Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strawberry Plant - v1.2 (5th Nov 2015)

by douglasveiga Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 7:50 AM - Updated 6th Nov 2015 at 12:53 AM by douglasveiga

321 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 128 Feedback Posts, 192 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 5:51 PM
Is the strawberry pie added as a favourite food?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 5:58 PM
Wow! I like it! I love strawberries!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 6:57 PM
That is great! thanks you're a genius, I'll wait other cakes with other fruits. You forget the Spanish translation, maybe you can do it, thanks and greetings
Inventor
Original Poster
#79 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:30 PM
Thank you Everybody!!

@bubblegum__14, @kociara81, @lex700, @Freja, @quir98, @Misling,
I already included the translations as optional download. Thank you very much!!

Quote: Originally posted by andersew_705
Hey, I love your mod, great idea ! Look, I don't know about, but, my TS3 is in Brazilian Portuguese, so it have any translation for this language ?

Thank you, PT translation already available.

Quote: Originally posted by syberiana009
That is great! thanks you're a genius, I'll wait other cakes with other fruits. You forget the Spanish translation, maybe you can do it, thanks and greetings

Thank you, SPA translation already available.

Quote: Originally posted by Jay Emm
Is the strawberry pie added as a favourite food?

no, isn't possible.

Quote: Originally posted by amjoie
I am thrilled with this. Great job!

I would also love blueberries. And blackberries. And boysenberries. With pies for each.

If we don't see corn, soon, could you also make corn? And corn bread for the Monte Vista wood oven. :D

I believe Corn will be available at Sims Store, soon.

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't have the strawberries show up in my game!
Well, correction, the plant and the actual strawberry show up in Buy Mode, but no seed and no fruit show up in the Grocery shop. I can't place the plant in Edit Town and if I put the strawberry on the ground, the sim can't pick it up in Live mode.
I have no other mods or cc installed, this is with a Clean Folder.
What could be causing this with a game with no other mods installed?

I believe you need to patch your game. at least version 1.55.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:34 PM
I got a problem. The things appeared in my game, but every time I buy a recipe, it is not shown in my inventory. My money is gone, but the recipes are not showing up like before. I then erased your creations and it worked again. Any ideas what I could do to fix this? I'd really love to have your strawberries in my game!
Inventor
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zwerschekind
I got a problem. The things appeared in my game, but every time I buy a recipe, it is not shown in my inventory. My money is gone, but the recipes are not showing up like before. I then erased your creations and it worked again. Any ideas what I could do to fix this? I'd really love to have your strawberries in my game!

can you explain with more details? did you buy a recipe book? a meal? where?
Scholar
#82 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I believe you need to patch your game. at least version 1.55.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am already patched to 1.63, have all EPs upto 'Into The Future'.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:44 PM
can you explain with more details? did you buy a recipe book? a meal? where?

Yes, sorry. I'm playing in Sunset Valley and I'm talking about the regular recipes at the Supermarket. Tried it with other neighborhoods. Same there. My game is patched to the 1.63.5.024002
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:44 PM
omg, this is brilliant idea tnxs doug so much!
Inventor
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 7:48 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 5th Dec 2013 at 8:15 PM.
Yes, sorry. I'm playing in Sunset Valley and I'm talking about the regular recipes at the Supermarket. Tried it with other neighborhoods. Same there. My game is patched to the 1.63.5.024002

I believe you are talking about the bookstore, because you can buy recipes there. At Grocery Store (Supermarket), you can buy Ingredients. Are you using any other mod?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 8:34 PM
More plants please! XD
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:10 PM
I believe you are talking about the bookstore, because you can buy recipes there. At Grocery Store (Supermarket), you can buy Ingredients. Are you using any other mod?

Right! I tried again and like you'll see here: all (!) recipes are now shown at the supermarket. Your strawberry pie as well. Your recipe is not showing up at the bookstore. I looked again in different neighborhoods. It's nowhere to be found, but at the supermarket, where like I already said, I don't get the recipes in my inventory after buying.
I have only very few other mods installed "Awesome Mod" and several sliders, but my packages folder is filled with other downloads. Tried to start the game only with your mod, but the problem remains...
Inventor
Original Poster
#88 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:30 PM
Right! I tried again and like you'll see here: all (!) recipes are now shown at the supermarket. Your strawberry pie as well. Your recipe is not showing up at the bookstore. I looked again in different neighborhoods. It's nowhere to be found, but at the supermarket, where like I already said, I don't get the recipes in my inventory after buying.
I have only very few other mods installed "Awesome Mod" and several sliders, but my packages folder is filled with other downloads. Tried to start the game only with your mod, but the problem remains...

Now I understood. I believe it's an ingame translation problem because this tab, "Rezepte", means "Buy by Recipes" in English. I mean, you are buying Ingredients for the selected Recipes, not the Recipe Book. If you want to buy Recipe Book, you need to buy it at BookStore. By the way, the Strawberry Pie don't have Recipe Book available, your sim will automatically learn after reach level 4 of cooking skill.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:40 PM
Now I understood. I believe it's an ingame translation problem because this tab, "Rezepte", means "Buy by Recipes" in English. I mean, you are buying Ingredients for the selected Recipes, not the Recipe Book. If you want to buy Recipe Book, you need to buy it at BookStore. By the way, the Strawberry Pie don't have Recipe Book available, your sim will automatically learn after reach level 4 of cooking skill.

Ohhhh.. Now I feel stupid, haha. Just switched from TS2 to TS3 after years, ... Thanks a lot!
Scholar
#90 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:35 PM
Just to say, the strawberry plant now shows up in my game!
After some more testing I worked out the Strawberry Plant didn't show up after being merged with other script mods. I usually use CCMagic to manage and merge my mods before playing. It didn't seem to like it! So I've installed the Strawberry plant in the usual way without merging it and it works fine. Apologies for my mistake! Thank you, DV for sharing, I really wanted to use this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 3:29 AM
amazing idea! thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 5:08 AM
Thank you for this! It'll make great addition to my game.
Test Subject
#93 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 6:18 AM
This is awesome! Would it be possible for you to make a version that doesn't give the "divine meal" moodlet though? I like ambrosia being the only food to give that, and I also think I'll be having my sims eat lots of strawberry pies and they don't need a constant +75 buff. If you can't or don't want to that is fine, just having the strawberries and a pie to go with it is pretty darn awesome.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 8:56 AM
great ! great ! great ! I love having new thing to grow ! I hope you can do more! or other modders will be inspired to create new plants! Thank you !
Instructor
THANKS POST
#95 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 12:29 PM
Awesome! Hopefully these will turn out better than when I actually tried to grow Strawberries in my backyard.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#96 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:08 PM
Douglas, you're a genius A new plant, a new fruit, a new food and moodlets to top it all, that's awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 5:00 PM
Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 10:34 PM
could you make the same way other harvestables that are missing?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#99 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 10:49 PM
awesome!! thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 2:01 PM
thank you! and can you make other fruits/vegetables?
Page 4 of 13