Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 7:12 AM Last edited by justJones : 14th Feb 2014 at 1:00 AM.
Demigod Challenge
Once again, I was sitting at home very bored and wondering what to do next on the Sims 3 when this new challenge came to mind. In it, you shall learn to harness the long, mythical powers of the Greek and/or Roman gods, and their many children.

The Set-Up:
The Greek gods are known for their complicated family tree, so you're obviously going to have to leave a couple details out of the picture in order to set up how they're related. So first, in CAS, you should make Zeus and Hera married to each other. (They are also siblings, but you should leave that part out of this challenge.) Also make Zeus's two brothers, Poseidon and Hades, part of the picture, and his sister, Demeter. You might also not want to make them siblings either, just in case the genetics become mixed up (Demeter's daughter marries Hades, after all). That's already five of the Olympians, and unless you have some sort of mod, you won't be able to fit the other eight. (Since Hades doesn't count.)

So you can take it two ways. You can:
Go through a complicated series of affairs in order to come up with Zeus's children
Or you can:
Build a seperate family and leave genetics to the imagination.

I suggest the second option, since you never know what kind of mess those Greeks' genetics will get you into, but if you choose the first option, you should make only Hephaestas and Ares children of both Zeus and Hera. The twins Apollo and Artemis are Zeus's children, but their mother's name is Leto, and Athena's is as well (I think). Hermes's mother is named Io (or maybe Dryope. This family tree is hard to read.) and Dionysus's is...someone.

You can see already how complicated the first option would be. You'd need a lot of mothers, and you'd have to keep Hera very busy. If you choose the more reasonable second option, you should create Apollo, Artemis, Athena, Hermes, Hephaestus, Dionysus, Ares, and Aphrodite together, all YA. It's okay if they're the same age as their would-be parents.

When it comes to their traits and appearances, you should keep their jobs in mind. A lot of the gods' looks aren't specific, while others are. For example, Hades could look however you think he should, being the god of death, whereas Apollo MUST have light hair, Artemis MUST have dark hair, and Athena MUST have gray eyes. Traits also have certain guidelines you should follow depending on the god's myths. For example, Aphrodite would have traits like Hopeless Romantic, Flirty, Good Kisser, and Good. Athena would need the trait Genius and Ares would need Mean Spirited, but as for everything else you can follow your knowledge and follow your heart!

If you're confused, here are the 'jobs' of the Greek gods.
Zeus-god of sky and lightning
Hera-goddess of women and marriage
Poseidon-god of the sea, earthquakes, and horses
Hades-god of the underworld
Demeter-goddess of plants and growth
Apollo-god of light and music
Artemis-goddess of the hunt and of virgins
Athena-goddess of wisdom, weaving, and battle strategy
Ares-god of war
Hephaestus-god of blacksmiths and fire
Aphrodite-goddess of love and beauty
Dionysus-god of wine, theater, and celebrations
Hermes-god of messages, theives, and travelers

If you're confused about the legends of the Greek gods, you can leave a comment to ask, but there's no harm if you don't follow the myths exactly. The only one who will know is you.

After you have established all the gods, it's time to move them into Olympus. You can either build two separate Olympuses for the gods, right next to each other, or you can build thirteen, giving each god a mansion of their own job and taste. If you build the two separate Olympuses, you should make them right next door to each other to give the appearance of being the same lot, but you can also move them to separate sides of whichever town you choose to house them in. (Also consider building their mansions or castles on top of a hill to symbolize Mount Olympus.) But whether you choose to build two or thirteen, you MUST move Hades out immediately and build him his own lair underground. Though important, he's not actually one of the twelve Olympians and must never be invited to any of the other gods' houses. Only Hermes can visit him to deliver messages.

If you want to make your Olympus more elaborate, you can also do a little research and create a few more minor gods. Hestia, the muses, and Persephone are all good options you can do to give your town the extra kick it needs to truly be an epic Olympus.

