Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 12:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Alien baby keeps glitching out of every crib
At first I thought I just had buggy CC that teleported her to the next room but no, even official content was moving her to the floor. Her father has gotten no sleep. No crib contains this child! What the heck can I do?
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 10:16 PM
Any ideas? I can't continue to play until this is fixed.
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:39 PM
Have you reset the alien baby and/or the lot your family is on?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 11:58 AM
Perhaps something glitchy in the baby's inventory, like a teddy bear, imaginary friend or something?

Perhaps trying to move the family in and out?
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 3:06 AM
I already moved the family to a new location before the baby was even conceived. She did just get an imaginary friend during the playthrough. What should I do with it? Why would it glitch her to not be in her crib? Will aging her up fix this?
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 6:16 AM
Is the Imaginary Friend in the babies inventory? Try placing it on the floor.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 8:16 AM
Ooh, I can do that? I thought once they were in the inventory they were sort of...bonded.

I'll have to give that a shot before trying to play again. Have to edit a character anyway thanks to getting more fitting content for him.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
She did just get an imaginary friend during the playthrough. What should I do with it? Why would it glitch her to not be in her crib?

When the baby is placed in the crib, the stuffed toy is also placed in the crib. I just guessed that this could be the point where something could go wrong... just wild guessing from my side
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 11:57 PM
Could be a teddy also, I just remember seeing the IF's can cause glitching in game for many. I personally like them and put them on the floor of the nursery since as babies they can't play with them but the toddlers like to, get a kick out of toddler vampires biting the IF's necks. The IF'S change pose if left out of the inventory kind of like the gnomes, but they stay in place.
Alchemist
#10 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
I just remember seeing the IF's can cause glitching in game for many.

I concur. It can be one cause. It happened to me when IF were first introduced. My sim had 3 toddlers, every one of them had an IF and every one of them got booted out from their cribs.
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 5:16 AM
A bug EA never fixed...no surprise there.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 2:37 PM
I have this mod to get rid of them. I don't know if it works if you add this after the fact but it may be worth a try.
https://claudiasharon.tumblr.com/po...aginary-friends
Alchemist
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I have this mod to get rid of them. I don't know if it works if you add this after the fact but it may be worth a try.
https://claudiasharon.tumblr.com/po...aginary-friends

That's a great mod. Thank you. I've always made my simmies kids donate their IFs to the other kids in the neighborhood.
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:42 PM
I gave the friend to her father so now they can BOTH get a good night's sleep! Thanks everyone! But when I age her up can I give the friend back? What about aging her to child?
Alchemist
#15 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 10th Nov 2020 at 2:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I gave the friend to her father so now they can BOTH get a good night's sleep! Thanks everyone! But when I age her up can I give the friend back? What about aging her to child?

I don't see no reason why the dad couldn't give the doll back because I've never had any problems with IF after the toddler age stage.