Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 8:48 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 12th Feb 2014 at 3:34 PM.
Default Armageddon Challenge(With an easier version for Late Night)
Armageddon has come. In this world, you, and your family are the only survivors. The sky is destroyed, and Radiation fills the light. Life is hard....

Things you will need to play this challenge:

A blank Neighborhood. Download one from here somewhere, or create one yourself. :D

There are two ways to play this game. One is easier, the other is not.

1. Version one is to create a family in Late night, and get someone to become a vampire. Then save the family, move them to Bin, and then move them to an the empty neighborhood. Once in game, have them all become vampire's. This will be explained later on.

2. Not do number one. :D
-----------------------------------

For your family, create 3 Adults, and one Elder. The elder must be a woman. The 3 adults can be male or female. All are the sons, or daughter of the Elder.

For the traits, choose random.

The elder gets all random traits.
The adults get 3 random, one good, and one bad**. For the adults, the top three are the randoms, the bottom 2 get chosen by you, the player.

Story progression is to be on at all times.
---------------------------

The story behind the game:

Your job is to repopulate the neighborhood with only these starting sims. The townies are other survivors. These are the people you get to choose from to have as wives/husbands and to have kids.

Choose a lot, and build a small building into a hill, with basements, to have an underground complex. Make it as big, or as small, as you want it. Use money cheats if needed, for this part of it. YOU CAN NOT GO OUTSIDE DURING THE DAYTIME!! If you have to, for any reason, you must now consider this person sick. Any children they have will have nothing but bad traits. This is easier to follow with vampires, as they make a sound when they burn. Otherwise, one of your sims might go outside and you won't know it.

Rules:

1. No electronics of any kind. Lights must be candle type. No tv's, or anything like that. No cell phones. You may have a pool, toilet, and shower.
2. YOU CAN NOT GO OUTSIDE DURING THE DAYTIME!! If you have to, for any reason, you must now consider this person sick. Any children they have will have nothing but bad traits**. This is easier to follow with vampires, as they make a sound when they burn. Otherwise, one of your sims might go outside and you won't know it.
3. Rule 2 is no longer in effect after 4 generations, when they reach Elder. The ozone will have finally returned. It is now safe to leave the house. This of course opens up huge amounts of new things to do.
4. There are no jobs. It is your job to build it back up. After 6 generations, you may place jobs, and community lots.
5. After 10 generations, electricity will have returned, and you may now start buying electronics, but only in a family in which the science related skills are above 7.
6. The game ends after 10 generations, when an inventor, with a science skill of 10, creates a Time machine, and travels to the past, thusly being able to learn in the past how to rebuild things they lost since Armageddon.

(**Bad traits are any trait that would hamper civilization. That depends on "Time period")

Time periods are based on generations.

The adults from the start are generation 1. Bad traits for them would be things that could stop them from getting a "mate". Anger issues, and the such. Non-flirty, and stuff, you know?

Generation 2 through 4 are the re-populators. Anything that could hamper that from happening is considered a bad trait.

--------------------------------

To play this game, this is how you start:

When each of your Adults from the start get married, and the spouses move in, they can begin to have children. The first ones to have kids are the heir's. They will remain in the main family.

The second are to be moved out into another bunker on another lot. The third and final adult are too remain with the main family till generation 3. Once generation 3 are born, they are to leave as well.

It is recommended to use awesome mod, or twailans mod, so everyone in families your not playing, get married, and have kids. It is also a good idea to make sure that everyone gets married and have kids personally. Otherwise, it could all get messed up. D:

After the sky clears in generation 4/5, you must start building simple homes above ground.

Oh, and make sure that there is no school, and get a curfew mod. That would ruin it a bit.

Try and have atleast 26 homes built, and filled with families by generation 10. That way you will actually feel like you won. :D

Anyone who actually does this challenge, should post some family tree stuff.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 10:37 PM
Is the reason no one has written to my post because it's too difficult or strange? D: Let me know what you think about my two challenges if you could...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 12:19 AM
I think it's got great bones, but maybe a bit more fleshing out? More tasks along the way, more detail of how to live and what you can do etc. could help?

(Plus comments are quite slow in the challenges section, so it's not really been that long :S) I'll check back, I'll give this a play when i get a chance!

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 3:42 PM
I'll do some work on fleshing it out a bit more, and explaining further. Also, i'm working on creating a NH that is devoid of houses and people, with townies, that looks like it went through an atomic war. Not going very well. D:

If anyone would like to either:

A. Do it for me, or
B. Help me out with it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 12:48 AM Last edited by simsuncensored : 10th Feb 2011 at 1:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Klldarkness
I'll do some work on fleshing it out a bit more, and explaining further. Also, i'm working on creating a NH that is devoid of houses and people, with townies, that looks like it went through an atomic war. Not going very well. D:

If anyone would like to either:

A. Do it for me, or
B. Help me out with it, it would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds somewhat like the apocalypse challenge for the sims2

http://www.legacychallenge.com/apocalypse.html

I miss the apocalypse challenge, I miss it so much that I started trying to write my own, I didnt get very far lol, Its very time consuming trying to figer out what objects/rewards/needs that you earn for each job compleated.
And so many jobs/careers to pick from, maby it would work if we spilt them in groups of 3 or so and pick one to compleat or roll the dice.

Oh I forgot while playing around with ideas I built a undergrown starter home, I had to fine a lot big enouph and add a bunch of trees (darn EA keeps changing the start out money) to make the lot price high enouph so my sim started with very little mola and very limited furniture.
I also but a fence and gate around the stairs, and keep it locked in the day light hours.
my sim had no phone so of course at night she would try to make it to the library and chat with the undergrowned comunity as much as possible in hopes of finding a mate. walking everywhere left little time to do anything. But I finally got her a boyfriend.
It was a very intereting test but that was as far as I got
It stunk so bad that I got bored with it and quit lol, just kidding.
I had several big life changes and I am still to busy to work on it.
anyways maby I will fin it one day. I guess I could find time to upload the lot for your NH if you want.
It has a few cars broke down on the lot and forage around the stairs to hide it , nothing that special.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2011 at 1:41 PM
I'm back guys! So, anyone wanna do one of my two challenges?