Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] Changing Lot size after building and/or playing (Archived)

by Andi8104 Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 3:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason: Go to: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175884
363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 362 Feedback Posts
Page 11 of 15
Top Secret Researcher
#251 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 11:06 PM
Wow. Wow, wow, wow!

I've often wished that it were possible to expand a lot, but I had no idea that anyone could actually DO it. Thanks so much for this program!

Danke sehr!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 6:28 PM
I absolutely cannot make a 1 wide by 2 deep lot. It won't let me. I have seen some lots here that are...but if I un-build the houses on them, I cant make a foundation on the lot except in a very small area (I'm going for townhouse, I prefer to build my own). Any suggestions, or any empty 1x2 residential lots out there? I have tried converting a commercial to a residential and I never have been able to get it to work even though I type the cheat in correctly.
Thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#253 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:23 PM
Let me understand: you can't create a 1x2 lot at all, or the resulting lot doesn't accept foundations?
Expanding the 1x1 residential lot (which is empty) you should be able to create a functioning 1x2 lot; of course, the lot is small, and the space available for the foundations isn't large, because the entire border needs 2 tiles free, all around.
With these limitations, you should be able to build a 6x16 foundation (the entire lot is 10 by 20 tiles)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 12:48 AM
No, I cant get the program to make a 1x2...only things that come up are 2x whatever.
Mad Poster
#255 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:10 AM
odd, anyone having the same problem?

the expander doesn't work with my present os configuration, so I can't tell.
after all, I mod the lot file rather.
So, if the expander doesn't work well with you, Aurelia.
May try out modding the lot file.
Or, ask a friend to help you make the lot with this programme.

As always, use a copy of the lot to mod probably in a testing neighbourhood unless you're fully confident. good lucks...
Test Subject
#256 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:16 PM
Is it possible to go beyond the 6x5 lot size limit? like 10x9 or something (either for an existing lot or for the lot templates)
Mad Poster
#257 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:51 AM
Dylock,

Presently, it says the expander cannot do so yet.

We'll see if someone can do that in the future.
Test Subject
#258 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zach
I think Andi has left the building. If you look at his/her profile, you'll see that it has been two months since he/she has logged on.

The daughter of Andi8104 postet in german simforum.de that he has passed away.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#259 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:56 PM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Mar 2007 at 4:32 PM.
Oh my! Are you sure? I mean, it's really the same Andi8104? (Well, with a nickname like that, I guess there can't be two...).

Can you give us a link to that post at simforum.de, please?

EDIT: Never mind, I've found it: http://www.simforum.de/showthread.p...hlight=Andi8104

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#260 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rsdworker
i have a problem - i had error with lot expander - when i try expand any my houses - i get a big error

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
at LotExpander.R_3ARY.set_Width(Int32 value)
at LotExpander.LotExpander.ZuScreen4()
at LotExpander.LotExpander.WeiterButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LotExpander
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/LotExpander/LotExpander.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
simpe.package
Assembly Version: 1.0.2370.36226
Win32 Version: 1.0.2370.36226
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/LotExpander/simpe.package.DLL
simpe.interfaces
Assembly Version: 1.0.2370.36224
Win32 Version: 1.0.2370.36224
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/LotExpander/simpe.interfaces.DLL
simpe.helper
Assembly Version: 0.59.10.36224
Win32 Version: 0.59.10.36224
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/LotExpander/simpe.helper.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
simpe.clst
Assembly Version: 1.0.2370.36225
Win32 Version: 1.0.2370.36225
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/LotExpander/simpe.clst.DLL
simpe.commonhandler
Assembly Version: 1.0.2370.36224
Win32 Version: 1.0.2370.36224
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/LotExpander/simpe.commonhandler.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

what wrong?

I have this problem, too. Using Seasons. TS2 recgonizes that it's a 3x3 lot, but there's no land there. So it looks like what Incera said. I backed up the neighborhood, so there's no worry. The lot isn't in a corner or anything, so it shouldn't be a problem, should it?
Mad Poster
#261 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:44 PM
No way...! Is that why he never came back? leaving all those questions unanswered...
too bad...
Did lolli1996 register that forum just to tell this news about Andi8104...?
Mein Beileid...
Test Subject
#262 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 3:17 PM Last edited by TcHeRn0bYl : 5th Mar 2007 at 4:13 PM.
Hi all! I had the same problem of rsdworker and DanTycoon but before reading here I moved the lot into the lotcatalog.I play vith all EPs and kits but not seasons.There was a family into it.And now, I can't replace the lot in any neighborhood.What canI do to replace the lot, or extract the family of the lot? (Sorry for my bad english I'm French)
Mad Poster
#263 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 4:18 PM
Test Subject
#264 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:45 PM Last edited by TcHeRn0bYl : 6th Mar 2007 at 2:43 PM.
I tried to place the lot in OFB game but I can't.So what can I do?
Mad Poster
#265 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:02 AM
What is the game version you last played this lot and family?
And if it's already OFB, then did you have other EPs like NL and UNI as well? If so, you still need them.