The Demigods:
I know what you're thinking. That's a fabulous challenge to kill time and give me a Greek mythology lesson, but you haven't actually done the challenge yet.
Now that you have a full society filled with supreme beings, it's time for them to do what they do best: have children.
No matter which town you're doing this challenge in, you can count on countless adventures for your demigods.
Demigods are the children of gods and humans together. Because of their strange geneology, they are given strange powers and qualities that don't exist in normal sims, and each are given a quest they must complete in order to prove themselves to their godly parent.

It doesn't matter which god you choose first. It's up to you to decide. But you CANNOT have a child with Artemis, since she is the goddess of virginity, and you cannot have a child with Hera, since she's the goddess of loyalty to family. If you have a child with another goddess, the child must move in with their father as soon as they're born. If you have Generations, you can give each god an Eternal Youth potion to keep them young forever, and if not, Demeter can grow all of them some Life Fruit. Either way, though, you should try to arrange the aging so that the demigods can grow and the gods can't.
I suggest shifting from demigod to demigod as they're aging into teenagers so that you won't get bored before the action starts. Feel free to invent interesting love dramas between families to keep the zest alive.

You should try very hard to keep your pregnant mother happy (whether goddess or human) so that you can choose the traits for your demigod child. They immediately inherit two traits from their godly parent. For instance, a child of Athena would get the Genius trait and the child of Hephaestus would get the Handy trait. You might have to wait until the baby is older before you give them the required trait, such as a child of Aphrodite. These traits are important for the child's godly abilities, however, and essential for survival on their quest. However, you DO NOT need more than two traits from their godly parent, and in fact, you SHOULD NOT have more than two traits from their godly parent. They're demigods, not clones.

When your demigod becomes a teenager, they instantly become in danger. They give off a scent that attracts trouble, endangering their loved ones and their own welfare. When your demigod turns into a teen, that is when their quest begins to start. That is when they must team up with TWO OTHER demigods - either children or YA or whatever - and start preparing for their quest.
If you have the case where you don't have enough demigods to set out on a quest, that doesn't mean you lose. If you have four or five demigods, they can have a couple extra. If you have one or two demigods, you must find normal, human people to help out your hero. But AT LEAST ONE of the humans must die before they reach Olympus.

EDIT (12/10): Move your teens into your own version of Camp Half-Blood. Build a gated community for all your teenage demigods, even if you only have one, and have them live there. Build a school for them to go to if you like, but the basic idea is that you're training them. Build their athletic and logic skills, and overall make them the best heroes that you can. You should also create someone to look after the campers.
OR:
Send your demigods to boarding school, if you have Generations. That will be your 'Camp Half-Blood' and should have the same relative idea.

Before I had the the demigods start the quest as teenagers, but since they were on the streets for a lot of the time, they kept getting arrested for breaking curfew. If you have some idea on how to prevent this, leave a comment below.

The Quest:
A quest doesn't come along every day. It's something ultimately important, right? A quest only comes along when the gods need the help of your demigod. And gods are notoriously stingy. They NEVER want help.
But there are a couple ways to give them no other choice.

You can:

1) Kidnap or otherwise remove one of the gods. It doesn't matter which, and it doesn't matter where they go. The demigods must then move in with a different god, one who is concerned for the missing god's welfare and desperate for a solution, and together the demigods must make their way to Olympus through the streets of the city. They cannot sleep in a bed or visit someone to get mom's home cooking. Anyone they talk to is in immediate danger and must either die or move into the same household as the captured god(dess). But it's not that easy. Since the god was captured, their job can't be performed anymore. For instance, if Hades is missing, no one can die! That means that enemies the demigods meet can never be defeated! If Aphrodite disappears, no one will get along! If Apollo disappears, so do all the lights and music in the city! If Ares is gone...well...I'm sure that's bad somehow! Whatever happens, obsticles will appear in the demigods' path and keeping them from Olympus. Once they get there, they must interview and befriend each one of the gods to figure out which one stole the missing god. Maybe it was Hades who was getting lonely in the underworld, maybe it was Hera getting payback, and maybe the missing god was just on a romantic vacation. It's up to you!

