Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 7:29 PM
Default Blind Accessibility mod concept
So, I posted this in the discord, and so I shall repost here.
Right. So, I'm thinking of undertaking/help undertaking a project. You see, I'm blind, and while I used to play the sims, alas I don't have the setup, nor do I think the eyesight I used to. Either way, I want to add screen reader support to the UI elements at least. Maybe expand accessibility features. I'm not sure what exactly will need doing on that front yet. I know the necessary DLLs for windows support of subject, but I'm sorely lacking in experience on most fronts for implementation. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 4:15 PM
Bumping this to come back to later when I have more time, would be pretty useful to me, too, especially if it's togglable (press key to enable reader). It's not quite identical but there's a mod for Skyrim that does a similar thing:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspe...tion/mods/58468

It's kinda complex but it could provide some insight.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SonyaYU
Bumping this to come back to later when I have more time, would be pretty useful to me, too, especially if it's togglable (press key to enable reader). It's not quite identical but there's a mod for Skyrim that does a similar thing:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspe...tion/mods/58468

It's kinda complex but it could provide some insight.

Hmm. Due to the fact that the entire modding kit appears to be DLLs, I was thinking about just using libraries for windows screen reader support. Then again, an internal TTS would require less concern about platform dependencies. Probably a stupid question, but does any of the modding api work outside of windows?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 11:35 PM
As much as I love the idea, I have my doubts that it can be done. We can't import DLLs other than our own Sims3 mod file.

I would love to be proved wrong.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical