Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 3:51 PM
Spoiled Rotten Challenge
This is a very simple challenge I like to play when I don't want to remember a bunch of rules. There's really only one thing to keep in mind and you don't even have to keep score.

Start with two parents and a child. Gender doesn't matter and you can modify them however you like, including traits and lifetime wish. Move the family into any empty lot or house that they can afford. Lifespan should be at normal.

Your focus is on the child--the parents are only there to care for the child. The entire purpose of this challenge is to spoil that child. To do that, give them whatever wish pops up for them.

So as soon as a wish pops up, save it in one of the four locked wishes spots. You must try to complete that wish as soon as possible. If the family only has $100 and the child wants a dollhouse then you must sell something to buy the child a dollhouse.

The challenge sounds pretty easy, but it gets more and more difficult the older the Sim gets. You play all the way through the end of their life, always doing whatever they want to do.

Keeping score is very simple--your lifetime happiness is your score. There will be some wishes that disappear before you can click on them. The goal is to not let that happen, of course. If you want to keep track of this you could always just keep a running tally and count off 1,000 lifetime happiness points for each wish that disappeared. It's not a competition, though, so you can skip that, if you like. I just try to do as much as possible and don't really focus much on the scoring. It's interesting enough to just see what weird stuff my Sim wants. I had a young adult want to make out with elder women all the time. So I let him.

Many people have probably already thought of doing this, since everything is kind of set up that way in the game anyway. That's why I had never posted it before, but my sister told me that she's never thought of doing this, so I thought I would mention it. It is especially fun for those of us that like to control everything our Sims do...now they're actually doing whatever they want.

There's no cheating, of course--nothing that would make fulfilling wishes easier than the game is set up to be. No money cheats, especially.

Any wishes that are impossible to do may be cancelled (such as buying a hot tub when you don't have any expansions).

Have fun! :D

ETA: Your spoiled Sim can have siblings, if you like. Just make sure you focus on the one Sims wishes. The other Sims do not matter.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 5:22 PM
sounds like a mini challenge you could play while doing other ones.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 8:42 PM
Yes, at first. Once they get to be adults, though, it becomes pretty difficult to do. The wishes pop up constantly and it's hard to keep up with them because they are harder and harder to fulfill.
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 2:12 AM
But the older the Sim gets, they can take care of themselves more and can fulfill their own wish themselves...