2) Cause a fight or war between the gods. Whether between Hera and Zeus, Aphrodite and Athena, or between the goddesses and gods, it doesn't matter! What matters is that it's having incredibly dangerous effects on the surrounding city. Whether it be floods, fires, or a bunch of romantic breakups, it's up to your demigods to find out what's wrong and stop the fight before it breaks out into war! All of the gods have taken sides in the fight based on whichever god they favor and fear the most, so the only patron the demigods can have is Hermes, the messenger. With him leading the household, the three demigods (and/or humans) must make their way to Olympus to settle the brawl. But again, not that easy. Because the gods can't work in harmony anymore, things are going wrong. Nothing will grow because Poseidon won't let it rain for Demeter. No one will play music because Aphrodite isn't giving them love for inspiration. And because of the war going on in Olympus, war is going on in the city as well. No matter where your demigods go, there is some sort of brawl. Once the demigods have made it to Olympus, it's up to them to settle the brawl with either competition or a settlement. They must befriend the gods in question (which may be all of them) and somehow schmooze them into agreeing. They can also have the gods go into the city and perform a competition (such as amount of tips from guitar or amount of kisses in 24 hours). Whoever wins is up to chance!

3) Something equally epic. I know, kind of obvious, but there are tons of things you can do with the gods and I'm kind of eager to try this myself. This equally epic thing could be caused by a number of things. Keep thoughts of prophecies in mind as well as the unique combinations of demigods you have at your disposal. Anything from rescues of other demigods to a bad harvest in Demeter's garden would do! Be sure to choose a patron god for your demigods though, so that no social worker will take your heroes away!

Rules:
Well, this wouldn't be fun without any rules, now would it? Nothing is! But I'm also getting incredibly lazy and am in a favorable mood, so here's the basics.

1. Don't use cheats in any of the demigods' quests. I mean, honestly. How much fun is it if you TRANSPORT the demigods to Olympius??? How much fun is it really if you boost their moods to 100%? You're only cheating yourself! You can use any cheats for the Olympians or mods in order to get them to live 12-in-one household and get the genetics sorted out properly. And if there's some sort of premade Olymus out there, feel free to use it!
2. Don't cheat. Don't skip all the requirements and stuff like that. You're only cheating yourself.
3. Tell me how you're doing. Leave comments and show me pictures! I'd love to hear about your demigods!!! This is the most important rule of all!
4. Oh yeah. And have fun!

Here's a turtle!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 8:51 AM
I love percy Jackson! I mean the books not the movie (the movie is a looser)... and I definitely love this idea.. gonna try this if I have time, and after my royal family challenge. love the ideas, even though the family tree and the set up are bloody process. It is worth it. ^^,
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 5:53 AM Last edited by cannibalcupcake : 29th Nov 2011 at 6:05 AM.
Had to reply because I love this idea! I am in love with gods/goddesses of ancient cultures, particularly Egyptian and I have the perfect world for it. :lovestruc

Edit: Btw, another idea to add to your list- try to make your god and goddesses immortal with ambrosia, or just the important ones at least (like Zeus.)

"I don't want to die without any scars."

“The world is gonna try and clean you up, what you gonna do about it? They’re gonna try and make you pretty, what the fuck you gonna do about it? You’re gonna say I wanna stay ugly.” -Gerard Way
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cannibalcupcake
Edit: Btw, another idea to add to your list- try to make your god and goddesses immortal with ambrosia, or just the important ones at least (like Zeus.)

That's a good point! You could use ambrosia! I also realized that getting the Immortal potion for Generations would be extremely hard, especially since I can never figure out the shazaam cheat.
I think you could also change the gods into vampires as well, if you have Nightlife, because the blood would be like nector and they would have special powers that way. You could cure the demigods from vampirism at the Science Facility when they're older or keep them that way, depending on what you prefer. I still might try making ambrosia though, once I get the skills up.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KayMacd
I also realized that getting the Immortal potion for Generations would be extremely hard, especially since I can never figure out the shazaam cheat.

