Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Regul Save Cleaner

by Onebeld Posted 11th Feb 2021 at 2:38 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2024 at 8:30 PM by Onebeld : Update documentation

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
Very interesting. Such files are deleted only in the Downloads and SigsCache folders. The last thing I wanted to ask: did this problem exist before (in the previous version/in the net461 version)?

I only starting having this issue with the latest version of the save cleaner .net5 version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anime_Boom
I only starting having this issue with the latest version of the save cleaner .net5 version.

Okay, I'll try to make it so that these files are not deleted. I'll also try updating to net6, I just updated all my tools to work with that.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 4:08 AM
Okay, I'll try to make it so that these files are not deleted. I'll also try updating to net6, I just updated all my tools to work with that.

I did find a kind of work aroud, when the files are deleted it still un-installs the content but on rare occasions openeing and closing the launcher several times the game picks up the installed content again sometimes. This is pretty rare however and can take several tries from my tests.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 9:03 PM
Please do not give up. This is the best thing that happend to Sims 3 in years. Luv
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#130 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 2:32 AM
Thanks for the update!
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 5:24 PM
Using the 2.2.0-net6 version, when I enable "Remove Family Portraits", it always removes the portrait that shows up in the list of saves for my current family.

Is this the intended behavior? The description on the help text when I hover the mouse over that option specifically says that it does not remove the family portrait for the current family.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#132 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
Using the 2.2.0-net6 version, when I enable "Remove Family Portraits", it always removes the portrait that shows up in the list of saves for my current family.

Is this the intended behavior? The description on the help text when I hover the mouse over that option specifically says that it does not remove the family portrait for the current family.

At the moment, yes. Identifying the current family portrait doesn't work very well - it doesn't always show up in the program and is accidentally deleted. I plan to change that, if it is possible, of course.
Alchemist
#133 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 12:07 AM
I'm experiencing a problem with this. .NET6 version, Windows 10, ticked all cleanup boxes except "Removing textures (experimental)", "Remove other types (experimental)", "Clear cache" and "Create backup".

I cleaned a save using this and it won't let me enter Edit Town mode. The game just hangs indefinitely — doesn't freeze (the game's "loading" screen wheel (not the mouse cursor) keeps spinning), doesn't crash to desktop, and Task Manager shows the memory TS3 occupies fluctuating, so the game isn't stuck at a certain threshold either.
I know it's not a problem with the save itself because I used an uncleaned copy of the same save and the game entered Edit Town mode just fine in <1 second.

No clue what happened that caused this issue.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#134 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I'm experiencing a problem with this. .NET6 version, Windows 10, ticked all cleanup boxes except "Removing textures (experimental)", "Remove other types (experimental)", "Clear cache" and "Create backup".

I cleaned a save using this and it won't let me enter Edit Town mode. The game just hangs indefinitely — doesn't freeze (the game's "loading" screen wheel (not the mouse cursor) keeps spinning), doesn't crash to desktop, and Task Manager shows the memory TS3 occupies fluctuating, so the game isn't stuck at a certain threshold either.
I know it's not a problem with the save itself because I used an uncleaned copy of the same save and the game entered Edit Town mode just fine in <1 second.

No clue what happened that caused this issue.

I literally just checked it out. It really takes a long time to load the city editor, but then it still loaded. I also did a test - run without cleaning, but with compression (which explains why without the checkboxes still slightly reduced save). Without cleaning with compression in the city editor goes without loading. Most likely the game is generating character portraits at this time, so you have to wait (and it's pretty slow until all ~60 sims have their portraits loaded).
Alchemist
#135 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 10:53 AM
I literally just checked it out. It really takes a long time to load the city editor, but then it still loaded. I also did a test - run without cleaning, but with compression (which explains why without the checkboxes still slightly reduced save). Without cleaning with compression in the city editor goes without loading. Most likely the game is generating character portraits at this time, so you have to wait (and it's pretty slow until all ~60 sims have their portraits loaded).

Thanks for testing this! I gave it another try and entered Edit Town mode after the game finished generating panel portraits for my active household. I let it process and the ET loading screen went away after about 5 minutes, but I was able to use ET mode normally after that.

One question: does this part:
Quote:
Deleting character portraits - removes portraits that are displayed in the relationship panel, in the CAS, when choosing clothes and in the panel of the selected active character
Types: 0x0580A2CE, 0x0580A2CD, 0x0580A2CF

also apply to deceased sims that are no longer being played, don't have urns/tombstones in the world, but still appear in family trees? And are those generated again?
I'm curious about this aspect since my current save is about 60 sim weeks old and there are quite a lot of deceased sims whose tombstones I removed, so they're not resurrectable anymore.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#136 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Thanks for testing this! I gave it another try and entered Edit Town mode after the game finished generating panel portraits for my active household. I let it process and the ET loading screen went away after about 5 minutes, but I was able to use ET mode normally after that.

One question: does this part:

also apply to deceased sims that are no longer being played, don't have urns/tombstones in the world, but still appear in family trees? And are those generated again?
I'm curious about this aspect since my current save is about 60 sim weeks old and there are quite a lot of deceased sims whose tombstones I removed, so they're not resurrectable anymore.

Very interesting. The program removes absolutely all portraits. I assume that they are then re-created for deceased Sims without tombstones. Otherwise, how could genetics be passed on? A perfect example: let's say a green-haired girl takes in her adopted daughter. That daughter gets married and might have a child with green hair. In Sims 2 the Sims genetics are saved to the Sims, but in Sims 3 the genetics are taken from their parents and grandparents.

