Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2011 at 7:26 PM Last edited by twistyfire : 5th May 2011 at 7:19 AM.
Default New Legacy Challenge Rules - My Date with a Vampire. (Updated with new FAQ and photos of heiress)
Hi there, I'm a Hong Kong SIMS player, and recently inspired by a old TV series My Date with a Vampire produced by ATV in Hong Kong from 1999 to 2004, so create this legacy. The main idea of the ghostbusting family is based on the TV series, and i am only extending it. This legacy would be a salutation to these famous and marvelous stories for colouring my childhood. Please notice about it.

OK, here comes the details about the legacy challenge.
My Date with a Vampire Legacy Challenge

Background

The ghostbuster family Ma in Northern part of China has a long history in protecting human kinds from the attack of evil creatures and spirits. According to tradition, all the heirs are female, swearing to glorify thier family’s name and eliminating all evils in the world. Cursed by one ancestor Ling Yi,Ma, all females of the family must never drop a single drop of tears or they will lost all their inherent power of ghostbusting.

Goal
To get 5 heirs (successive or non-successive) acquiring level 10 in Ghostbusting industry, obeying the following rules.

Rules for family structure
1. All the heirs must be female.
2. All the heirs must never get married (or they would lost their family name); this rules will be broken until their heirship has been passed to a descendant of the Ma's family.
3. Only the males can propose. (ie. the female member of the family must "be proposed" by a male outsider. It is a shame for a girl to propose and for the husband to get the family name from his wife in Chinese culture )
4. All family members with the surname Ma must stay in the family lot, so do their caskets and tombstones; And those without the Ma family name must be moved out. (So does the married ex-heir, because she has become an outsider. Female members may stay if they do not get married.)
5. No female members can give born to a kid before marriage. (Cannot ruin the family name. This rule applys no restriction to male member. What a pity )
6. Related to (5), all heir must be born by a male Ma's family member legally. (So they would gain the family name)
7. Non-heir family member can be either involved in Ghostbusting or not. But those female who has cried can never involved or have to quited from Ghostbusting.
8. All non-heir family members can have marriage with vampires, ghosts, mummy, robbots, etc. Non-humaned children are no different to those humaned. However, the heir herself must be purely human, given birth by human parents.

Therefore, the main framework of the family structure is like:
Heir
- must be female
- must be legally born by a male family member
- must never get married until she has passed the heirship
- can only pass the heirship to a female member in younger generation. (PS. Be aware that one to take over the heirship must never be the heir’s daugther. )
Female
- must never give birth before marriage
- can only be proposed by a outsider
- move out of the family lot when married.
- (If she is selected as a heir, see rules of Heir)
Male
- responds for producing family member
- can give born before marriage, but only the legal daughters can be the heir.

Rules for heirs

1. All heirs must practice martial arts. 9 levels of martial arts must be acquired for taking over the heirship.
2. The successive heir must have 80+ relationship with the former one. (As they have not only the bloodline but also the apprenticeship)
3. All heir must devoted herself to the ghostbusting industry. (ie. accept the career of in-game Ghostbusting industry = start becoming the heir)
4. The heir can leave her career in any level lower than 10 of Ghostbusting industry if she has a descendant to take over the role, but she will not be counted in the 5 heirs in achieving the legacy goal.
5. All ghosts captured must be kept. (For mercy)
6. The heir must never drop a single drop of tears, or she would lost all her power. The legacy shall be failed if there is no descendant to take over the role. (This may be a harsh one, challengers are recommended to buy a lifetime reward for the heir.)

General Rules
1. There is only ONE single heir in one time.
2. No Cheats, excluding the purchase of martial arts training stuffs.
(You may buy them by Ctrl+Shift+C, typing testingcheatsenabled true, and then buydebug to open the secured section.)
3. All traits must be selected randomly, excluding the CAS-created ancestors.
4. Use normal life span. ie. 90 days.
5. Each family member can use life fruit and death flower once.
(The family is respected by gods and the realm of death, so they are granted to lengthen their life and avoid death for once )
6. No ambrosia but family members may learn cooking it.
7. No resurrection of dead sims through the lab.
8. The family must be the active household. No switching to other family during the legacy.
9. Sims can only be aged up when challenger is noticed the coming birthday.
10. Aging and story proccession must be on.
11. Opportunities can be accepted or refused.
12. Family fund can be earned in all ways and by all family members. (No Cheats~)
13. Challengers may choose surname other than Ma. It is only a respect to the original story.
14. The original story is in modern age, so challengers need not to create an ancient atmosphere. 

