Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 9:26 PM Last edited by 1259e : 13th Jun 2015 at 11:45 PM.
Default The Rapunzel Challenge
For the sake of the story the queen and king gave birth to a baby girl, this challenge works for boys too, though.

Once upon a time, a king and queen had a baby girl. They were very excited as they had been wanting a baby since the day they got married, only the king had wanted a boy. He did not tell the queen that he was unhappy with the gender of their baby, and instead he paid a witch to take their baby away, under the condition that she would be locked up in a tower until she turned 21, so the queen wouldn't recognize their baby.

The Sims
First, you need an infant/baby sim. This sim must have the loner trait, but you may choose all of his or her other traits, though hates the outdoors might be good considering she or he will be locked up.

The only other sim you need is the witch, who does not have to be an actual witch from supernatural. The witch can be male or female, and can you can choose any nonconflicting traits from this list: Dislikes Children, Grumpy, Technophobe, Family Oriented, Childish, Commitment Issues, Evil, Friendly, Natural Cook, or Hopeless Romantic. Or if you have expansion packs you can also choose: Cat Person, Night Owl, Nurturing, Proper, or Gatherer.

[I believe you might have to create an adult sim to be the witch instead of an elder, because babies (infants), toddlers, and children cannot care for themselves, so if elder dies, then the young kids cannot take care of themselves and will be taken out of your game. This also might make it a good idea to add another younger sim (teen to adult) who could be the witches son or daughter.]

You can also get pets and other sims if you feel you will be bored with only two sims, but they are in no way necessary.

The House
Use cheats to give yourself $100,000 when you start the game with your new two (or possibly more) sims, as the witch did get paid for taking the baby. [I don't know the cheat, but it should be easy to find on the internet.] Then buy a one bedroom house, or make one. It must have one bathroom and a small kitchen, but nothing else is needed unless you need more bedrooms. You must have a yard for were you will build the tower. The tower can be any size as long as its big enough for all the requirements. It must have 3 floors, its own kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and study (which can be in the bedroom). The tower will obviously be where the young royal will spend the younger years of his or her life. You can keep the rest of the money, or get rid of it if you feel the need to. [If you run out of money you can give yourself more, but only while building the house.]

The Rules/Requirements
The young royal is not allowed to leave the castle until she or he turns into a young adult.
At every birthday that the young royal has, the witch must buy a birthday cake for him or her. [You may age up the royal with a cake early when they are an infant (baby), as your royal will turn into a teen around the same time that the elder will die.]
You must be able to choose all of the royal's traits as it ages up.
One of the traits the royal must have is genius, and it can not be one of the traits he or she is born with.
You must choose a person for the young royal to marry and must get them to at least a friend level before she becomes a young adult.
The young royal is not allowed to leave the tower until she or he is a young adult.
The young royal is not allowed to meet any other sims besides his or her future husband or wife, and the witch. Anyone else living in the house is not allowed to meet her.
The young royal must be homeschooled. [Its really easy to do just look it up!]
If you have another sim besides the witch and the young royal, they may not have a full-time job.
The young royal must get all A's in school.
The royal must get married with in 3 days of becoming a young adult.
The royal also must have a writing, painting, and logic skill of 5 or above before she or he turns into a young adult.
You cannot use anything to keep your sims young or any cheats after building the house.

Side Notes
I would suggest giving the royal crazy hair and eye colors, so you can do the generations challenge. [For the generations challenge you have to have a heir for the royal. That means they must have the same eye and hair color as your sim, and it also must be the same gender. That pattern has to continue for 10 generations.]
To keep the young royal from wandering out set a lock on the door so only certain sims can enter.

A Note From Me

Please enjoy the challenge, any comments you have to make it better I would love to hear! This was the first challenge I made up and I sincerely hope it was fun for you. I hope to make more challenges in the future, because it was fun for me to make, and I hope you have fun with it and it wasn't too difficult to understand. If you didn't get part of it make sure to ask about it in the comments!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 11:33 PM
Wow. I would never think of combining it with perfect genetics. Now that I think about it it would be more beneficial to have a founder born in game skill and relationship wise. And it gives me an excuse to not freerealestate my founder in the house I want. I like it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:29 AM
Cute Idea...I will give it a try as soon as I get through a couple other challenges.

Dr. Qusul Pa'Lhaxalic has been reassigned and has a new partner. Stay Tuned.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 5:43 AM
Cool, I'll start soon! Maybe I'll even make an LP!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:50 AM
Awesome~! Started,
Heres my two sims ^^

The witch actually didn't have any children, as everyone only see's her as ugly...
So excepting the kings offer, only as a last resort, took Rapunzel away, and locked her in the tower, as the king requested. Thus raising her as her own. ^^
Rapunzel has the traits brave, and loner, shes adorable owo
And the witch is a kind, but grumpy woman, who (despite her looks) Is a young adult! :D
So far I just started, I just thought you might like pictures :'D
Il post more soon, if thats okay ^^ (Probably once she ages up)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 9:52 AM
Does tutoring children get their grade up?

