Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cloning Machine Overhaul

by MAL22 Posted 22nd Mar 2020 at 8:10 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2021 at 10:38 PM by MAL22

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 10:03 AM
One of the functions that I think would be interesting would be a "Clone Multiple" option for Objects/Items, especially useful for cloning a whole arsenal of Infection Vaccine, and/or Relics/Gems.

Check out my Patreon, I feature Artwork and Short Stories and Bio's about my own Personal Multiverse, as well as some CC I'll share for early release (nothing major right now though, Mainly just recategorized Maxis Content).

Become a Patron!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 6:04 AM
Hey, is this mod compatible with this 100% success rate mod? modthesims.info/download.php?t=605959
Just came across it. It would be useful to avoid evil or erratic clones.
I haven't tried it yet, I see it is pretty old, so there's no guarantee it still works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrianZ
Hey, is this mod compatible with this 100% success rate mod? modthesims.info/download.php?t=605959
Just came across it. It would be useful to avoid evil or erratic clones.
I haven't tried it yet, I see it is pretty old, so there's no guarantee it still works.

That mod is only for object cloning so it is compatible with my mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 11:01 PM
this is great, but suggeston: is it possible to toggle evil clone to "always", "never" or automatic? if not, can you please add that setting?
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 1:23 PM Last edited by damiankesser : 28th Apr 2020 at 3:55 PM.
EDIT: Scratch the magic stuff, just remembered I added the "kids can do" mod that added that.

I just did a little bit of testing and it looks like this also affects the duplicato spell. I'm actually happy that it does since it gives some extra use to the spell, but doesn't function 100%. There is the issue that you can't actually change the clone settings without having access to a cloning machine, so you just end up with whatever the last settings were set to regardless of what save it was changed in. It doesn't automatically add the new clone to the family, and they have all the skills, abilities, and number of traits of the original regardless of the age. I made a child clone that was still able to use magic and all the spells of the original, but after saving and reloading the extra traits disappeared. Making a toddler or baby resulted in a stretched out nightmare creature that quickly vanished from the lot. The toddler I was able to call back to the lot and he looked normal, but the baby just seemed to mess up the save. I went to manage town then tried going back to the family and got an error that it couldn't load it. The toddler was actually able to cast delicioso, but not any of the other spells unlocked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th May 2020 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by damiankesser
EDIT: Scratch the magic stuff, just remembered I added the "kids can do" mod that added that.

I just did a little bit of testing and it looks like this also affects the duplicato spell. I'm actually happy that it does since it gives some extra use to the spell, but doesn't function 100%. There is the issue that you can't actually change the clone settings without having access to a cloning machine, so you just end up with whatever the last settings were set to regardless of what save it was changed in. It doesn't automatically add the new clone to the family, and they have all the skills, abilities, and number of traits of the original regardless of the age. I made a child clone that was still able to use magic and all the spells of the original, but after saving and reloading the extra traits disappeared. Making a toddler or baby resulted in a stretched out nightmare creature that quickly vanished from the lot. The toddler I was able to call back to the lot and he looked normal, but the baby just seemed to mess up the save. I went to manage town then tried going back to the family and got an error that it couldn't load it. The toddler was actually able to cast delicioso, but not any of the other spells unlocked.

My mod also affects the duplicato spell you say? I'll have to investigate this whenever I work on the mod again because I'm spent on modding right now.
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th May 2020 at 3:23 AM
what more are you planning to add to the mod? i saw a comment like that in the description - i was just curious if i should wait, or update at a later time
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 25th May 2020 at 10:17 PM
Would be nice if, when cloning a male to female or female to male clone, if the voice changed too.
Yes, it also changes the Duplicator spell. I think such an upgrade was needed for the spell.
Love the mod! Stops me from doing edits in CAS full edit mode and playing "pretend".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Would be nice if, when cloning a male to female or female to male clone, if the voice changed too.
Yes, it also changes the Duplicator spell. I think such an upgrade was needed for the spell.
Love the mod! Stops me from doing edits in CAS full edit mode and playing "pretend".

Yes, voice changes are planned. I've been busy trying to bring translation support to the menus and now that that is working, I'll be able to investigate how voices work.
Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 5:46 PM
FYI, when I used this to create a clone of a sim with a university degree the child also had the degree. I just mention it in case you were unaware or had not tested with that pack.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SydneyB
FYI, when I used this to create a clone of a sim with a university degree the child also had the degree. I just mention it in case you were unaware or had not tested with that pack.

