Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:14 AM Last edited by justJones : 6th Feb 2014 at 8:15 PM.
Default Sims 3: Zombie Apocalypse
Well, here’s another zombie apocalypse challenge. When the Sims 3 gets boring, try this to get a little excitement in your Sim filled life!

The world has ended and only your sims are left, along with a few scatterings of migrants and black market dealers. So make sure you delete:

-All but two or three existing households.
-Also, suppress opportunities.

Now you are ready to start!

Go into CAS, make at least two sims, they msut be a married couple or a guy and a girl. If you really want, you can roll a dice, and use that for your number of sims. The sims must have the following traits.

-Green Thumb
-Nurturing (One of the female sim must haves)
-Family Oriented (The other one)
-Light Sleeper
-Angler
-Brave
-Athletic
-Genius
-Lucky
-Natural Cook

Certain other traits aren't too helpful.

-Cowardly
-Heavy Sleeper
-Couch Potato
-Neurotic
-Loser
-Unlucky

Before the game "starts" do a few things...

-Build a shack, at least 10 by 10. No running water exept for a toilet. Fire torches and things like that are okay. But electrical objects either. (Sorry) Non electrical things and the inventor table is okay.
-Cancel the newspaper
-Build a fence to keep out the "unwanted specimens"
-Buy a stash of seeds with the remaining money, and then set the household funds to zero.
-NO cars, can use bikes and the famiy can have one motorcycle.

(and it begins...)

The world is overrun, you have been able to live because of your cunning and ability to grow vegetables. Going outide is extremly risky, and being out too long is a recipe is a suicide attempt.

Your Sims:

-May only be out in the open for four sim hours, looting graves and going to the "black market" (supermarket) and being inside don't count. Being outside too long means your sim was bitten and must die immedietly.
-Can only eat food they harvest, blackmarket food can be used as "medicines".
-No hospital births, they are busy enough with other issues.
-May eat fish, but the four hour rule applies.
-Every other day, roll a die, if an odd number comes up, pick a sim, there is a problem
Number one: The local vermin has become uncontrollable, and is tearing through your crops. You need to make a pesticide to deal with the problems. To fix it, you need to buy six ally catfish from the black market and fertilize your crops with them. For every six hours this goes untreated, you must delete two of your plants.
Numer three: A stomach virus is fallen upon you, and one of your sims is chilled almost to death. To save them, you need a rare plasma fruit to purge their bodies. Buy a plasma fruit and treat your sim. Every two hours they go untreated, delete a piece of furniture. Your sims are attempting to warm the victim,
Number five: A poison fruit has left your sim in him or her death throws, to cure them you must give them a medley of grape and minnow to keep them alive.

In order to unlock useful items, you must reach the top of certain careers.

-To unlock running water: Reach level 10 of the Science career.
-To unlock public places (parks and whatnot): Reach level 10 of the journilism career
-To unlock gyms and cardio equitment: Reach level 6 of the Athletic Career;
-To unlock smoke and crime alarms, as well as phones: Reach level 10 of the Law Enforcement career
-To lift the four hour rule: Reach level 10 of the Military Career.
-To unlock cooking stuff (fire pits don't count): Reach level 7 of the Culinary career
-To unlock t.v's, computers and assorted entertainment objects (including musical insturments, except a keyboard): Reach level 9 of the music career
-To unlock comfort objects: Reach level 7 of the buisness career.

PETS:

-You may have pets, as long as you can feed them.
-All pets must have the quiet trait. Loud noise attracts zombies.
-If it runs away, sorry, thats too bad. There's no one to look for it...
-Horses can be used as transportation.
-If your pet destroys something, there is no replacing it.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! And the challenge ends when you unlock everything throughout your generations.

Anyone who wants to share their sim story is encouraged to. :D

Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 1:44 AM
What do you mean???
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littelcj
plz how can i

you cannot physically download a challenge
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 8:34 AM
you just open yer game and get to playin.

re read the rules and follow as closely as you can. no one will send anyone to your house to break your knees if you dont follow exactly, or if you change it up a lil, cause something doesnt quite fit your gameplay style.

unless that's who's been calling me at ungodly hours, but how can someone break knees through a phone... so thats probally totally unrelated.

seriously, this is for fun, not a grade as of yet. if it was for grades, i SO fail.

if you're asking if there's something like the zombie apocalypse mod from sims2... nope. not that i'm aware of. granted i'm not at all knowledgable, but i havent seen it on pescados site, and i didnt see it on twallans (i never got much chance to browse twallans though) i never got my email that would have made me one of the cool kids...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 11:50 PM
Yep that's pretty much it! There is nothing to download, and the point is just to elimate being bored. Just follow the rules as strictly or as loosly as you want and have tons of fun!
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:44 PM
If you really want to make your town look like it's been through a zombie apocalypse or you have ideas for a zombie town go to this website http://projectzombietown.webs.com/
I've only just made this website so please don't criticize it too harshly, any help to my website would be greatly appreciated! :D
Screenshots
Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
I've joint your site under Zandvoort, mykis I'll send you a few abandoned lots

Please for those who want to help, join too!

