Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SÖMNIG Vampire Music Box

by NixNivis Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 3:34 AM - Updated 1st Oct 2012 at 6:41 PM by NixNivis

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 100 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Instructor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 7:49 PM
This is super cool! Thank you so much for sharing:-)
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#27 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 8:26 PM
Well done! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 9:22 PM
This is so cool!, but, it's normal that when i speed up the game, the music stops? :/
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#29 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 9:33 PM
This is some of the best CC I've ever seen!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:24 PM
This is adorable! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:32 PM
Brilliant, I love it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 11:50 PM
This is fantastic! Thank you. :>
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:22 AM
Wow! this is just awesome! great idea
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:40 AM
Exactly what category is it under in the game?

**Note to self:
If all else fails, read the overview again including the directions on where it is located.... *facepalm*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 4:51 AM
This is so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:07 AM
A mini vamp in Ikea Lack colors... LOL! Who could resist this?!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 8:11 AM
This is perfect for my music loving vampire. She will love it Nicely done
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 10:26 AM
The nice thing about being asleep when North America is awake is that you wake up to a ton of comments. Again, thank you, everybody! I'm absolutely thrilled that this little thing of mine turned out to be such a hit.

@Gooh, yes, that's normal. It's a limitation of custom sounds, I'm afraid. Also, no matter what you do in game, the music will run for 32 real-life seconds, so even if you go to ultra speed to fast forward the animation, it will take a few seconds longer before the game thinks the music is no longer playing (and you can play it again). Again, it's a limitation of custom sounds that I can't do anything about.

@neosimstyler, yeah, when all else fails, read the instructions. (And you do get props for reading - many people just look at the pretty pictures and then go on to ask a bazillion questions about things that are all covered in the post...)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:21 AM
I feel sorry that vampire setting on fire most of the time but it is so awesome.
Mother Function
#40 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:19 PM
Oh my god. Just. Oh my god.

I don't even know what to say about the cuteness of this upload :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 4:55 PM
This is too much fun! It's not only a good companion piece to the coffin set, but it would be great for Halloween deco when it gets to be that time!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 10:58 PM
@NixNivis In my defense it was kinda late at night and I had just been studying for my World Civilization II exam so my brain was a bit mushy

I did find it and it is soo awesome, there you go another awesomeness for you
Mostly Harmless
#43 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 2:31 AM
This is just so fantastically awesome! Great job!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 6:19 AM
I'm not sure if anyone's told you or not...
This. Is. Awesome!

Seriously, this is just as clever as ever!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 7:03 AM
Never before has exposing vampires in daylight been so much fun... Until now. Made even better with epic music playing in the background!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 6:17 PM
I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but thank you, thank you, thank you! I must admit, it amuses me no end that so many people like to set their vampires on fire.
Banned
THANKS POST
#47 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:47 AM
Congrats on a picked upload!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 3:03 AM
AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so creative!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you for a music box without a ballerina!! My gothic sims will love this!!!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis
I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but thank you, thank you, thank you! I must admit, it amuses me no end that so many people like to set their vampires on fire.

Too bad you couldn't have the music box play "Burn baby burn disco inferno" when the little vampire is set on fire

Snarling ever forward
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#50 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 5:41 AM
Burn baby burn.. that would've been really appropriate and amusing. I know Nix "looked" at a couple different pieces of music to use and couldn't because of copyrights. That probably would've been the case with that song too.

But- now I'll be thinking that song when my sims play with the music box.
Page 2 of 5