Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 5:08 AM
Default My version of the "vagabond" challange...
There are heaps of these challanges out there, and for me i have my own particular way of doing it so i thought i would share.

The idea is to have a toddler that grows up with nothing then attempts to make their life better as an adult.

Theres quite a bit of preperation to be done.

FIRST make a family, it MUST have a toddler, and no other children, but the rest is up to you, my fave is to make a female toddler, an adult male (her dad) and an elder male (her grandfather), i kill off the adult male by using testing cheats enabled true and clicking on his hunger to zero (while in live mode), i make the elder male (grandad) hate kids, mean spirited, insane, a slob and whatever else takes my fancy at the time. I pretty much just randomly choose their lifetime want as i never let them complete it. The toddler i always make good and loves the outdoors. (since the rest of their traits will be randomised i like to set these ones in stone).

THEN i make the "house" i make a nice cottage, only i make the patterns look old and crusty then i go a little nuts with the hammer tool to make it a "tumble down cottage" next i furnish it and put in several ovens and light the house on fire. I usually send the grandad out with the kid (if theres a babysitter they will call a firefighter) and bring them back once the fires burned itself out. Then anything that hasnt burned i either delete or use the move objects cheat to place plants on/in/around it so the sims cant use it. Then i paint the ground all weedy and yucky, throw in a few brambles and a couple of park benches.

LASTLY i get rid of their money. And now its time to play.

CHALLANGE: The story in my head goes: Grandad was quite happy being a bum, until one day he woke up and found that his grandaughter's parents had died and he had been saddled with the kid, since he is her last surviving gardian. He really cant be bothered with her and so he just leaves her to it, feeding her or changing her when she yells long enough, basically just doing enough to stop the social worker from coming. At this point he is pretty much stuck on the lot with her, so its fairly annoying and making him stir-crazy. Once she grows up into a child he can leave the lot (finally) he doesnt much appreciate his grandaughter there so he yells at her a lot and tries to shoo her away too. His sole purpose in life is to hoard more stuff! (he will rummage in his neighbours bins, most nights) She knows hes a bit irritated with her presence and tries to be as good as possible, and does her homework, she can make friends but she hates bringing them home cos its embarressing, she just wants to be loved and happy. She wants to turn the old yucky cottage done up pretty.

As a teen i make her get a job and do her best to do her homework too. This makes it hard to have friends and a social life. By this point she and her grandad are either enemys or they strongly dislike each other. He often dies at some point duriong this stage, leaving behind him a horrible mess (from all the stuff he has collected and left around the property)

I usually get her pregnant as soon as she becomes a young adult, and i get her to marry someone else (ya know, cinderella) but i keep them on their own home lot and do it up all pretty.

I give myself rules on that too, since it would at least be a lot of hard work to get rid of all the overgrown brambles, i make myself build and destroy one sim wall for each bramble i delete this costs seventy simoleons to build and only gives you 52 back. SO i call that removal cost or labor cost lol, i also only let myself build/buy on sundays... which is quite fun cos i try to see how much i can make that week :P

SO thats pretty much it. I would love to hear your guys opinions.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 4:41 PM
that sounds cool
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:55 AM
I really injoyed reading your challenge. look forward to trying it.