13 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29226 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
Ok, I have a new stupid question. What the heck is this popup?? It keeps showing up at random times, maybe once or twice a day, in one particular household. The sims are just living their lives and not doing anything in particular -- it happened while skilling charisma, while hanging out, and while sleeping. I checked their inventories, and they certainly have not acquired any colored glass, so it's merely a cosmetic annoyance at the moment, but it's very odd.

I mean I'm sure it's probably some weird random glitch, but I don't recognize this text string, so what I'm asking is when SHOULD this happen normally? That might help me narrow down if I have a mod or something that could be causing it.

You get that pop-up when you send your sims to the beach to look in the sand. Coloured glass in a bowl is one of the items. If your sims are simply sitting and skilling you have something odd going on, probably with a mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Inventor
#29227 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, but you can't do anything about it until you get them to CAS.

@Peni Griffin: do you know if the jewelry also visible when I pack them into Sims2Pack files? (I want to find out which meshes are used for the jewelry)
Mad Poster
#29228 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 4:55 PM
It's visible on the sim but I don't know if it's visible in Clean Installer. Never tried. I suggest you try it and find out.
I think you're a lot more likely to find the mesh if you open the package file for the jewelry in SimPE, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#29229 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 6:43 PM
I don't think jewellery meshes package with Bodyshop, I know accessory meshes certainly don't.
ETA: But it will package the recolour, which should help you find the original download. Although if you use Cat's tooltip adder and run it on your jewellery recolours, you can just turn boolprop on and hover over it in CAS to find the name without having to extract and package the whole sim.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You can't extract a CC mesh from a recolor - you have to do that manually, and the mesh has to be available somewhere on your computer.

Drat. I suspected as much, but still sad to know. Well, I managed to find them in Meshes12 and deleted everything else, so now I have a much smaller bundle of just those meshes. I'll probably separate them out further once I'm done tracking down the rest of my missing ones.
Forum Resident
#29230 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 6:45 PM
I had to redownload scriptorium at https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=192613 in order to get gunmod's lighting mod 2.4 and in addition it came with SimPE settings manager, lot compressor, lot adjuster, hood replace, and hood checker. The last time I got scriptorium it didn't have all that in it. Was that link recently updated?
Inventor
#29231 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I don't think jewellery meshes package with Bodyshop, I know accessory meshes certainly don't.
ETA: But it will package the recolour, which should help you find the original download. Although if you use Cat's tooltip adder and run it on your jewellery recolours, you can just turn boolprop on and hover over it in CAS to find the name without having to extract and package the whole sim.

Drat. I suspected as much, but still sad to know. Well, I managed to find them in Meshes12 and deleted everything else, so now I have a much smaller bundle of just those meshes. I'll probably separate them out further once I'm done tracking down the rest of my missing ones.

@Sushigal007 I know where I can find the recolor, but I cannot find out which mesh it uses, while it's somewhere on my computer.
Mad Poster
#29232 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@Sushigal007 I know where I can find the recolor, but I cannot find out which mesh it uses, while it's somewhere on my computer.

You can find meshes in your downloads that seem like they could be the right ones, do a 50/50 search to confirm one of them make the recolor show up, and to be 100% sure you can compare the numbers like so:
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...postcount=29215

It's what I do when trying to figure out which meshes go with which hairs/clothes in my old downloads, anyway. Started out with a few hundred I didn't have a clue about, and I think I'm down to less than 10 clothing files without meshes (I've had several that didn't show up, so it's nice to be able to chuck out some of them).
Mad Poster
#29233 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 2:52 PM
Yeah, knowing the name of the recolour file only really helps if the name (or tooltip) is a sensible one. Like, looking at some of my files, I know I could track down the mesh for XRS-Club-Eyepatch-1-3t2-PurpleandBlack pretty easily. d386f153_flowers on the other hand? Not so much. But as you have the mesh on your computer, that does help, so if the mesh doesn't package with the sim, you should still be able to find it relatively quickly with a 50/50 scan.
Lab Assistant
#29234 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 3:04 PM
Could also try taking all the recolors out and then running a scan for orphan meshes (wardrobe wrangler does this I believe).
Mad Poster
#29235 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I had to redownload scriptorium at https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=192613 in order to get gunmod's lighting mod 2.4 and in addition it came with SimPE settings manager, lot compressor, lot adjuster, hood replace, and hood checker. The last time I got scriptorium it didn't have all that in it. Was that link recently updated?

No. those things are not included with the Scriptorium (as DLd here on MTS).

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#29236 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 5:46 PM
Does anyone know what causes a ghost to get angry and show the Family aspiration icon in their thought bubble. I thought that would be the sim's aspiration when they were alive, but Olive Specter's ghost keeps showing up looking mad about family even though she was a Knowledge sim / Fortune secondary (who died in platinum of old age and got her shiny gold grave, so I can't see what reason she has to be mad about anything).

( ETA: also thanks for replies about the beachcombing popup, I guess it's been so long since I sent a sim to comb for seashells on the beach that I did not remember that text string. I pulled the few beach related things I had out of my downloads folder on assumption they were the most likely culprits and so far haven't seen any more colored glass spam but we'll see, who knows with this game.)
Mad Poster
#29237 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 6:40 PM
A neighborhood reset will result in the members of each household being awake with their motives green except for bladder, as if they had just moved in. This happens when a new XP or major mod is added. Creators should mention that the mod causes a reset in the description, but "Should" is one thing, "does" is another! Mods that do this include things like the Visitor Controller and ACR,

Then that's odd, because I have household's reset if I haven't played the lot in a long time, even though I have not added a major mod.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#29238 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
Could also try taking all the recolors out and then running a scan for orphan meshes (wardrobe wrangler does this I believe).

