56 PM
So you want to save down the bad makeover?

I have actually never done this before, lemme see if I can find out more. But have you tried the CASP editor suggested by Norn? If the outfit comes with Ambition, it should be visible in CASP editor.

Edit:
Ok I'm not sure if I'm doing this right? But I give my sims random makeovers from the ambition makeover thing. And whatever outfit they get, I then go into "edit sims" from testingcheats and the outfit is there for me to save. So... unless I'm missing something, you can save those outfits just in the "edit sims" CAS.

If the sim giving the makeover has a low stylist skill they may give a "bad" makeover, which you will get a notification for. The outfit will be strange-looking, and they will get a negative relationship drop for it. If you're not getting it, you must be trying with skilled stylists since I'm assuming it happens less the better they are at styling. You can actually get makeovers from ANYONE, so if you try with a household member who has never tried it before you'll probably get it a few times while they learn the skill.

I'll try the CASP Editor.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 12:56 AM
Yeah that's what I'm expecting but I don't see it. I used my own household with 0 makeover skill. I got one of the guy wearing a suit top and ripped jeans and the notification "If you increase your styling skill you will have less chance of a bad makeover" so I assume that is a bad makeover.

Edit:
So apparently there are different levels of fail. The most common is you get an embarrassed moodlet from a bad makeover. That's what I've been seeing. But once in a while, and I mean like once every 100 tries, you get that "oh no something went wrong" really bad makeover. This is the one you can't save down.

But why would you want to? There's nothing unique about it, they're not any hidden outfits. They're just regular clothes mix-mashed and using random patterns. You can easily duplicate that in the CAS.

The most common one I saw is the one with shorts, fuzzy leg warmers, sandals, and the kinda punk top with the laced arms. They simply used regular clothes and then use random colorful patterns to make them look terrible. You also get that weird hairdo, where the middle is shaved off like a bald man for a woman. This one you can unlock in the CASP editor. But all others are regular clothes, you can easily duplicate the look.

If you use the dresser and "plan outfit" you can see the outfit briefly while the CAS loads. Once it is loaded, it will then revert your clothes to your normal clothes. But, if you click the "undo" button, it will revert it back to the messed up outfit. It won't let you save, but you can at least take a good screenshot and then duplicate it manually.

Maybe it's my OCD, but I feel weird about just guessing with the colors and patterns, I want the exact same patterns. Honestly, though, that's entirely on me; like I said, kind of an OCD thing. But I'm glad to know I can at least KINDA load the outfit in CAS. I'll give it a try.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 3:12 AM
I might be missing something, but as far as I can remember (I haven't used the Styling Station in a while) all those outfits are saved with your sim.

Do you use Nraas Master Controller? You can see all your sims outfits quickly by using Basic>change outfit and a list of all saved outfits will pop up for you to chose from.

The makeover outfits (bad or not) are added to your sims wardrobe automatically, and can be accessed from the dresser if you don't use mods.

Long live the bad makeover
Field Researcher
#11 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 8:57 AM
No, I ran into the same thing. It's not just "bad" makeover, it is "uh oh something went wrong" makeover. It is like a whole level beyond bad makeover. And this outfit cannot be saved. If you use edit sim, it will just show the everyday outfit (or whatever you were trying to make over). If you use the dresser, it is visible only during the time it is loading the outfit section (such as everyday). But once it is finished loading, the outfit will change into your everyday. You can then click "undo" and it will show it again, but then all the outfits in the selector is gone. There is a button that lets you "save outfit" but it won't be saved after you exit.

Oh, this sounds fabulous! Thank you, I know what I'll be doing this weekend now, I obviously never had that level of hideous in a makeover before

I can see exactly why the OP would want to save them now