To start the Legacy…
1. Create ancestor(s) with manuelly selected traits. There must be at least one male. Female ancestor is not necessary. (There is not time limit to have 5 level 10 ghostbusters, so you need not to rush to have the first heir immediately )
2. Move the ancestors to a 40*40 land.
3. Decorate and equip the house with whatever you like, but no beneficial mods.
4. Start and enjoy the legacy

If there is any inability, please leave me a message and i would state it immediately in FAQ. The Legacy rules would also be posted in Sims 3 official website (twistyfire), GameAli (小&#27193 in Mainland China and Gamer (alwaysbegood) in Taiwan in Chinese version.

In case you need some ideas in creating the ancestors, below is a link to my Picasa, showing the photos of the present heiress of the Ma's family (ie. the main actress) in the series. it may help or disturb your creation, take notice.
Heiress of Ma's
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:31 AM
Wow! This is a complicated one. It's like two challenges at once, with the traditional elements mixed with the inherited career. I think the hard part will be having to retire sims every time they cry. SIms are pretty emotional.

Let me make sure I've got the inheritance line down. It seems like I'll need a really big family, to make sure that there are relatives to borrow a daughter from as needed. So after the first Daughter, it'll be her brother's daughter that gets selected as the next Heir - if I'm reading this right. Or failing that, the next closely related girl of a generation below the current heir, so long as the last name is correct?

For the passing of the Heir position - say the current Heir cries and has to retire, must there be a new Heir chosen right then and there, or simply before the retired Heir dies?

I like the story idea. I'll have to look into seeing if there's an english subtitle version of that show online somewhere. ^_^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2011 at 8:42 AM Last edited by twistyfire : 5th May 2011 at 7:15 AM.
Thank you for your reply and inquiry. You has risen some important ideas which are essential to be clarified for gaming.
Along with other comments and questions collected from other forums, all answers would be placed in this post

1. Yes. The successful heirship (the heir has archived level 10 in ghostbusting.) can only be passed from an aunt to a nephew given born by the heir's brother, or any female of the younger generations gaining the surname Ma. (ie. Can also be passed to grand nephews or grand grand nephews. But it should be impossible to pass the heirship to the heir's daughters or granddaughter since they won't gain the surname.)

2. A little modification. If the heir retires because of crying and permanently fail to achieve level 10 in ghostbusting, the heirship can be passed additionally to the heir's sisters. (ie. Can be passed to the same generation and any younger generations.)
This shall ease the problem of lack of daughters of younger generations.

3. The new heir can be selected anytime, even when she is still a baby, or just immediately after the current heir's death or sudden retirement. But make sure that at that moment, there must be a female fulfilling all requirements to be a heir or the legacy shall fail. Challengers are recommended to equip and prepare a number of qualified females in case of the sudden passing of heirship.

4. If Challengers do not have WA installed, requirement of level 9 martial arts for taking over heirship would be changed to level 9 sports.

5. Heirship cannot be passed to a female already joined the ghostbusting industry. (ie. The new heir when taking over the heirship must be a freshman in in-game ghostbusting industry. But sure, for story telling, the new heir can be stated as involving in ghostbusting before taking over the heirship.)

6. Challengers cannot control the babys' gender by eating any watermelons or apples during sims' pregnancy.

7. Regardless of the no. of ancestors created in the beginning, after moving into a 40*40 land, the family would received $10000 for building and decorating the family lot. The money left after decoration, would become the initial family fund.

Indeed, it might be a great challenge in dueling with the tears, but it is exactly what the original story highlighted and I thought it would be a special feature for the legacy :)
And thanks for your appreciation to my legacy and also the original story!

