Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dresscode by Consort

by Consort Posted 23rd May 2012 at 6:52 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2013 at 3:55 AM by Consort

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd May 2012 at 7:30 PM
Thank you so much, this will relieve much frustration from sims showing up in their hideous career outfits!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:23 PM
This is awesome. I rarely comment on things I download, but I felt the need to do so with this. It will save me a lot of annoying clicking to configure my sims' attire. Thanks very much! A great script mod!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:24 PM
This I like.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:38 PM
Thank you - this is an awesome idea
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:42 PM
This is amazing, so handy. In Sims 2 I used Inge's sign, I'm really happy to finally see this mod now for sims 3!

I have some really stupid questions:
* If I put this sign outside on a lawn without fence will it affect all the sims in the hood?
* What happens if I contradict a lot's dresscode with it? Will customers change their clothing a second time when entering, say, the hall containing a different dresscode? (First time being when they enter the lot, like the classy club one). What if I put the sign outside on a wall near the entrance?
* Does the naked option triggers the sensor mosaic? That would be really funny
* Will the sims react to each other being naked? In other words, will they all either freak out or point and laugh?
* Will it make the game lag if I make a 10 rooms lot, each room with a sign with different dresscode and the lot is filled with a lot of sims? i.e. Do I have to use it sparingly?
* Why did you hide the sign in that category? Mind you, I don't care since I can change it myself, it's just curiosity. My guess is that buy/debug is already overcrowded lol.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:50 PM
That's incredibly useful! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:50 PM
Interesting mod Is it compatible with NRaas Mods?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd May 2012 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Consort : 23rd May 2012 at 9:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
* If I put this sign outside on a lawn without fence will it affect all the sims in the hood?
* What happens if I contradict a lot's dresscode with it? Will customers change their clothing a second time when entering, say, the hall containing a different dresscode? (First time being when they enter the lot, like the classy club one). What if I put the sign outside on a wall near the entrance?
* Does the naked option triggers the sensor mosaic? That would be really funny
* Will the sims react to each other being naked? In other words, will they all either freak out or point and laugh?
* Will it make the game lag if I make a 10 rooms lot, each room with a sign with different dresscode and the lot is filled with a lot of sims? i.e. Do I have to use it sparingly?
* Why did you hide the sign in that category? Mind you, I don't care since I can change it myself, it's just curiosity. My guess is that buy/debug is already overcrowded lol.

-When placed outside, the sign affects the outside of the lot it's placed on. That's basically the space where build mode allows you to build stuff.
-I wouldn't suggest putting more than one sign per room (that would be "contradicting"). Everything else works.
-Yup. Lots of pixellated sims
-Try it But no, not really. I had one Sim with a negative moodlet "from having clothes hidden", thats all I have witnessed.
-Yes, changing lots of outfits takes computing power. I tested with 12 signs in busy community lots. The game never stopped or stuttered but the status bars at the bottom updated a wee bit slower than usual, at least in fast forward mode. I have a 2 core 2.6 Ghz CPU.
-I couldnt work out how to make other objects available under water in the pool, thats why
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd May 2012 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willowleaf
Interesting mod Is it compatible with NRaas Mods?

Yup. I'm using most of the Nraas stuff, no conflicts are known of.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd May 2012 at 9:57 PM
Great mod! I was looking for so long for something like this.. I gave up already and today i discovered this here :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:10 PM
This is a great and very useful idea, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
-Yup. Lots of pixellated sims
-Try it But no, not really. I had one Sim with a negative moodlet "from having clothes hidden", thats all I have witnessed.
That's too funny! I already have silly ideas for community lots, nudist camping being one of them! Too bad swimming in the beach isn't possible yet, nudist beach will have to wait.

No contracting signs, okay. Use sparingly, noted. And lol for the last question, didn't expect that.
BTW I forgot one thing: Thank you, this is totally awesome! Thanks for the answers too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:37 PM
ME GUSTA!!

This is great. Now when I call my sims back from annoyingly/autonomously playing in the sprinkler, they won't be eating cereal in their bathing suits.

I WUV YOU!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd May 2012 at 11:05 PM
Just placed a opera house (using Jynx's custom RH rug for theater) and was bumming because I wanted my lazy Sims to dress for the occasion. I mean, they're a bunch of Rednecks, (my town's leading family is based on the "Duck Dynasty" show), but still...
This is perfect! Thank you! All of their wives say, "Thank you too!"
Now, gotta to go make that nudist camp out in the swamp. Can hear my town sheriff now, "Damn hippies!"
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd May 2012 at 11:06 PM
Ooooh. *.*
Thank you so much. Now my stupid sims won't go tend to and ride their horses in the morning in their underwear. xD
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd May 2012 at 11:17 PM
This will be perfect together with Inge's ''new'' doors
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd May 2012 at 11:33 PM
Good job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd May 2012 at 11:40 PM
Wonderful!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd May 2012 at 11:49 PM
Excellent, suits are a must for posh parties, thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th May 2012 at 1:19 AM
awesome mod!! i am really glad you made this. been looking for something like this since sims2! Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th May 2012 at 1:28 AM
could you add the towels outfits, its perfetc for a spa
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th May 2012 at 2:01 AM Last edited by Consort : 24th May 2012 at 2:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by symcrap
could you add the towels outfits, its perfetc for a spa

I might not have the EP that brings the towel outfit, so I don't konw how they work.

This is the menu you could theoretically choose from:

Athletic
Bridle
Career
ChildImagination
Everyday
FireFighting
Formalwear
Jumping
Makeover
MartialArts
Massage
Naked
None
Racing
Singed
SkinnyDippingTowel
Sleepwear
Special
Swimwear

It appears not all of them apply to humans.

Some just dont work. I tried "singed" but nobody got burnt Seems this outfit gets custom made while the accident occurs.

But basically... Yea it's not difficult to extend the mod's menu of choices. It's another question if the categories work by just enforcing them. Forcing a Sim to crate let's say a singed outfit should be possible code-wise, but it would take time for me to work that out and your CPU might be extra busy...

I thought this mod was universal enough, but you guys spontaneously come up with new ideas how to use it. Ideas I would never have thought of you're all epic!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th May 2012 at 2:56 AM
This idea is great. I love it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:04 AM
This is awesome! This is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 8