Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 9:39 PM
I play in English because I am an anglophile.

I tried to play in Swedish but I did not like it, and did not like when the Sims had Swedish names. (I like anglosaxon and Irish names, and fantasy names which sound *vaguely* anglosaxon.)
Also I sometimes work as a translator and I did not like the Swedish translation, and it made me try to think up better translations, for some of the names and menu options, and it was really difficult. And distracting... when I just wanted to have fun and play.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 9:41 AM
I play TS2 in english, but for my TS3 I use finnish, mainly because I play it with my little bro as well, and he wouldn't understand even a bit of what they (the sims, that is) said if it'd be in english (he's 4).
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 4:57 PM
I do play it in Finnish now, but I have tried to play it in English. Both worked pretty well, altough I prefer playing it in Finnish
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
My game is English but I used to play in Swedish. The changed when it started to bother me that I couldn't discuss pre-mades or understand discussions about them throughout the community. I had to look them up all the time. I actually find the Swedish translation quite funny despite its faults.

Quote: Originally posted by Freakish Academy
Swedish. I don't know why I installed it in Swedish, I usually prefer to have everything in English, and now I'm just too lazy to re-install everything. Or is there any other way to change the language?

You can change the language of the game without re-installing. Just follow the instructions in this thread: Here

Happy simming! :D
Scholar
#30 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:27 PM
I play the swedish version becurse I am from Sweden. The translation is very bad sometimes but I do not find it to disturbing.
Test Subject
#31 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:56 PM
I play in English and have done that since Sims 1. The reasons are
3: I lived in the US for 10 years. The Swedish translation is horrible and
everything has silly names. It's very difficult to ask for help or follow
tutorials if you don't know the names of things.

I run most of my programs in English, including my browser. Again, easier to find
help and tutorials in English.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 5:23 PM
Im from the (boring) home of English and apart from having to learn French & Spanish, I have never learnt another language . Is it true that Non-English sims games that often Sims Names change from every game? I would love to learn a scandinavian language (if given the Choice). does that language change work with TS3 and Windows 7? If so then Scandinavian Simming, Here i Come!

Just Call me Square!
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 8:26 AM
In Finnish. I once played TS2 in English, but it didn't really feel right, as I have always played Sims in Finnish (and I started playing.. hum.. I think I was 7 or 8 back then). I play TS3 in Finnish too, even though it would imo be better off in English.. But I am indeed too lazy to change the language and blah.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 3:02 PM
Danish :lovestruc
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 1:51 PM
Default Finland-Swedish as I am...
I'm Finland-Swedish (living in Finland, speaking perfect Swedish AND Finnish, originating from Swedes centuries ago...).

When I was younger, I used to play in Finnish, because the humourous translations felt closer to my heart in Finnish because of living in Finland. I changed my language to Swedish when I started blogging about the game (I know own iSims Sweden, I prefer Swedish since I'm better in that), because it was easier to write directly outgoing from the game in Swedish without having to think of translations first.

I have tried to play in English using AnyGameStarter, but I didn't understand what all the interactions did, so I stopped immediately.

Olen suomenruotsalainen!
Jag är finlandssvensk!
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
Is it true that Non-English sims games that often Sims Names change from every game?

In Finnish, all of the Sims' names are translated - but in Swedish the usually remain their first name or whole name.

Due to different translators, a sim named "Sim Ex" in TS2 could be called "Sim Example" in TS3, which is irritating. Often humorous translationg of names to TS2 are replaced with the English originals fir TS3.

If that made any sense...
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Only : 25th May 2013 at 5:59 PM.
I play my game in Finnish, (but I love to play The Sims Medieval sometimes, because there isn't Finnish to choose there so I play it in English.)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 1:56 PM
I play the game in Swedish. I'm so intent on doing that that the first thing I tend to do when I install a mod, slider or some other custom content containing language strings, is to open the file in S3PE and fill in any missing translations (unless there are just too many strings to do it in one go) to try to make sure that the mod's new actions don't stick out from the rest with English phrases in the game.

I haven't got around to actually supplying Swedish translations for any mods yet, but am only doing it for my own enjoyment, but that may change in the future.
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 6:24 PM
I play in swedish because I have done that since I started playing the Sims when I was eleven.
I have thought about playing in english the last years or so, but I'm so used to all the swedish words in the game so it would be difficult for me to learn everything from the beginning. I do NOT like change (;

Page 2 of 2