Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:20 PM
Default Shack to a Mansion Challenge
Background:
You are a sim that has just entered (insert the name of neighbourhood), and you are looking to live there. However:

a) You have limited money
b) Not much of a carpenter
c) You don't even have a job

So, with the limited money you got you manage to build a shack, then you start to ponder.

CRAP "I need food".

So, you make a cheap parameter fencing around an area and you start gardening.

Sim: Can be either male/female, preferred YA
Sim Traits:
- Green Thumb, (You need the food)
- Handy, (You are building a shack, and sooner or later you want a nice house/mansion)
- Loves outdoor (In the earlier part of your life, you won't see much of dry walls)
- Frugal (You gotta save up!!!)
- Last Trait is optional
(I chose "Brave" as my last trait, and it save me so badly. My first attempt on pancake (which was VERY EARLY in sim world) made my stove on fire and I almost died :S.)

House:
- Buy any size lot. No pre-built houses
- Create a 2 x 3 Washroom with the cheapest Shower, Toilet, cheapest lighting (only one)

- Create a 3 x 3or2 Bedroom with cheapest bed, and cheapest lighting
OR : Get a (2 x 1) bench and place it outside instead of a bed. (This will make the challenge harder)

- Create a 2 x 3 Kitchen with the cheapest fridge and cheapest stove

- Get big windows to the walls to give lighting in daytime

- Get one counter for food and place it outside of the shack *

- Get one stand alone sink and place it outside of the house *

- Get one 1x1 table, and 2 chairs for it, and place it outside of the house *

- Create an area with fences (dimensions is your choice), this will be your gardening area

- Now before doing anything else here make sure to have enough money for: 2 Skill Classes, and maybe eating dinner outside.

- Put trees so that it looks like a campsite area/ cottage/ foresty kinda thing.

- Make a pond so that your sim can fish.

*= I put those around my house.

Rules:
- After 2 skill classes of your choice, have around 300 - 500 simoleons.
- No cheats
- You may get a job (for more challenge: don't get a job, money must come from selling veggies and fishies)
- You may start building your mansion when you hav accumulated
$$20 000+
- You cannot buy: exercise machine, bookcase, guitar, chess set, treadmill, TV, Computer, phone,
- To raise handiness: class or tinker or book (which will come with trait)
- To raise cooking: cook
- To raise gardening: book (which will come with trait), and garden
- To raise logic: good luck with that.
- Put cell phone on silent for the hell of it. ( No PHONE FOR YOU!)
- For grocery and books, buy when its on: sale or you have coupon

Objectives:
- Make enough money to build a nice house
- Survive

Finish:
The challenge is done when you think you have an awesome mansion/house.

*Author's note*: Maybe we could finish this by lot value, so if anyone was a good lot value ending for this, please suggest.
and Feel Free to suggest any modifications for this. It's my first time.

Adios, and have fun?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 4:53 AM
Wowza
Love It !!! Cant Wait to try it
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 5:24 AM Last edited by aykyle : 24th Feb 2011 at 6:58 AM.
Haha. I want to try this

Ha, can we use Klepto as the last trait and steal for money
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:06 PM
Glad you guys like it,

I'm a sims noob, so I'm having some difficulties but its all worth it :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:08 PM
Aykyle, go for it if you'd like. Like I said, the last trait is anything you wish it to be.
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:41 PM
Nah it was too easy. all you have to do is go to a rich house, and steal a car and theres about 2k right there. I'd rather attempt it the hard way by selling fish and veggies and fruits.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:42 AM
this is great*runs to grab sims 3*im gonna get a job though.but i wont buy grseries,only if i has none foods.ill post a story sometime!no pics.but a description.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:03 PM
hiya.umm,my sim got pregnant and i want to know what to do.should i keep the child with me or kick him out to live with his dad.anyway,i made a story.

after her parents died,Jessica moved to her grandmothers house.she got pregnant on a short trip to the big city at 15.the father,adam johnson,wanted to help,but knew she had to go home with her gran.nine months later,she gave birth to jim Smith.hes brave and heavy slepper.three years later,she hears kicking and rumbeling.she thinks its the neighbors kid.then she hears gunshots and screams.she runs nextdoor to see her gran,sevrel gunwooneds.her gran tells her to run to the big city,bridgeport.she kisses her on the forhead and crys.her gran dies.he runs to get a sack of clothes,books and some money,gets a coat on her son,throws one on her self and leaves.seven days later,she arrives.with little money,she builds a small house,and sets out to get a job at the bookstore.she meets her friend and they fall inlove.not much has happned.she has coulerfull tights,a brown coat,grey top and bleached denim skirt.her son has a top with strips,trouses and no shoes.he ha messy hair.

sims are be teh awsome way of life[I][B]
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 6:22 AM
My Story
Emily Green was a Big town girl, looking for a small town.
And she found one. Lilyville was the perfect place for her, the land was cheap, and the living was high. Emily soon decided that, with her ten dollars and small piece of land, she was going to be rich And Have 6 Kids!

Emily Green
Traits:
Green Thumb
Handy
Loves the Outdoors
Frugal
And Family Orientated

At first, Emily knew she wasnt going to get rich straight away, so she got to work gardening and cooking. If she had no food, she would go to her friend, Morgana Throtons place. She hoped that one day, she would have a house like them.

2 Weeks Later

Emily is feeling sick, And Getting fatter by the day. But why? how? And then, 1/2 weeks later, she has Twins! Alexander and Elizabeth Were Her first Kids! Yay!

I will update every now and again, but my computer cant take pictures.
By the way, awesome challenge!
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 1:47 AM
I want to do this soon :]