@sushigal007

@baticeer thanks for the suggestion. While the screen interface is a pain (I cannot resize it nor sort it by name), I managed to find the strings that belong to the recolors (I put the recolors in a separate folder for scanning). When taking a look in SimPE, it looks like the mesh wasn't renamed properly. When filtering on "accessorymesh" in Delphy's Download Organiser, I couldn't find back that name in the Title column.

The reason why I want to find the mesh is to fix the blue-flashing effect.
Screenshots
Instructor
#29239 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 6:12 PM
Can somebody help me not think OMSPs are scary? They seem incredibly handy but for some strange reason I've always been scared to try them.
Mad Poster
#29240 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:01 PM
What are you afraid will happen? What's the very worst thing that could happen messing around with an OMSP?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#29241 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Can somebody help me not think OMSPs are scary? They seem incredibly handy but for some strange reason I've always been scared to try them.

They are just a table essentially. That shifts if you get the set by silent lucidity. Nothing really fancy or anything to be afraid of. I think the shear amount of them in the set is intimidating to see in the catalog though.
Mad Poster
#29242 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:35 PM
OMSPs are invisible, shiftable tables (shelves?), and putting objects on them is perfectly safe (and very fun for decoration purposes). The only thing that can happen with Silentlucidity's OMSPs is that they (or the items you place on them) can end up blocking areas, so keep in mind where you place them - but that's true for all OMSPs.

Using OMSPs to put sims on - if you take pictures of sims and there are children and younger on the lot, if you freeze sims with the Freezer Clock, make sure you leave one sim teen or older unfrozen and off an OMSP as a safety measure, as the game has a few minor issues with the sim when they're on an OMSP, and doesn't register them as "there" when frozen. Could be an idea to use a NoSocialWorker mod.

Other than that, SL's OMSPs are safe to put sims on, unlike some other OMSPs (don't put sims on the Magisplay tray that comes with OFB - you can end up losing sims that way - I had an accident a long time ago, never figured out how to get that sim back...)
Top Secret Researcher
#29243 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 9:47 PM
What are you afraid will happen? What's the very worst thing that could happen messing around with an OMSP?

The worst thing is an invisible OMSP disappearing underground or anywhere you can't get to it... But in that case pescado's nuclear box could probably help. (The yellow one with a nuclear sign, don't remember the name.)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Alchemist
#29244 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 4:10 AM
Stuck Object Remover?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#29245 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 5:30 AM
It doesn't seem flexible enough by not offering a selection of objects to delete, and requiring that you know the exact tile as opposed to a range around it.
Mad Poster
#29246 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
The worst thing is an invisible OMSP disappearing underground or anywhere you can't get to it... But in that case pescado's nuclear box could probably help. (The yellow one with a nuclear sign, don't remember the name.)

To find an invisible OMSP you're not sure where went, pick a "small" object in buy mode (one that goes on any shelf/table), hover it around the area without placing, and if it jumps to somewhere instead of following your pointer, that's most likely the location of the OMSP (it will occasionally jump to the same tile as lamps and some other random non-OMSP items, but if you know there's a rogue OMSP somewhere, that's most likely the one, if you are able to pick it up by the edge or recolor it). May not work in all situations, but can be useful.
Lab Assistant
#29247 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 3:10 PM
If you know the OMSP is somewhere on the lot but not where, I guess you could also use the batbox to force errors on all objects on the lot, (and then delete it when it pops up) although that would be a little tedious because it will obviously run through every single thing.
But also theres no real harm in having one little invisible thing stuck underground, right?

Anyways I also used to be a little bit scared of OMSPs but they're very useful for decorating! If you look at the room and think "if this were real life I could squeeze that in there, but in the game it won't fit" then that's when I pull out the OMSP. I like how much stuff I can cram onto desks, in particular.
Forum Resident
#29248 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
They are just a table essentially. That shifts if you get the set by silent lucidity. Nothing really fancy or anything to be afraid of. I think the shear amount of them in the set is intimidating to see in the catalog though.

Well yes, I've had them for years and I think I'm going to delete them because I don't use them. I guess I downloaded them out of nostalgia having used them over a decade ago to take photos for stories... But my game today is very different. Basically I focus on playing .XD
Field Researcher
#29249 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 5:15 PM
I've used this OMSP controller to help locate OMSPs. It doesn't work for all of them but it's very helpful. https://modthesims.info/d/324383/omsp-controller.html
Lab Assistant
#29250 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Well yes, I've had them for years and I think I'm going to delete them because I don't use them. I guess I downloaded them out of nostalgia having used them over a decade ago to take photos for stories... But my game today is very different. Basically I focus on playing .XD

Well, they are useful for people who focus on playing, too! Like making more space on the same tile to fit more things in a small room. Here's a picture of what I have figured out I like to do on desks; see my teens can fit a lamp and a phone on this one-tile desk along with homework. (And yes, he can interact with all the objects just fine, so long as the tile to the left of the desk is free.)
And I also use the loveseat for beds OMSP by Honeywell to let my Sims sit & make out on their beds (and woohoo in single beds, with ACR's sofa woohoo).
And I don't know, maybe to you fitting a bunch of stuff into your Sims' house where it normally wouldn't is too cheaty for playing but to me, as long as the mesh physically fits -- well that would work if this were real life, so it's fine for my game!
Screenshots
Page 1170 of 1339