Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] Changing Lot size after building and/or playing (Archived)

by Andi8104 Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 3:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason: Go to: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175884
363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 362 Feedback Posts
Page 13 of 15
Test Subject
#301 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:40 AM
a few posts up andi8104's daughter (lolli1996) posted on the german forum in the SimPE thread that he has died.
http://www.simforum.de/showthread.p...hlight=andi8104

Will brush up on my german and post something later.
Mad Poster
#302 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 8:31 AM Last edited by niol : 17th Mar 2007 at 8:53 AM.
TheCoffeeBear and corapntr,

May read post 258 and 259

Yeah, it's a loss to those of us who are concerned...
Test Subject
#303 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 5:01 PM
Hi!I bought seasons and I will install it.I will see if the lot can be placed in this EP.But if it don't, i will try your solution, Niol!
Mad Poster
#304 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 5:54 PM
TcHeRn0bYl,

Good lucks & bonne chance...
That's a suggestion and an unproven solution... So, do it with a copy of the family of sims files in a testing neighbourhood for the goodness when necessary...
Test Subject
#305 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 10:20 PM
X.X Excuse me, I need some help.I think I messed up something.

I downloaded the Sims 2 Lot Expander for my game to expand some of my small lots in a custom neighborhood of mine. When I got it loaded,I tried it on one of my houses and there was an error after I clicked ok.(I didnt cpoy that error and dont want to do it again in case it messes up more).It's options were continue and quit.I chose continue and nothing happened,so I X'd out.
Then I tried it one more time.Same thing.I tried some other lots in the neighborhood(2) and the same thing happened.So I tried a community lot over there,it worked.And I tried 2 on Pleasantview,and they worked aswell.
So,since it didnt work,I decided to just go play my lot.
When I got there,the first lot I tried looked like thisNot what I expected)

I panicked and went inside the lot,which plays normally except that if you go to the left or front,there's just a big blue gap(which when you zoom there,your camera falls below the house.The other two were like this aswell but the community lot was fine.

[I expected it to increase the size of the lot backwards a bit and to the side-As you see,thats not the case]

I want to know if there's ANY way to fix this
It's my first legacy family that I've been playing for a while now and already have three generations.I'm pretty sure if I move them out and delete the lot,then make a new one,I could fix the problem,but then my reward objects would be gone,as well as my house(which was going to be part of my story-line)I would absolutely HATE to do that -__-.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mad Poster
#307 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 3:08 AM Last edited by niol : 28th Mar 2007 at 10:55 AM.
Shuriken_Thrower

People are always suggested and encouraged to test the programme first in a testing neighbourhood for their goodness, especially for the first time. This programme is currently suitable to TS2 up to OFB. It's better to be prepared than sorry.

But, I think your description can be very helpful on knowing the differences between Seasons and OFB lots for this particular aspect...

and if you don't mind posting out your neighbourhood file ????_Neighborhood.package @ the folder "...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods" and the lot file @ "...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\????\Lots" to see if anyone may be able to fix it. (there's no guarantee it can be fixed but lol just a little hope...)
Test Subject
#308 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 4:01 AM Last edited by Shuriken_Thrower : 19th Mar 2007 at 4:06 AM. Reason: Not thinking
Ah,thanks for the reply Niol.I guess I was really exited about being finnally able to change my lot size and wasn't thinking.That was rather stupid of me X-{

Do you want what the Neighborhood package is called?If so N005_Neighborhood(or if theres anyway to upload it X.X)

Anyway, the lot file is C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N005

Though,if I post it,no one can actually view it,so is there something else I'm missing XD
(sorry for all the trouble)

Edit-X.X I finnally get what you meant,to upload the package file(I dont really know how to do that XD)
Mad Poster
#309 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 6:39 AM
Shuriken_Thrower,

To attach something here,

just move past the "reply to thread" section to the "Additional Options" -> the part "Attach Files" -> click on the "Manage Attachments" button -> a pop-up will appear where the upload utilities are there...
Test Subject
#310 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 10:30 PM
Thank-you for the help,but everytime I click on it,it says "The page cannot be displayed".
I'm sorry for all the trouble
Mad Poster
#311 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 2:55 AM
Test Subject
#312 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:14 AM
Ok,the attachments work now,and I'm sorry,I have one more question :/.How do you know which lot file belongs to which house.I remember in Sims 1,all you had to do was hover over the lot but it's different here.
Sorry X.X
Mad Poster
#313 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 11:55 AM
By checking out the modified date of the lot file... Well, I assume you may remember the last time when you saved the file...

