Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 10:28 PM Last edited by oinkcowmoo : 9th Sep 2010 at 12:29 AM.
Isle of Lesbos Challenge
This challenge centers on the idea of an all-female society where males are locked up and then used only for continuation of the race. This idea comes from the Greek isle of Lesbos, where the women were all homosexual. The men were locked up and taken out only to mate.

So anyway, how does that relate to the Sims? For this challenge, create three or four women and one male (all unrelated). Buy a lot. Size doesn't matter, but you will want it fairly large. Section off one quarter of the lot with some kind of fence. This is the men's compound. Make it sparse, with only a few necessary furnishings and no windows. Lock the man up there.

Next, make a nice house for your females. I had mine Greek-inspired, but it can look however you want. Money doesn't matter. Use as much money as you need to make the house, but once you are done building you should have less than 20,000 simoleons in your family funds.

Now the fun begins! Make all your females in love with each other. Romantic interest is fine. You can use No Jealousy if you want, but you don't have to. No Jealousy should also be awarded to the male when he has enough points. Every Sunday, the male should be allowed out of the locked compound and should Try For Baby once with each woman. You can accomplish this however you like.

If female babies are born, that's fine. Treat them normally. If male babies are born, they can be treated normally until they become teens. They should immediately be locked up in the male compound until they are young adults. After that, you may either keep them in the male compound or move them out if you need more space. Male children may be used for Try For Baby with unrelated females.

Remember, each female should only recieve one Try For Baby interaction a week. Additional men may only be moved into the household when the completely unrelated man dies.

As for money, no regular jobs are allowed but part-time jobs are. Gardening, fishing, painting etc. are also allowed. In his spare time, the man can also paint, write etc.

This challenge ends when twenty children are born into the household. Note that I am not against men in any way, nor am I against lesbians. This challenge is just something I came up with in a moment of "what if this happened in the Sims?"

Have fun and if you have any questions, I will answer below.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 12:40 AM
This sounds pretty cool. I'll try it when I'm done w/ my current challenge
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 5:42 AM
Sounds fun I might try it ^-^ possible move every one out of a town or something? not sure maybe designate a portion of Riverview for this challenge with empty lots and keep all YA/A men there until needed, move all the girls into luxury lots when they come of age and start groups of girls like the first 3-4 womens first born girls go to one lot to become romantic interests and then assign them 2 men to mate with and so on and so forth ^-^ if I do this I'll post up dates and what nots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 8:06 PM
wow this could really become an entire neighborhood couldn't it? i might just have to expand this challenge
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:37 PM
sound CRAZY. So I guess I'll give it a try!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 5:53 AM
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I have to say though that, yes, Lesbos is the birthplace of Sappho, but it's a normal Greek island in the Aegean with a traditional Greek society and always has been.
Inventor
#7 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:58 PM
Interesting challenge, but where do you get this 'historical fact'? I have to agree with RoseCity. And erotic poetry by a woman is not the same as locking men into cells except for procreation. O.o

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 1:19 PM
My friend told it to me, but she does have fun exaggerating- I'll be more careful about my facts next time.
Inventor
#9 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 5:44 PM
Sounds hot I might try it
Instructor
#10 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 7:02 PM
Can I play this Challenge with Sunset Valley? Can be funny to lock up all men and put the ladies in large housholds.
If you want to lock up male teenager, you can use Twallans "The Careers" Mod, which has a home schooling option.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 3:36 PM
This sounds like it would be fun, but I wish there was a better goal than just have 20 children. Maybe it should be like have 20 children and at least 10 men on the compound? I don't know.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gabrielorie
Sounds hot I might try it

LAMO .... yep prety hot to me
Will deff give it a try. it sounds intersting
since i'm bored with sims at the moment (and waiting anxiously for the sims late night!) this is a great option!!1! thankkzzxxsss
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 6:34 PM
If this is all about female-dominated society, I see no reason for the women to all be in love with each other. It sounds more like Amazons than lesbians to me. Not all lesbians are man-hating polyamorists.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:54 AM
Lesbos!!!!!!! I cant help but think of that South Park episode.LOL
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 11:04 AM
I have a plan for expansion... one of the women finds it cruel that men are locked up, so spends her time talking to the men and trying to bust them out :D

I124Q...:)
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 9:25 PM
It's a nice idea, after running the challenge once, i decided to try chaging it a bit, here's how: I've now got Riverview split in half, one side is female-dominated, the other is male dominated. The female side takes in and female children from the male side and vice versa with the boys. I also have one sim of the opposite gender on each lot (for reproduction purposes) but once that sims has had 3 children, he is sent to a secluded compound in the opposite section (a father of 3 would be in a male compound in the female side, vice versa).
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:13 AM
Default Sounds Awesome :D
I actually really like this idea - I'm gonna give it a test try, then, if I find it fun, I might just write it all up as a story, maybe on my blog I'll probably change some of the rules, just to suit the purposes of the story, I won't be playing for points :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 12:35 AM
This is an interesting challenge, but you are confusing a school that taught women to write epic erotic poetry and philosophy with a "mythic" group of women who were warriors and called Amazons. The Amazons may have been a male centric historian's version of matriarchal society. But, bad history aside, looks like you are all having fun.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:50 AM
Great idea. My self-made female sims already greatly outnumber the self-made males anyway.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 5:31 PM
Which town did you guys use for this challenge. I used Sunset valley for its sun and sea back ground.... What other towns could you sujest ?
Instructor
#21 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 7:32 PM
I really like this Idea I think I'll try it.
Instructor
#22 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 7:39 PM
How do you imprison the guys?
My men are disappearing every day and I find them at their former homes. I'm playing the challenge with sunset valley.
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
How do you imprison the guys?
My men are disappearing every day and I find them at their former homes. I'm playing the challenge with sunset valley.

the men are supposed to be a part of your household so that won't happen. this happens sometimes in other challenges. it just happens unless you invite them to stay EVERY night, which is very annoying.
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 5:47 AM
Love this idea!
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 1:03 AM
Cool, I may try this one. But you could also do it with gays guys and when the girl gets prego they can just have it in the little 'jail'. I shall try this. I'm going on forth right now. :P
Page 1 of 2