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 8:55 PM
I've just started ,I was originally going to have a family of 4 boys(The kids) ,who needed blonde hair to be the heir and a girl who had the blonde hair that her parents wanted (It took me almost an hour to make the parents) but my sister ruined it because they had a girl for their 3rd child. So now I have a new family ,a modern family. The wife had triplets: 2 girls and 1 boy. In order of birth Rapunzel ,Charles ,and then Juliett. I probably spelled Juliet wrong but I like it. The witch is young ,a perky young adult ,Who's name is Candy Blackwell and she wears a candy colored clothing. Her hair is like pink peppermint candy. I'm pretending that she's used ambrosia to keep her young and has adapted to "Fit it" Juliett is the one with the loner trait ,Both of the girls have the brave trait. Pictures will not be provided. Sadly YouTube managed to get into my files and make Documents ,Music ,Pictures ,Videos ,the main files ,not work. So all I have is the old pictures from before.

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 7:39 PM
This will be my first challenge and i shall too start posting pictures when i get the chance. Does anyone know where you can get long Rapunzel hair preferably down to the feet? That would be really cool. And is she allowed to have a pet dragon (Dragon Valley)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StellarWhales
This will be my first challenge and i shall too start posting pictures when i get the chance. Does anyone know where you can get long Rapunzel hair preferably down to the feet? That would be really cool. And is she allowed to have a pet dragon (Dragon Valley)
That sounds so cool! I can't wait to see pictures. I'll try to find hair some for you. :D

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 11:29 PM
I started this yesterday, gave Rapunzel a four story 5x5 tower.
The evil witch also has a boy toddler in his own little tower, but she isn't related to him at all.
So far really entertaining. Especially watching an elder climb up four stories all the time aha
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:24 PM
I'm going to do this challenge!
That sounds so cool! Im gonna make the witch a real witch because i have supernatural! have done a challenge before this Rapunzel Challenge. You should try the runaway teen challenge. No mods needed if your like me and for some reason are unable to instal them properly. Just make your sim that's running away (a teenager, doesn't matter what gender) and a random adult or elder that isn't related to him/her in any way. Then make a 10x10 lot outside of they're town and move them into it. Then move the adult sim out. (You can kick her out like I did if you want) but the Rapunzel Challenge sounds really awesome! :P
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:28 PM
Maybe a game mod or something???
Quote: Originally posted by StellarWhales

I'm thinking there's a mod out there that gives you really long hair. Maybe but I don't know. I hope this helped a bit.
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 2:18 AM
I'm going to attempt this challenge. It looks really good. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 8:47 PM
Default Thanks!
I'm so glad you like the challenge I'd love to see more pictures!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 10:46 PM
If it's on YouTube, could you give me the name of the video, I'd love to take a look at it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 10:49 PM
LOL! The poor witch!
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:50 PM
This is cool. I'll try it once I'm done with the legacy Challenge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by galaxy_
This is cool. I'll try it once I'm done with the legacy Challenge.

Oh cool. Hope it's fun!
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 5:14 AM
I like that idea!
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 6:25 PM Last edited by Mindina : 21st Apr 2014 at 3:31 AM.
Sounds really fun! I'm already in the middle of my own combination challenge (brothel and 100 baby... It's interesting to say the least) but when I finish and/or get bored of that one, I'll try this out!

Question though, how is the royal supposed to meet their love if they can never leave the house? The only way I could see it working is if the witch or witch's children invite someone over and that someone goes exploring and ends up in the tower.

Also, might be fun to add that she finally went back to her family at the end. or at least said hi!
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:41 AM
What I'm doing is I'm having the witch be a gatherer/ collector, and that's how she gets her money. I have another royal in the tower that is a boy, he goes out exploring one day when the witch is gone and meets rapunzel and they meet every time she leaves after this.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 2:15 AM
This challenge seems really interesting and I would love to try it once I'm done with my own challenge, the 12 princesses challenge. Can't wait to try it, and maybe you could check out my challenge if you have time? Thanks and again, can't wait to try it!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:07 AM
How can the royal get an A at school if she's not allowed to leave the house?
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th May 2014 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gothiclolitapl

Home school them. I am thinking about doing this challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gothiclolitapl
If the adult has a level 5 or above in logic she can tutor the princess (this works with the base game). There is also an extension of the Nrass mod (called careers- I think) which adds the home school option.

Moved to Novellam.
Page 1 of 2