Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Deprecated! See description for info)Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97

by simmythesim Posted 8th Jul 2015 at 4:45 AM - Updated 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:02 PM by simmythesim

491 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 289 Feedback Posts, 201 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 20
Field Researcher
#126 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:52 PM
For what it's worth, I've been testing various iterations (about to try 1.5 as I think 1.2 is my most recent one) and it sometimes seems to take a while for all the teens to show up as shorter. I think it just needs patience -- maybe each one needs to respawn, or leave the geographic area and then return, or something like that. But I'm excited to try out version 1.5 and will report back if I notice anything different.

What I'm doing is running the hotel mod, with a playable young adult and teenager. Since lots of toons come and go with this arrangement, it turns out to be a good way to test mods like this one.

Thanks again to OP for all the hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#127 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:58 PM
Wow amazing mod! Finally shorter teens in my game! Can you make a version of the mod with this part only (without the slider)? (as you have done with the height slider)

Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:55 PM
Wow, thank you!

Would it be possible to tie the height slider to a different body part? Because both the tiny feet on short sims and the huge ones look sort of odd haha I'm thinking about the back of the neck, or maybe the calves.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#129 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:50 PM
I love you. There. I said it. Let's not make this a big deal.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#130 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:19 AM
simply unbelievable! thank you endlessly for this :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#131 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:28 AM
Thanks for giving us what EA couldn't! You are absolutely stunning! A golden duck for you sir! c=
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:32 AM
Make This Man Scholar.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#133 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
For what it's worth, I've been testing various iterations (about to try 1.5 as I think 1.2 is my most recent one) and it sometimes seems to take a while for all the teens to show up as shorter. I think it just needs patience -- maybe each one needs to respawn, or leave the geographic area and then return, or something like that. But I'm excited to try out version 1.5 and will report back if I notice anything different.

What I'm doing is running the hotel mod, with a playable young adult and teenager. Since lots of toons come and go with this arrangement, it turns out to be a good way to test mods like this one.

Thanks again to OP for all the hard work!

I just tested it on a new save file, only newly generated and created teens will be shortened, so I recommend you to start a new game to get the full experience!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#134 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:57 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 9th Jul 2015 at 1:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I've now tried both version 1.1 and 1.5 but neither of them seem to work when altering the automatic height of my Teens. I had a child Sim age up and he ended up just as tall as normal and I then tried creating some new Teens in CAS but they all started out at the original Adult height as well. Using the randomise button didn't do anything other than change their appearance and clothing but their heights never changed.

Sometimes the height slider doesn't work properly, to fix this, just add a new sim!
EDIT: Also, can you show me a video or pictures if that didn't solve the problem?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:09 AM
Hey can you make a shorter teen mod only
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#136 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrawesome44
Hey can you make a shorter teen mod only

No, it needs the slider to work properly.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#137 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by African~Amore
Thanks for giving us what EA couldn't! You are absolutely stunning! A golden duck for you sir! c=

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#138 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:42 AM
Thank you so much for this Mod! My husband thanks you lol
Inventor
#139 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:55 AM
So my thoughts on the lastest version.

Problems are that if you put the feet to max the stretch out more then they should and you get flat duck feet for both adults and teens. In cas teens sink into the floor a bit as well as in live mode but live mode is less noticeable. The proportions have improved a lot but you might need to edit you teens after an age up since they may be to broad or curvy for the new height. I also suggest using the default foot size (that's the foot size you get when you randomized the body or make a new sim) for both adults and teens. Also using the preset bodies on teen girls forces them to the height of adults, works fine for teen boys.

Overall it has greatly improved and I'm liking it. And just a tip, if the foot slider isn't working right or your sims aren't changing height apon age up/down in cas you can just randomizes the body and it will set the feet/height to this mods default settings.

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 2:09 AM
Can you edit this when your child grows into a teen or is this just an option when you make the teen from the beginning of the game?
Field Researcher
#141 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 2:23 AM Last edited by ryuusei86 : 9th Jul 2015 at 3:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
I just tested it on a new save file, only newly generated and created teens will be shortened, so I recommend you to start a new game to get the full experience!

That would explain why it seems as if the teenage townies are gradually one by one turning into the shortened ones. What I'm actually seeing would be aged-up children, while the taller teens remain that way until they age up to young adult. I'll replace my test sims with a new young adult and teenager, and see how that works.

I take it that once the shortened teenagers age to young adult (assuming one didn't use the height slider), they'll be ordinary young adults of the same height as usual? Just curious.

Thanks again!

ETA: Yes, with brand new toons fresh out of the box, it works fine. The only thing I'm noticing is what others have mentioned about the feet sinking into the ground. How to fix this without making the Sim levitate under all circumstances, I cannot begin to imagine.

You are very courageous to tackle a mod like this, especially since it seems solving one problem creates two or three new ones. But we all appreciate it! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 2:44 AM
Thanks this mod is awesome!!!
Deceased
THANKS POST
#143 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:25 AM
Keep up the great work! Very cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:33 AM
yaaaaaas
Test Subject
#145 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:39 AM
Soooooo... which download do we download? There's like several flavors of the download, i want the new teen height/slider download but i can't tell which one to download??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 4:16 AM
Now I Can Die in Peace
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#147 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xHunniexBunniex
Soooooo... which download do we download? There's like several flavors of the download, i want the new teen height/slider download but i can't tell which one to download??
If you want the regular version, download Height Slider And shorter Teens! V1.5
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#148 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:12 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 9th Jul 2015 at 5:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lisaleesmiles
Can you edit this when your child grows into a teen or is this just an option when you make the teen from the beginning of the game?
From the description of the mod, "To make your existing teens shorter and grow as they age into an adult, simply enter "cas.fulleditmode" then "testingcheats true" and then shift click on them to access the CAS screen and then click randomize, and then click the undo button. Your teen should now be shorter!"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:52 AM
So awesome! Been wanting to make taller sims!
Test Subject
#150 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:57 AM
Firstly, glad something like this has finally shown and very thankful that you're the one to bring it to us. I feel it's WIP at the moment but can't wait to see what more you can do with updates.

Using 1.5:
- Is it possible to fix the feet size, at the lowest teen height the feet become small and obvious where I can't ignore them. (A way to keep them normal sized and not shrink when changing height?)
- Is it possible to make an optional version or include in the main version an even lower teen height? Sims 3 height or near that? I still feel it's not low enough and only asking for a tad bit more if possible.
- Ever thought about a neck height slider too? We can adjust neck width but not height.
Page 6 of 20