Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Workout costs money - Updated for Patch 1.38 - 1.67

by ani_ Posted 30th Aug 2010 at 6:37 AM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:10 AM by ani_

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 6:43 AM
Interesting Concept i will dl this later, though can you make it come in multiple flavours ? for poorer sims and those who just want to flaunt their money ?

~Innocent~EX~
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 7:01 AM
Thanks, I Like It!
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 7:09 AM
Its an interesting idea, especially with the ability to own lots like the gym now. You may have just pushed us one step closer to the old Sims 2 Open For Business expansion.
Inventor
#5 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:38 AM
Awesone .I was tired blowing up Bauns each sim week,this is perfect to keep my money down
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 9:59 AM
Mmmh expensive but sooo realistic ! LOL ! Well done
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InnocentEX
Interesting Concept i will dl this later, though can you make it come in multiple flavours ? for poorer sims and those who just want to flaunt their money ?

I was thinking about it today and it crossed my mind maybe it would be possible to link the fee to the business level. But lets see.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 2:14 PM
This is a great idea, and realistic. I'm sure everyone in the real world would love to have free gym membership, but that's ain't the case... and my sims have waaaay too much money.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 6:22 PM
Love it!!! Oh yeah I am definitely gonna dl this Now there will actually be a reason to buy exercise equipment for your home. Because why buy exercise equipment if the gym is free. well no more :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 11:22 AM
Could there be a version without charging on other sims' home lots ? Imagine you're invited somewhere just to pay money for using a friend's pool, that sounds weird
Theorist
#11 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 2:31 PM
Gyms and swimming pools should be free in real life!!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Banned
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:34 AM
isn't there only a monthly cost, and thats only around $10-20(YMCA)
even for the sims the costs are blown completely out of proportion
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 4:19 AM
Slippy, a lot of costs in the Sims game are exagerated compared to real life, especially when you consider that starting-level jobs pay...I think the lowest is $22 an hour.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flitzpiepe1001
Could there be a version without charging on other sims' home lots ? Imagine you're invited somewhere just to pay money for using a friend's pool, that sounds weird

yeaah, that makes sense. Could you make a version for community lots only?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 7:29 PM
I just sent one of my sims swimming in his friends pool, and was not charged for it. I'll check the code tomorrow to see have I missed something, but could you please tell me what exactly did you do? and a silly question to add, did you have a rabbit hole rug on the lot or not?
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 5:49 AM
I like this! But I kinda wish it was reversed. =/ You pay for your time in the gym, and you pay a set amount when you leave the pool.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 12:12 AM
This mod looks fantastic.

What would bring me to actually download it is to see it be a lot less expensive. That is almost a week's pay for some sims for just a little while at the gym. It'd be cool to have a choice. Same with the pool.
Also, just as RustyEraser has said, I'd like to see working out be charged for time spent, and the pool as a set rate (and also a little less expensive, like say 15-20).

I think it's a great idea though, and I will watch to see if there are any changes and download it if you would consider these changes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 12:58 AM
Now the game will be even more realistic!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 9:14 PM
Love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 8:56 AM
wow dude your awesome can you make a mod you add a play online game and it cost money to be charged in your bill
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 8:58 AM
p.s. GUYS IF YOU ARE WONDERING IF YOU ARE CHARGED FOR WORKING OUT ON YOUR OWN THINGS?

answere is NO!!!!!!!!! IT SUCKS IF IT DID!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:25 PM
This is a damn good idea and I completely agree with the prices, thank you Ani!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:45 PM
Hi ani_. Is this mod still works with latest patch / LN? Only this mod that doesn't have any info about LN compatibility. Thank you

Note: How is your progress about the two Serve Coffee problem? I don't mean to rush you. Take your time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:20 PM
Forgot to update this, will try to do it next weekend.
Haven't done anything with the coffee bug, it only happens when you buy a new item, the next time you load your game it will be only one interaction. It's not a critical bug that requires immediate action, but it's on my todo list, as well as another fix for the coffee mod, but now I'm working on the drunk mod.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 4:41 AM
Cool. Keep up your great work. All your mods are truly amazing, very creative. Thank you very much
Page 1 of 2