Mmm, I'd try this then.
Replace a newly made lot of the same size in a testing neighbourhood with a copy of your lot file. Reload the game and see if it's accessible.
And if not, I'd try to keep that testing neighbourhood along with the lot and in another OS, in stall another copy of the TS2. Replace the custom game folder from "my document" with a copy of this back-up-ed testing neighbourhood. Then, I'd install all the patch and EPS and/or SP sequentially up to Seasons.
Let's see if the game patching can save the lot. in this way.

But if the lot fails to load in all game versions and the above suggestion I can think of right now you can try, the last resort I can think of is to mod the lot file. Unfortunately, there's no info about how to approach it yet that I know of.

Hopefully, someone may know know how and drop in a solution.
Test Subject
#266 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:36 AM
Oh what terrible news. I'm so sad to hear Andi has passed. And to think I was checking to see if there was going to be an update that would make it compatible with Seasons. Its not recognizing the new neighborhood that came with the EP and I think that is why its not able to properly resize my lots anymore.

What a shame. Andi's contributions will definitely be missed
Mad Poster
#267 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 12:07 PM
Andi's lot expander should still work in OFB or lower at least, so users can make their lots with Numenor's BGS and then probably upgrade the lot with the neighbourhood by installing newer EP or SP in a game copy probably in a new OS copy.
Yeah, it sucks for now until someone picks up his work.

In the above post I made, I was trying to take advantage of the fact that installation of an EP or SP may patch the used lot files. So, hopefully, the lots may be saved. But, this method is unproven yet.
Test Subject
#268 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:17 PM
I'm playing with pets at the max and I have the others EPs and kits before.I'm going to try this and I tell you what are the results. (Maybe tomorrow because I'm going to my friends ^^)
Test Subject
#269 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:26 AM
I finally find this wonderful tool, arriving in the hopes of asking questions only to learn such terrible news. I hope his family is holding out ok.

Hopefully someone else will continue this work. It is a great idea I have not yet seen duplicated. I assume that it has to be updated as newer EPs are installed.

This tool sounded fantastic and is something I (like many) have wanted for some time!

I suppose despite the circumstances, I should still ask my questions since many of you have used the tool and can still help.

1) Assuming I am NOT using the "over the read" feature (not exactly sure if that means what I think it means, but anyway...), if I build a house on a lot and the later expand the lot with this tool, will I still be able to package and share the expanded lot or could this crash the game of the person who downloaded my lot?

2) What will happen if I make a lot smaller than it was previously and there were objects in the area that is no longer part of the lot? Do they remain? Will doing this crash the game when entering the lot?

Thanks for the help.

Best regards to his family!
Mad Poster
#270 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 2:21 PM
Sims Mod Lover,

better use a game version around OFB or lower to expand a lot coz it's not updated for Pets or Seasons.
May use Numnor's BGS to start earlier game versions.

a reply to 2.,
presently, a lot can't be shrinked by the lot expander. Presumably, that can only be done by modding the lot files manually... Andi was to add this feature to the lot expander but now he has gone.

Shrinking a lot is much more difficult than expanding a lot. Your questions can already show some of the issues.

I'm unsure about 1., too. sorry...
Test Subject
#271 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 5:33 AM
Thanks niol.... that's about as good of an answer as I was expecting to receive under the circumstances.

What is "Numnor's BGS"? I don't visit this forum very often.
Mad Poster
#272 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 6:11 AM
Test Subject
#273 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:26 AM
Ok Sorry been a while I finally found my Updated Code I had done I will look at the code again here soon and see if I can get it to work with Seasons.

Trying to Compile it into a exe but need to Install SimPE will do whats needed and Upload it in a few
Test Subject
#274 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:38 AM
Ok Can not get it to Compile will try and look at it later may be a vista Problem.

But for now here is the last code I updated, will run inside C# with No Problems just gives Errors when Compiling.

Used Visual Studio 2005 C# .net Framework 2.0
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Updated Source.rar (583.4 KB, 32 downloads)
Test Subject
#275 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:42 AM
Ok found the Problem had the source on my External and it caused Problem Source must be on the Same Drive as SimPE Here is the updated .exe now
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Release.rar (419.6 KB, 30 downloads)
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15