Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 12:42 PM
i know how to cook fish. you have to open the fridge and drag them from your inventory, then go to the book store and buy recipes with fish in them (IE fish and chips), have your sim read them, then they can cook that. it took a while for me to figure it out
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:05 AM
The treehouse got rejected due to my screenshots. If anybody wants it anyway PM me, otherwise I might upload it later on sometime, I'm too busy to fix it up at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lawnbowls
The treehouse got rejected due to my screenshots. If anybody wants it anyway PM me, otherwise I might upload it later on sometime, I'm too busy to fix it up at the moment.

Why didn't they like your screenshots?
Instructor
#54 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:51 AM
I'm wondering the same thing about the screen shots. Since they inspired me to start this challenge, they must not be all that bad.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:54 PM
This is the way I've been playing hte game so far. It makes for a much happier sim because the don't have to get stressed out at work. I hate them having jobs too because they spend what seems like the whole time working, eating, sleeping, and bathing. There's hardly any time left for a life! So so far my sims enjoy living off the land only. You can make a good living off of the things you find on the ground. Fishing is fun. I have my houses full of insects, mounted fish, and fish bowls! so fun!
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:36 AM
I think I'm going to try this later. I was thinking about doing it anyway, but to see how other people are playing it, it looks awesome.
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:48 AM
My "Living off the land" challenge
A) With a new sim (who will remain single and childless), buy an empty lot and get rid of all money (buy and re-sale stuff till broke.)
B) cannot plant a fruit/veg till you have grown one from a seed first.
C) you may harvest public plants, but this may only be used to eat raw and for fertilizing. (you may plant these after growing that plant once from seed.)
D) cannot use bait for fishing untill reading the book that unlocks that bait.
E) Selling: You may only sell the following: perfect fruit and vegetables (grown by you), Perfect fish (caught by you) gems and ore you collect, loot recived from fishing.
F) you may not get any job or complete any challege that would conflict with the above rules (example-bring 6 fish to market...may only complete by getting 6 perfect fish and using them.)
G) No public transportation till you can buy your own car.
H) untill you can build your house, you will have to sleep on benches, ust public restrooms, etc.
I) you may spend your money on whatever you like, build, buy a bed, fishing books.
J) you may buy lifetime rewards at any time.

Goal:once you have gotten your household value to 100,000 simoleans, you may play however you like...even get a spouse or career!

Sleeping on a park bench for several Sim weeks has been frustrating, but I have done this and have finally bought amy own bed and just built the foundation and one wall of my house. Soon I'll even have a shower!

Enjoy
Test Subject
#58 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:26 PM
Once you send the gems or stones off in the mail, they'll come back in a couple of days..then you place them somewhere..on the ground, a table, whatever. Go into Buy mode, click on the sledgehammer and click on the item..you'll get the value for it.
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
Nice concept. Im making a "bum" of some sorts atm.
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:05 AM
yeah, me too. Here's a tip. You can almost live at the gym. Bathroom, shower, comfortable loungers and quick meals from the fridge.
Fruit and veggies can be found at the Science Lab.
AND if you go into the graveyard after dark and explore the catacombs, you might find some valuable books to sell or some ore. I made over $500 just on books with one trip and was able to buy a sofa and a bike.
And catch butterflles and bugs to sell.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 7:58 PM
This challenge is amazing! I've got to try it!!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Page 3 of 3