Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Level Numbers Added to Job Titles

by Phaenoh Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 4:02 AM - Updated 28th May 2017 at 4:26 PM by Phaenoh

125 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 4:26 PM
So I've got requests for Dutch (lvl), Swedish and Norwegian (nivå), and Russian (yp). I'd also like to do French, German, and Spanish. Can anyone help me with those words? (Fluent speakers only please; I can google translate just as well as anyone, but I want the appropriate word though) If anyone else wants their language, please pipe up now. I'd love to do your language but I really only want to do one update on this.
Banned
THANKS POST
#27 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 4:41 PM
Very helpful TH4NX
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#28 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 5:29 PM
Oh, this is so awesome. Since I only allow a certain number of people into certain career levels, I made a huge-ass list of them to reference so that I know when to stop allowing Sims to skill and make friends. Now I can chuck that list. One less text file cluttering up my hard drive!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 2:19 AM
Awesome idea! Thank yoy very much!!

I'm Spanish and it would be great to have it translated. The word is "nivel" and the abbreviation "nvl".
Thank you for your work!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 5:27 PM
I wouldn't mind the swedish one, as i play in swedish. Otherwise i would test this, just don't want my careers all of a sudden after many years of playing in english.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 8:44 PM
Really nice, but I'd like to get them in Brazilian Portuguese.
The word for "level" here is "nível", abbreviated as "nvl". But usually, in games, we just tend to use "LVL", since we "borrow" a lot of words from English =3.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 9:27 PM
I play polish version and I know many polish people are here, so it may be useful. It is quite popular to call "level" as "level" in polish like in english, and the short form is just "lvl".
Scholar
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 11:10 PM
I always used to check the "Careers..." menu on TwoJeffs' SimBlender to find out at which job level my sims were. But this should make everything a lot easier for sure!

Thanks, Phaenoh!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 1:27 PM
German word is Level too.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:35 PM
PHAE! Thank you for being so amazing, just sayin.
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:20 PM
For French the word for level is "niveau". There are no real abreviation really, but I suppose if you want to use a three-letter one , you could use "nvu". "nv" could be good too.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:03 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 27th Mar 2011 at 5:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
You wouldn't think so except for the fact that there are close to 25 different careers that each need 20 strings edited (male and female are different) and another 25 that need about 10 edits each (short teen/elder/pet tracks) so that's actually 750 edits. It's easy enough, but its busy work. On top of that there are 20 different languages I could translate it into, making that 15,000 edits. That's why I'm waiting to hear which languages would actually be used, if I have people wanting their language I'm happy to oblige, but how many MTS users use Traditional Chinese or Hindi?

I have already made quite some careers and I know a bit about how to translate them. When I want a translation, I just need to import the languagefile (notepad .txt) and it's done.
Do you need to translate the descriptions too? Otherwise you can tell me how to translate it in SimPE (I mean do I have to change it in this downloadmod or do I have to do it otherwise) and maybe I can help you with it. I can find the translationword of Level by translations.google. I don't mind doing that work.

Does this also work for custom careers?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:38 PM
Thank you for your offer! I don't need to translate the entire career, just adding the word Level and a number to the end of the description. Also, I'm a little wary of using google translate on single words, its entirely possible to get them out of context, for instance, Level can mean a rank but it can also mean to flatten. I'd be willing to bet those are different words in different languages and I need to make sure to use the right one. That's why I'm relying on real people who actually know their language well.

If you are willing to help with some of the typing I'd gladly take you up on that; its busy work and I've gotten swamped with other real life things right now so I just don't have the time to get this done. I can send you the master file to work from and explain it to you all in a PM if you are willing.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:24 PM
In Danish it's just 'level' or 'niveau' - We also borrow a lot from other languages ;D

actually, the name is camille & this username is very, very old
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:22 PM
Thank you for your offer! I don't need to translate the entire career, just adding the word Level and a number to the end of the description. Also, I'm a little wary of using google translate on single words, its entirely possible to get them out of context, for instance, Level can mean a rank but it can also mean to flatten. I'd be willing to bet those are different words in different languages and I need to make sure to use the right one. That's why I'm relying on real people who actually know their language well.

If you are willing to help with some of the typing I'd gladly take you up on that; its busy work and I've gotten swamped with other real life things right now so I just don't have the time to get this done. I can send you the master file to work from and explain it to you all in a PM if you are willing.

Yeah, you may send me a PM. I'd love to help!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 2:26 PM Last edited by Galupy : 30th Mar 2011 at 3:45 PM.
Edit: It was already said

Could you make a Dutch version?
The Dutch word for level is actually "level", so :')
The same in abbreviation as the english one.
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stragon2008
For French the word for level is "niveau". There are no real abreviation really, but I suppose if you want to use a three-letter one , you could use "nvu". "nv" could be good too.

I strongly advise "Niv.", Nv is less frequent on other hand.
"Nvu" looks utterly weird... I've never read such spelling.

Don't forget the order of the word too :

For example, 10 Niv. would be wrong. Niv. 10 is correct.

Niv. 1

Niv. 2

Niv. 3

...and so on
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 11:20 PM
I didn't even know I wanted this until I saw it.
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:37 PM Last edited by jedi93 : 27th Apr 2011 at 11:24 AM.

I can help you too.
I could also make the whole work for German translation if I knew what files I have to edit...

So send me a PM if you like...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:49 PM
I would gladly download this in danish. It would still just be "lvl whatever-number", but even though I prefer english in most cases, it's just to uhm... "unorganized", if the job openings are in english when the rest is danish. (I'm such a perfectionist).

I'll keep this page in my favorites, thank you ^_^
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 7th May 2011 at 9:35 PM
I currently did the German and Polish version. I'm still working on the Danish one, but I hope to finish it this weekend. I hope you can update this mod already for those languages that are finished when I sent you the file.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 8th May 2011 at 4:16 PM
this is a big help thanks its easy to keep track of there job like in sims 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 18th May 2011 at 7:28 AM
I've had this in my game for awhile now and I love it. One of those, 'why didn't someone do this before?' ideas. Great!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th May 2011 at 9:50 PM
Hey everybody! Lientebollemeis and I finished doing the translations! Redownload and enjoy!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:05 AM
Thank you!
Page 2 of 6