But if you couldn't, you can open the lot files in question (around that approximate time) in simpe, browse around the jpeg files, and you'll some exchange-like graphics... yeah, that's how a lot file gets so big even without too many CC...! :D
Test Subject
#314 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 6:04 PM
hello,
i just downloaded the 1.2.2 LE and it doesnt seem to be picking up any of my neighbourhoods bar the G001.. anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix it? thanks for help =]
Test Subject
#316 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 5:24 PM
TheCoffeeBear.... i would say that is too much of a coinsidence

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Oh my! Are you sure? I mean, it's really the same Andi8104? (Well, with a nickname like that, I guess there can't be two...).

Can you give us a link to that post at simforum.de, please?

EDIT: Never mind, I've found it: http://www.simforum.de/showthread.p...hlight=Andi8104
Lab Assistant
#317 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by South
hello,
i just downloaded the 1.2.2 LE and it doesnt seem to be picking up any of my neighbourhoods bar the G001.. anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix it? thanks for help =]

I am having the same trouble. I looked through the C# source, and while my skill with C# is enough to tell what it is doing to a point, my knowledge of C# and German (or Dutch not sure which) is not good enough to read it well or fix it. It seems to only be looking at Seasons neighborhoods even with the checkbox unchecked. Since I don't have Seasons at all this makes the program useless.
Mad Poster
#318 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:27 PM Last edited by niol : 8th Apr 2007 at 10:03 PM.
Notice:

For those who only want to change the lot sizes.
Before a stable update release, may use the a game version down to the base game and probably up to OFB with version 1.2.1 for regular usages.

For those who want to help test, update, develop or improve the lot expander may join research on the 1.2.2 or make up newer versions... for Pets, Seasons and/or even stick around for future EP(s).

A link to a related thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=151654
Test Subject
#319 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 4:19 AM
Please i need help to. i have the same problem as Shuriken_Thrower. Anyone knowa how to fix it? i have the seasons and i love my family simplant. snif.....
Test Subject
#320 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 4:54 PM
Sorry for never replying back,I've been really busy.(We just had exams last week)
But I just decided to re-build the houses so their ok now.
Thanks for all the help ^^
Mad Poster
#321 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:06 AM
kikabh,

lol, just save a copy of the neighbourhood including the neighbourhood files...
Wait...!
yeah, until SimPE for SS is out, then you may try to use the neighbourhood plugin to move your sims family out to another working neighbourhood.

As for the lot, it still takes more research before a working method is out.

Shuriken_Thrower,
Sorry for not much of a help and being too slow ...
Test Subject
#322 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 4:52 AM
Hi, sorry it this is going to sound really dumb but I'm not very good with comps and with downloads I'm trying though reading alot and asking questions, someone very smart once told me that the only question that is dumb is the ones that are not asked so, I hope you agree with that cause what I dont understand is that do I need to build my house first then expand it and from where does the program pop up at? I mean is it in the game itself? or do I have to leave the game to find it? also, it said that when I did this the house would dissappear from the lot gosh i think I spelled disappear wrong, oh well, anyway if I got this right I first built the house then I expand it then I do some stuctual work to it then leave the neighborhood, then come back and will my house be in the lot or do I have to go to the house bin to get it back? also you have the mini is that the same as having the one that is 6x6? I don't want to download the wrong one I want my houses bigger or rather the lots so I can make my houses bigger, I'm so sorry for all these questions that for you all probably sound so dumb but I really like this program and I want to say that it is a great thing you did and thank you for it ahead of time and if it is not too much trouble to please hlep me with these questions, oh and also, will it cause a conflict if I do have Simpe? thank you again so much
Jessica
Mad Poster
#323 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 7:31 AM
salemgrace/ Jessica,

1. you haven't to build a lot or a house in the lot before you expand the lot.
2. This programme is to let people to increase lot size up to 60x60 (5x6), and with lot templates like 1x1 and others, one can create varied lot sizes.
3. Some people use it to create special lots like these http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...04&postcount=67 and http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...54&postcount=85 and http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...43&postcount=97
4. IMPORTANT WARNING: make an experimental neighbourhood or even a whole new custom folder for your own experiments on how to use this tool and how well it works on a given game before any actual application, or one will be sorry for one's own fault when problems happen coz one has been told.
5. Try to use the version 1.2.1 along with up to OFB probably by means of Numenor's BGS (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107015) for lot expansion.
6. THe version 1.2.2 is still experimental.

7. May ask more questions n, I'll try to answer for those I can.
Test Subject
#324 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 5:38 PM
Mine is comin up with it needing another program to run. I don't know if i have misread the post, but do i need any other programs?
Mad Poster
#325 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 6:28 PM
Evil_Dave,

No, it says it used to need , but now it can stand alone to work due to quaxi's offer of one of the dll files.
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15