And if they didn't really exist, they wouldn't appear in the genealogical tree either.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#137 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 4:53 PM
Thank you for this tool! I hope you could create another easy CAS part editor like Kuree's Easy CASP in the future.
Test Subject
#138 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 11:25 PM Last edited by lucasMgauer : 23rd Jan 2022 at 6:17 PM. Reason: Issue found
Default bug
I used the net6 version and when cleaning(backup option enabled), it just show the windows tab program stopped working
Log https://github.com/Lucas559-noob/cr..._18.01.2022.log
tested with other thing and it got more info, now i know the reason, the save file is being used by other program(what program?), i'm going to restart
found the problem, the program can't create a backup
Test Subject
#139 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 8:01 PM
Running the Mac version produces this error:

A fatal error occurred. The required library libhostfxr.dylib could not be found.
If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [/Users/[]/Downloads/RegulSaveCleaner v2.3.0-macOS-net6/].
If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the global location [/usr/local/share/dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location or register the runtime location in [/etc/dotnet].

The .NET runtime can be found at:
- https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunc...t_version=6.0.0
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...10 completed.

Went to the suggested website and can't for the life of me figure out what I am supposed to download there since it just keeps downloading useless-on-Mac .exe files
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#140 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cespinarve
Running the Mac version produces this error:

A fatal error occurred. The required library libhostfxr.dylib could not be found.
If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [/Users/[]/Downloads/RegulSaveCleaner v2.3.0-macOS-net6/].
If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the global location [/usr/local/share/dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location or register the runtime location in [/etc/dotnet].

The .NET runtime can be found at:
- https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunc...t_version=6.0.0
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...10 completed.

Went to the suggested website and can't for the life of me figure out what I am supposed to download there since it just keeps downloading useless-on-Mac .exe files

You downloaded the file for Windows, macOS does not support such files. When you go to the page to install .NET, there are three tabs - Windows, Linux, and macOS. You need to select the third tab and click on the single "Download x64" button at the bottom.
Test Subject
#141 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 7:27 PM
You downloaded the file for Windows, macOS does not support such files. When you go to the page to install .NET, there are three tabs - Windows, Linux, and macOS. You need to select the third tab and click on the single "Download x64" button at the bottom.

Oh God - I didn't realize those were tabs! I though they were the headers for the content - that the Mac version only contained the 'Run Server Apps' option - hence my confusion!
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 6:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, what exactly does the "Hardware Acceleration" setting do?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#143 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 3:06 AM
Just out of curiosity, what exactly does the "Hardware Acceleration" setting do?

Hardware acceleration activates rendering through the video card and the animations become smoother, but it is rather poorly handled, as the rendering engine itself is bad (they promise to fix this, but when - unknown). This does not affect the performance of the program in any way.
Test Subject
#144 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 6:56 PM
Hi, thank you for the program, it's really useful! The german translation can get to the point though where I couldn't even understand what the program was doing lol! Can I help improve the german translation in any way? I'd be happy to help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#145 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlendiWendi
Hi, thank you for the program, it's really useful! The german translation can get to the point though where I couldn't even understand what the program was doing lol! Can I help improve the german translation in any way? I'd be happy to help!

Hi! I completely agree, the translation in this tool is not perfect. I attach the original file. You need to change what's inside the tags, you don't need to change the Key values
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Lang.en.txt (7.3 KB, 5 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 4:52 PM
Hardware acceleration activates rendering through the video card and the animations become smoother, but it is rather poorly handled, as the rendering engine itself is bad (they promise to fix this, but when - unknown). This does not affect the performance of the program in any way.

What animations? The animations in Regul Save Cleaner? I haven't noticed any animations. The progress bars? The highlights on moving the mouse over the saves? The entire window contents?

Sorry if I seem like I'm giving you a hard time, I'm not intending that. I was just curious about it. This is not a particularly graphics intensive program.

On a separate note, version 2.3.0 still removes the family portrait for me. If it makes any difference (based on the notes in the description) my save names begin with "RoPG", my family name is "Luma", and they live in "Roaring Heights" and occasionally send someone off to "Sims University", also they have traveled to "Egypt" and "France", but haven't been there in a long time.
Test Subject
#147 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 5:22 PM
Hi! I completely agree, the translation in this tool is not perfect. I attach the original file. You need to change what's inside the tags, you don't need to change the Key values

Alright, thank you! I'll try to get to translating everything and send you the updated file as soon as possible! Again, thank you for the great tool! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#148 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 2:26 AM
What animations? The animations in Regul Save Cleaner? I haven't noticed any animations. The progress bars? The highlights on moving the mouse over the saves? The entire window contents?

Sorry if I seem like I'm giving you a hard time, I'm not intending that. I was just curious about it. This is not a particularly graphics intensive program.

On a separate note, version 2.3.0 still removes the family portrait for me. If it makes any difference (based on the notes in the description) my save names begin with "RoPG", my family name is "Luma", and they live in "Roaring Heights" and occasionally send someone off to "Sims University", also they have traveled to "Egypt" and "France", but haven't been there in a long time.

1. Yes, this is considered animation. In fact, there is not much animation in the tool, and the setting is necessary in some cases, for example, when the program is in full screen mode, it starts to work badly.

2. It looks like the problem is still there and it has to do with moving to other cities. I will look into this problem.
Test Subject
#149 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 6:56 PM
Hi, I have a question about this program - which version should I get, net6 or net461? What's the difference between those?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#150 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladysparrow20
Hi, I have a question about this program - which version should I get, net6 or net461? What's the difference between those?

The net6 version gives some speed, but you have to install .NET 6.
I recommend net461 because you don't have to install anything extra - download and run, but this is only for Windows.
Page 6 of 11