Shazaam cheat. on the lifetime happiness tab, Hold down 'ctrl' then click on the box near the lifetime points you have. (actually you can click on the numbers while holding 'ctrl')

In my game I don't need to enter 'Shaazam' to do this, but you may want to enter first it in the console.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
Shazaam cheat. on the lifetime happiness tab, Hold down 'ctrl' then click on the box near the lifetime points you have. (actually you can click on the numbers while holding 'ctrl')

In my game I don't need to enter 'Shaazam' to do this, but you may want to enter first it in the console.

I still can't figure it out. Maybe my game is just immune to it.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 4:50 AM Last edited by Majuchan : 30th Nov 2011 at 5:40 AM.
It took me years before I was able to do this, here's a vid to do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhzuKB2pnVc

I hope this one will help in this challenge for the gods and goddesses. For them to be Immortal.

I have a question, does using this cheat for the gods is against the rule?
Another, Can I use twallan's mod woohooer, If I choose the first option? (I think I have read an 'incest' option in it)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
I have a question, does using this cheat for the gods is against the rule?
Another, Can I use twallan's mod woohooer, If I choose the first option? (I think I have read an 'incest' option in it)

I think I'll edit my rules so that you can use whatever cheat you want for gods only. Demigods and on the quest, no. Gods and the way they live, most definitely. They are gods, so they should be able to do things normal sims can't do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 6:38 PM
Finally! One that has my fav subject! SO doing this, but just a heads up, here are the actuall 'jobs':
Zeus-god of sky and thunder
Poseidon-god of the sea, earthquakes and horses
Apollo-god of light, knowledge, music
Artemis-goddess of the hunt, wild animals and virginity
Athena-goddess of wisdom, weaving and battle
Ares-god of war
Dionysus-god of wine, theater and celibrations
Hermes-god of thiefs and travlers, messenger god.

Hestia is godess of the hearth, Thantanos( if i spelt it right) is god of death. I hope this helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 8:36 PM
So I've been playing my own challenge, and I've just started my first demigod quest. The three demigods include a son of Apollo named Felix, a son of Athena named Angus, and a daughter of Hades named Valerie. In their first quest, Apollo has disappeared as well as Felix's mother. I've kinda changed my own rules a little by trapping all the gods in their houses with a fence while the demigods were growing up. That way they wouldn't be seen by the demigods or by the other townspeople. Then, when the three demigods grew into teenagers, I moved them in with Artemis, the patron, and scattered all of the other gods around town. This way the demigods will have to go through the town searching for the gods and interveiwing each one before they find the culprit. I think this is a much clearer way of doing a quest than the way I wrote it down first, since it has a much clearer goal than making them travel from one end of town to the other. But you can also do it the initial way. I think it would work the same.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladygagasimsfan
Hestia is godess of the hearth, Thantanos( if i spelt it right) is god of death. I hope this helps

Thanks! That's true, I did get Hestia and Hera mixed up, and Thanatos is the god of death, not Hades. I'll edit that right now.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:22 PM
Thanks! That's true, I did get Hestia and Hera mixed up, and Thanatos is the god of death, not Hades. I'll edit that right now.

No prob :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 2:23 AM
Love this ♥ Another thing, Athena never married either, so I won't be making her have children. Gonna try it now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FireBendess
Love this ♥ Another thing, Athena never married either, so I won't be making her have children. Gonna try it now.

I don't know if it's restricted because of the marriage thing. Hera is married and she's not allowed, and Apollo isn't married and he is allowed. It's more along the lines of the goddess's roles and legends. Because Artemis is known for being a virgin, she can't have kids or Woo-hoo with anyone, and because Hera is notorious for her loyalty for Zeus, she can't cheat on him with anyone.
But it is, after all, your decision, and if you think it'll be more accurate and entertaining this way, then by all means.
Scholar
#15 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 7:19 AM
For the record, the mother of Hermes was named Maia. Io was the lover of Zeus who got turned into a cow, and Dryope was one of Apollo's lovers. And Athena's mother was Metis.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
For the record, the mother of Hermes was named Maia. Io was the lover of Zeus who got turned into a cow, and Dryope was one of Apollo's lovers. And Athena's mother was Metis.

