Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 4:13 PM
Default WCIF: Mod that allows more than 8 sims in household?
Is there a mod that can allow me to bypass the 8 household limit on lots? ESPECIALLY in Neighborhood view? Basically there is like a few dorms in University that allow for more than 8 sims to live there but it bugs me that I can't personally add my own Sims to the lot.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 4:20 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jun 2024 at 8:28 PM.
BO's unlimited sims: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2139

As mentioned at the end, you can add these cheats below to the "userStartup.cheat" file (numbers can be edited). This allows you to add more sims to lots via the neighborhood screen or moving in. Can be useful as a limiter, too. You can still only make the regular amount of sims in CAS.

uintProp maxTotalSims 60
uintProp maxTotalHumans 40
uintProp maxTotalPets 20

("maxTotalSims" needs to be the total of "maxTotalHumans" + "maxTotalPets")

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 40
(This one is for visiting sims - useful for either allowing more or limiting visitors. It affects things like parties, community lots and secret society members. Don't set it too high).

Don't add more sims than your computer can handle, though. Personally I rarely use more than 15-20 sims at once, and usually try to keep it at 10-12. The more you add to the lot, the more likely you'll get issues like crashes or pink-flashing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
This one: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2139

I tried this one out yesterday, but I still couldn't add more sims to an already 8 limit household. I feel that maybe I might be missing something.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 4:27 PM
I added some info above
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I added some info above

Thanks SOO SO Much!