I come in peace
#8 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:46 PM
Here's a link to a thread that has some links for making your sims look like zombies:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=449917
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 8:40 PM
If you deleted all but a few residential lots, how to you join a career?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:51 PM
Sorry! I mean like houses with people in them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th May 2012 at 1:49 PM
This makes me want to create a rundown world. Worse than twinbrook. Or maybe just entirely stripping twinbrook down and building rundown houses. I think I have the CC to do it. I would love to get my hands on some zombie makeup for my sims. Or else, if someone made a zombie skin and the vampire was tweaked a bit and made autonomous.... Oh the possibilities. But I am totally going to get started on this.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th May 2012 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elitezen
This makes me want to create a rundown world. Worse than twinbrook. Or maybe just entirely stripping twinbrook down and building rundown houses. I think I have the CC to do it. I would love to get my hands on some zombie makeup for my sims. Or else, if someone made a zombie skin and the vampire was tweaked a bit and made autonomous.... Oh the possibilities. But I am totally going to get started on this.

Or you could do what I'm doing and spam mummies on every lot. I have it set up to release them when someone steps on a hidden switch, but I seem to have goofed and they're just automatically released, buuut i think I like that better.
Autonomous Vampires would be interesting provided they could do some damage.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th May 2012 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nylaba
Or you could do what I'm doing and spam mummies on every lot. I have it set up to release them when someone steps on a hidden switch, but I seem to have goofed and they're just automatically released, buuut i think I like that better.
Autonomous Vampires would be interesting provided they could do some damage.

I've always thought about that lol. I'd rather replace the mummies than the vampires but I know the vampires would make more sense when it comes to making new zombies. Maybe they could switch the walking defaults and have the vampires walk like the mummies.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:59 PM
This is really great, im going to try it but i was just wondering a few things about it

Are teens/children allowed? Since they would have to be out to go to school, i was just wondering that

Can you have a basement, say the survivors dug a hole in the ground to make more room for themselves?

Maybe an upstairs? As in, stairs were built and walls were made for a small room to let them access the roof (which has only half walls) so that they can have someone be something like a look out incase of a zombie invasion?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th May 2012 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ImAFakeID
This is really great, im going to try it but i was just wondering a few things about it

Are teens/children allowed? Since they would have to be out to go to school, i was just wondering that

Can you have a basement, say the survivors dug a hole in the ground to make more room for themselves?

Maybe an upstairs? As in, stairs were built and walls were made for a small room to let them access the roof (which has only half walls) so that they can have someone be something like a look out incase of a zombie invasion?

You delete the school, so there will be no children or teens going out too go to school. They will be at home.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd May 2012 at 8:39 AM
Some things I want to ask if I do this challenge:

Is it valid to use electric windmills or solar panels as ways to "generate electricity" (justify having electric amenities)?

I have no witty comments to mention here.
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:44 PM
Actually, now I am just going to wait until Supernatural comes out. LOL
Alchemist
#18 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:18 AM
Default Well.. Mummies can be out,
Since there are now zombies in supernatural, there should be some mod that makes all sims into zombies. i mean, re-dressing mummies sound painful. especially if you are going to spam thousands on each house, but yours. perhaps all you need to do is apply the zombified moodlet to all of the sims in the town...
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 7:24 AM
if you don't have the nurting trait can you just have the family orented trait? i know this a little bit of a silly question, but answer please? also, can you register as self-employed just to ear money? also, HOW DO YOU GET SOLAR PANELS THAT SOUND AWESOME! but does if come with a sp or ep? if it does, then nevermind. Also, uuhh..... what about burglers? and fires? and death? and a mod that can turn your Sim into a zombie!! so many question! but i just forgot them :P
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 8:22 PM
Love this challenge... if my Sims 3 didn't crash so much so i could remove everything
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 11:58 AM
So how do I shower my sims? :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vismaa

"-To unlock running water: Reach level 10 of the Science career."
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 11:07 AM
I am going to start this challnge and ill keep ya's updated on my household if you like.
My first sim(female) is gonna be in the journalism carrer (but i need to break a rule to get a computer)
And her husband will be a police ocoffer
Field Researcher
#24 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 7:22 PM
I'm starting this challenge over in a smaller world because the downloaded world I was using was just too big. Anyways, I've been thinking of doing a story about this and I have already started, so far I have just the prologue. I'm not sure if I'm going to use Twinbrook or Riverview.

Zombie Apocalypse
The Beginning of the End

Prologue:
It was a peaceful day in Twinbrook, everybody got along with one another and the town seemed to be thriving and doing well. In this peaceful town, what the people didn’t know was that some government scientists were experimenting with some pretty dangerous chemicals in order to create “super-humans” which would be immune to any and all illness and have strengths that were unimaginable. Unfortunately, this experiment was a huge failure and instead of making a serum for a “super-human”, the effects of this serum caused the test subjects to lose all sense of their humanity and who they were, becoming an instinct driven, hollow shell of what they once were.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vismaa

There's a mod that unlocks the sponge bath interaction on this site and on the naughty sims asylum website.
Page 1 of 2