Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2011 at 7:17 AM
Judgment Day
This topic just popped into my head the other day, and really, it is a good idea.

Maybe, Judgment Day will occur when you die. It's just an idea, I am not confirming it.

As in the Bible, it is stated that no one knows when the time will come, not the angels, not Christ, but only the Lord himself.

We don't know when the end will be. We don't know when we will die. Perhaps we get judged when we die.

What do you think Christians?

God Bless!

There is nothing to see here. Move along.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th May 2011 at 9:29 PM
That makes sense, I guess. But the thing that's scaring me the most about judgement day is that all of the signs stated in Revelations is coming true one by one. I think there's just one left before it really comes, according to the Bible. And the Bible's never been wrong. I'm a Christian so this scares me when I really think about it. But it's also kind of a relief.
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 20th May 2011 at 9:47 PM
I'm a preterist. So, I believe that "judgment day" (and everything else in Revelation) has already come and gone and that it did so long ago, in the 1st century CE. Further, I tend to believe that clinging to the concept of an always-just-around-the-bend-so-watch-out! Rapture/"judgment day"/whatever is propaganda put forth by various churches/preachers in order to scare people into Christianity. Which, IMO, is a particularly vile practice that I refuse to be a part of.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#4 Old 20th May 2011 at 11:45 PM
I think it's a load of crap, not only has this been predicted way too many times in history (and always wrong obviously) but this same guy predicted before that the world would end in 1994. The Bible does not say when the world will end and like any interpretation it's just that. It's pretty much possible to wrap the Bible around whatever you want. From the religious standpoint I believe that only God knows when the world will end and anyone claiming otherwise is a liar. The craziness of these things just gives Christians a bad name imo.

Hi I'm Paul!
Site Helper
#5 Old 23rd May 2011 at 8:36 PM
The Bible says that Jesus will come again. It also says that nobody gets advance warning of it. So anybody who thinks that they have found something in the Bible that tells them when it will happen is a victim of wishful thinking , or worse.

(I still agree with LOLZpersonok that "The Rapture" may already be taking place, and being reported in the obituaries.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#6 Old 24th May 2011 at 2:29 PM Last edited by vhanster : 1st Jun 2011 at 3:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
From the religious standpoint I believe that only God knows when the world will end and anyone claiming otherwise is a liar

And any given date supposedly the time the world will end (such as the outrageous 21/12/2012 belief) is nonsense, and anyone who beliefs in that are idiots (plus a fake if that person claims to be Christian).
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:28 PM
I don't know why Harold Camping is doing this. If he doesn't get it right, everyone laughs, but if he does, he'll never get to say, "I told you so!"
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 9:45 PM
I just read he had a stroke

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 1:40 AM
I think Judgement Day will come when we less expect it. Right now that day it's really near.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th May 2020 at 8:45 AM
My pastor did a really good Bible study on this a while back. Essentially, we are living in the last days, from the time Jesus ascended into Heaven, until now, and we don't know when the day of judgment will come. This is why we see signs all around us, because they are signs, it's just that the actual date and time are things we can't predict. The fear we feel from this is more to remind us how necessary it is to come to God and repent, because we really don't know when it'll be time, because that is when we'll receive our judgement (those who have died are already judged, they're just waiting to be resurrected on that day to receive their judgment).
Scholar
#11 Old 16th May 2020 at 5:26 AM
That is true as Hebrew 9:27 states men die once and after this comes judgment. while we live only a mortal life in this broken cursed world. Many people we may not expect to be saved will be and others will not since the judgement is between them and the creator.