Oh yeah. I think I remember something about that. Sorry if my Greek mythology is a little rusty. It's been a while since I've read it. :P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladygagasimsfan
Finally! One that has my fav subject! SO doing this, but just a heads up, here are the actuall 'jobs':
Zeus-god of sky and thunder
Poseidon-god of the sea, earthquakes and horses
Apollo-god of light, knowledge, music
Artemis-goddess of the hunt, wild animals and virginity
Athena-goddess of wisdom, weaving and battle
Ares-god of war
Dionysus-god of wine, theater and celibrations
Hermes-god of thiefs and travlers, messenger god.

Athena is virginity as well along with another goddess i cant remember who came up with a pact thingy
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai

Athena never had a mother. she was the product of Zeus' cracked skull. She was literally born from his mind.
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:03 AM
This is a fantastic challenge - I'm surely going to play it once I've got time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 2:18 AM Last edited by KayMacd : 10th Dec 2011 at 11:12 PM.
I have a problem with the challenge. Since the demigods are teens, whenever they sleep on a community lot, they get arrested for breaking curfew. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to keep my sims from being arrested?

EDIT: A lot of problems are happening on my demigods' quest. They've been getting grounded by their patron for skipping school and arrested fifteen times a night for being out past their curfew. It's impossible for them to get more than five feet without something terrible happening to them. So you should look above in the thread for my solution, under Demigods.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 6:00 AM
I woul say that you should make the Demigod a Young Adult..... Imma try this challenge now,
Idea's Ideas...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 8:52 PM
That's true. Making them Young Adults would make more sense, especially in light of the new Percy Jackson movie coming out where they're all pretty much adults anyway.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 12:23 PM
You could use mods to disable the curfew(go to the runaway challenge to find it). Oh, who actually cares how the gods became, Greek myths are extremely messed up and crazy on their own, without all the arguments over gods. Ok? Good. Anyway, I do love this challenge and when I don't feel like a lazy bum I will do this9 I have a lot of holiday coming up)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 6:56 PM
So today I made my female demigods, except for Hera.

Aphrodite

Artemis

Athena

Demeter

Persephone

I sent everyone to make children, except for Persephone (I decided I'd have a few children with Artemis so I sent her). They're all pregnant so far. Now to go make the male gods. :D

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 6:20 PM Last edited by hugbug993 : 2nd Jan 2014 at 9:26 PM.
I love this. Back in Sims 2, I actually did try to recreate the entire Greek pantheon, but ran into some trouble with game mechanics.

The twins Apollo and Artemis are Zeus's children, but their mother's name is Leto, and Athena's is as well (I think). Hermes's mother is named Io (or maybe Dryope. This family tree is hard to read.) and Dionysus's is...someone.

The human princess Selene. Zeus fell in love with her, Hera got jealous, so she told Zeus to ask Selene to see Zeus in all his glory. That killed her, so Zeus took the unborn child she was carrying and stuck it in his leg until it got carried to term.

Quote: Originally posted by Darthreven77
Athena never had a mother. she was the product of Zeus' cracked skull. She was literally born from his mind.

Yes, but she did have a mother. Zeus was afraid that he would have a son who would overthrow him, and Metis - his first wife - was the best candidate to bear that child. So he turned her into a fly and swallowed her. Then his head became pregnant with Metis's child (I think Zeus has been pregnant more times than Loki or Shiva, so Greek Mythology is officially better due to number of Mpregs), who became Athena. And because she was female, she wasn't a threat, so he let her live.

Quote: Originally posted by Darthreven77
Athena is virginity as well along with another goddess i cant remember who came up with a pact thingy

Athena, Artemis, and Hestia. Poor Hestia. She was the nicest goddess, gave up her seat in Olympus for Dionysus, and nobody remembers her.

Quote: Originally posted by Ihaveanawsomebro
Oh, who actually cares how the gods became, Greek myths are extremely messed up and crazy on their own, without all the arguments over gods. Ok?

No. D:<
Page 1 of 2