To every potential Challengers and readers:
Please leave me more your(s) comment and inquiry. Your participation is instrumental and beneficial for me in completing and improving the legacy. :)
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd May 2011 at 6:43 PM
Hm. It looks like a lot of fun; I've never really played legacies because I end up getting bored, but that's not for lack of trying!
As for questions, I'd quite like to know whether we can 'cheat' money-wise for the ancestors' abode and then reset it to §1000 when the game begins, or whether we need to make them earn their money before we begin playing the actual legacy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:11 AM
thanks for your questions
Yes, sure, you can use cheat to modify your family fund as $10000 when you just moved in, before building up anything, but after that, no more cheats
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th May 2011 at 7:02 PM
Thanks! I'm going to start making the ancestors now!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2011 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadowed Corpse
Thanks! I'm going to start making the ancestors now!

That' great thanks for your trial for my legacy challenge.
Would you make a story telling about it?
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th May 2011 at 9:49 PM
Well, I've finally gotten to the point where I have enough screenies for a decent first chapter~! I decided to play safe and orient my Sims around the Japanese culture I'm more familiar with.

Prologue

Keisuke and Hanako Kobayashi have spent their entire lives in Sunset Valley. Though they've kept to themselves for the majority of that time, Hanako is well-known and admired amongst a vast percentage of the townsfolk for her cooking abilities and her devotion to her work. Though they were both born in Japan, both she and her partner display a preference for the Western culture and lifestyle - and while they had their new home designed in a more traditionally oriental style, it's mostly just what they've seen from pictures of Kyoto and the more traditional sectors of Tokyo.
Keisuke has been skipping jobs throughout his youth, but now he's beginning to find grey hairs in his black crop, he's settled for clambering up the ladder of business. It's not only a lifestyle of business he wants to pursue, however: there is a secret legacy running, dormant, in his blood. He needs to transfer this to a daughter as quickly as he can.

Sunset Valley has been left unprotected for long enough.

Meet the Ancestors.

The sun was beginning to set over the mountain valleys. The day had been hot - one of those hazy affairs that sent most people crawling to the fridge for a box of juice or tub of ice-cream, and Hanako, in her customary orange sun dress, had been making the most of the heat wave. The house was clean, and she'd spent the day basking in sunlight.
When the sound of tyres on gravel awoke her from her sun-induced slumber, she stretched out and began to rouse herself from the comfortable deck chair she'd been resting on for most of the day. Though her life at home was simple without children to clean up after, her previous success in the culinary arts had ensured they could afford everything they wanted, the thought of now only being present in Keisuke's life to clean up the minimal mess he made was a little depressing.

At that moment, her husband strode through the door, his face grinning. It was all too clear that he'd had a good, busy day at work, and the thought made her jealous. She loved work as much as he did, but she'd gotten bored of constantly cooking, and was beginning to wish she'd persuaded her partner that having children would have been fine on their finances when she was more fertile.

He greeted her with a flourish, and swept her into his arms. Flustered, Hanako could only assume things had gone really well at work for him to be in such a good mood.

"Guess who's been promoted to Department Head?" he smiled, kissing her gently. She just chuckled, stroking his hair. Perhaps if she played things right, she might end up with the child she wanted so much.
"I wonder," she murmured. Keisuke loved being complemented, but she always teased him for a little while before layering on the schmooze. "Let's have some dinner, hm? We can continue our conversation a little later."

After a pleasant dinner of Autumn salad, they turned to the bedroom, where their conversation soon slipped into something a little more intimate.

Awaking early the next Sim day, Hanako lay on her back. She felt distinctly queasy, and hadn't a clue why. She'd prepared yesterday's dinner with fresh lettuce, so it couldn't have been off. There was something niggling in the back of her mind, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it, so she went about her daily routine: a quick shower, a delicious breakfast of pancakes, and then a brush of her teeth. Then she'd prepare breakfast for Keisuke, and then see what the weather was like. Perhaps she'd take up painting or photography.

No sooner had she thought that when she felt the urge to throw up.

The thought that had been eluding her over the morning now came to her: she had morning sickness. The child she'd been so desperately wanting was finally growing in her belly.

~So, I thought I'd take things slowly with the story thing, because I'm really enjoying the legacy so far and keep forgetting to take pictures! I've got pictures of their spawn right up until teenage-hood already