I would call that a feature!

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 5:27 AM
Does anyone else have a bug with the cloning thing, When I try to clone a sim it seems to ignore the settings and just clones the first sim again, IE I tried to create a teen and turned out YA as the original.
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:22 PM
Is this one of those mods that get broken by the game updates or is it safe?
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 12:19 AM
I've been having issues getting this to work. No matter what the settings are, cloning a sim runs the animation and doesn't create the clone. According to the log it says it loads up the Sim Rename Dialog but I don't see it.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 1:49 PM
Knowing this mod interferes with the Duplicatio spell holds me back from putting it in my game again. I got a mod that alters the Duplicatio clone (Zero's Expanded Duplicatio mod), and I'd rather that one didn't break. I'll stick to cas.fulleditmode for now for the cloning machine clone until (if) you can safely separate them. Good work, regardless.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RJ Sim
Is this one of those mods that get broken by the game updates or is it safe?

Script mods are often broken by game updates.
Quote: Originally posted by Teslamatic
I've been having issues getting this to work. No matter what the settings are, cloning a sim runs the animation and doesn't create the clone. According to the log it says it loads up the Sim Rename Dialog but I don't see it.

If you remove the package and the script file, you'll see the clones it made in your household and that the name has the gender you picked in the clone settings e.g. if you picked to make the clone male, it gives the sim a male name. The family relationship works too, if you set the mod to clone a child rather than sibling, they turn out as a child.
This mod isn't working anymore. I really liked the mod.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 2:44 PM
I'm not going to make any promises here but I've been working on a pretty massive update in the past month or so for Cloning Machine Overhaul. Fixing bugs, adding some more customization options to the regular cloning and a super secret new form of cloning. A few of the big bugs I've fixed is duplicato being affected by my mod; the family tree being kinda janky when clones are created; and clones not appearing immediately after being created.

So, again, I'm not making any promises as to when this will be released because I'm working on it in my spare time and the code base is massive and there are many bugs I have yet to fix.
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 10:53 PM
I've downloaded the most recent update, but I seem to be having a problem with it. When I click the option to clone a sim from a Dna sample, my sim just stands there and does nothing. When I try to actually make a clone by using a sim, the sims will stand on the machine and the machine will do it's cloning animation, but there's no clone after. And I am able to click on settings, but if I try to change the relationship or the life stage, the option simply disappears. I don't know if I just have outdate CC or if it's something else, but please help me
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:52 PM
I've just removed all of my CC and mods. The cloning machine still doesn't work right. You might need to look this over again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 7:46 PM
I have identified the problem and will issue an update shortly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 9:47 AM
Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:35 AM
Tried this mod and discovered many errors. I was trying to clone my female young adult sim into an male young adult sim as her brother, so she could have an 'twin', however what came out was a mutated version of the female. He was male, but with breasts and female genitalia and the females face, ugly. So I restarted and tried again, again the same. So I tried cloning the female as female and going into CAS through the Hybrid mod that let's you change characters appearance in CAS in-game, only to end end up unable to change enough of her to not look freaky. So I tried cloning a child male sim, only to get an exception error, black skinned, t-posed thing. And by black, I don't mean negro. So I aged him into a teen, only to get a female voice AND swollen face like he was stung, Huh? I have NO OTHER mods that change the same as this, so I don't see the problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 2:25 PM
Where can I find this in build/buy mode?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPixelPalace
Where can I find this in build/buy mode?

The cloning machine is obtained from the Get to Work scientist career, as it has always been.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nescafevh
Tried this mod and discovered many errors. I was trying to clone my female young adult sim into an male young adult sim as her brother, so she could have an 'twin', however what came out was a mutated version of the female. He was male, but with breasts and female genitalia and the females face, ugly. So I restarted and tried again, again the same. So I tried cloning the female as female and going into CAS through the Hybrid mod that let's you change characters appearance in CAS in-game, only to end end up unable to change enough of her to not look freaky. So I tried cloning a child male sim, only to get an exception error, black skinned, t-posed thing. And by black, I don't mean negro. So I aged him into a teen, only to get a female voice AND swollen face like he was stung, Huh? I have NO OTHER mods that change the same as this, so I don't see the problem.

When you create a sim of a different gender, you have to enter and then exit CAS in order for the game to load the proper body mesh.
Page 2 of 3