Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:15 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 29th Aug 2013 at 8:49 PM.
Default "Moving Like the Military" Challenge
This is a nod to all the people in my life who are military family members. They only appear once in my life, only to move away due to a family member being in the military.

The Challenge Requirements:
*The Sims 3 basegame and all expansion and stuff packs. (The first part is obvious, but I request you have every expansion and stuff pack to fully benefit from this challenge.)
*A family made by you and not pre-made.
*The Nraas MasterController mod and the Cheats module that goes with it.
*the 9 Store Content worlds. (This is optional, but if you want to move to the 9 store worlds, this is needed.)

How to Play:
*Start in whatever world you prefer, but I started with Sunset Valley.
*Keep progressing by earning money through a job, various skills that pay (like writing, fishing, gardening and playing instruments) or collecting various items around town to boost your wealth.
*If you're lazy like me, you can use the Master Controller mod to exaggerate your funds. However, only use this mod as a last resort. You can only use it 3 times. Same goes if you want to use the family funds cheat: You can only do it 13 times.
*You can only live and visit in worlds created by EA and Maxis, so that only includes the basegame, the expansion packs and The Store's 9 Worlds.
*Aging and story progression must be turned off.

To Finish:
*You must have played in every world to win. You must play for one Season's length (In other words, starting in summer, you may live in that world until fall starts, so when the season icon appears for the new season, move out.) and set the Season's length to the maximum under options.
*Your family must move back to the starting world after visiting all worlds.

Disqualifications:
*If you run out of money or abuse the Family Funds cheats\mods (more than 3 times with MasterController and more than 13 times with the family funds cheat).
*If you use a pre-made family.
*If you stay longer than 3 days after the new season starts.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 1:08 AM
So basically 1 Sims 3 season is about 4 years or so? I'm a military brat myself and I usually spent 4 years in each state ive lived in, and I might move back to the first place I remember AKA haweii, so I like the idea of the challenge and I'm willing to try it out, ill post a story I'm not one to post pictures of stuff XD
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 1:59 AM
Seems it'll take a long time...How big will the .sav file be?
But it sounds great.
And what do you mean "use the family funds cheat"? I remember the mod can change your fund to any, so will you make a rule about this later?
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 10:54 PM
if you dont have seasons, can you just say 20 sims days? (or however long each season is on max)?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 2:53 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Sep 2013 at 5:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Hotdogs4life
if you dont have seasons, can you just say 20 sims days? (or however long each season is on max)?

Well, it's 28 days for the maximum according to the default settings. I should point out using the Longer Seasons mod (which extends it to 84 days) is grounds for disqualification.

Yes, if you don't have Seasons, check the in-game calendar (by hovering over the clock in the UI) and if you're good at math (dividing by 28, as the base number to remember), then it helps.

As for the money cheats, you are allowed to have 1,000,000 Simoleons added at a time. However, any further than 1,000,000 and you are disqualified.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)