Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 3:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pregnant clothes
Guys, every Sim that I create comes with the same pregnant clothes, is it also like that in your game?
Is there any way to expand the number of pregnant clothing options for my Sim?
I remember that in the past, even using the Ultimate Collection, different clothes came, now only this one comes.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 4:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Nov 2020 at 10:51 PM.
It's possible you may be able to buy the ingame maternity clothes when the sim is pregnant, but I'm not sure. Maybe you need a mod for it. There is an actual maternity category, and it is possible to buy clothes from it, at least if CC items are categorized as such and with some mods, but I'm not sure if the original maternity clothes are hidden.

Sometimes the game just gets stuck giving you the same CAS items over and over again. This was an actual issue with hair in the older EPs (before Pets or Seasons, I think - was fixed in one of them), and I think with some other items too on various other occasions.

---

If you ever get tired of seeing the same outfit(s) over and over again, here's some default options:

AF
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/256263.html

AM
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/321244.html

------

Personally, I use Squinge's "PregWearAll" mod which lets pregnant sims wear anything they want in any of the categories, and you can change their outfit. As long as the clothes have a pregmorph, they'll show as pregnant.

If you have M&G and/or AL, or the UC, this is the version you'll want: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91730.0.html

(if you have lower EPs, there are other versions. If you use the Inteen mod, it's not entirely compatible, but a trick you can use is to add ZZZ at the front, and put it directly in the Downloads folder, so it loads last. I noticed some issues with dressers, but I use a mod for dressing up my sims and it's not affected, so the dresser issue has never been a problem for me).

I use it together with this default replacement bunch, which adds pregmorphs to female EAxis clothes: https://modthesims.info/d/237740/ad...orphs-v1-1.html (if you already have replacements for any of these you may want to remove individual files) - there are a few similar ones for AM clothes, too if you need them (I'll find some links if you're interested)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 10:09 PM
Most people use a default and or clothes with a preg morph and a mod pregwearall as mentioned above. The game frankly comes with a small variety of horrible outfits (one mesh and a few recolours of said mesh) and those were not updated, they were base game I think.

Yes there is a mod that now allows you to take your sim to a shop and buy pregnancy clothes, it's by Gina.
https://gdayars.home.blog/2019/11/2...clothing-racks/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Most people use a default and or clothes with a preg morph and a mod pregwearall as mentioned above. The game frankly comes with a small variety of horrible outfits (one mesh and a few recolours of said mesh) and those were not updated, they were base game I think.

Yes there is a mod that now allows you to take your sim to a shop and buy pregnancy clothes, it's by Gina.
https://gdayars.home.blog/2019/11/2...clothing-racks/

Which one of these mods allow to buy pregnant clothes in the shop?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iRoDiieK
Which one of these mods allow to buy pregnant clothes in the shop?

EP8BuyMaternityClothingbasegameracks apparently comes with the BCONS for the base game clothing rack, in addition the ones from Squinge and Motoki. EP8BuyMaternityClothingallracks just adds the BCONS from the H&M racks, if you have the stuff pack. Open for Business and Seasons are required for the second one. You've got to read to see what you want.

In short, they all allow you to buy pregnant clothes. You just have to get the version relevant to your game setup,

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
EP8BuyMaternityClothingbasegameracks apparently comes with the BCONS for the base game clothing rack, in addition the ones from Squinge and Motoki. EP8BuyMaternityClothingallracks just adds the BCONS from the H&M racks, if you have the stuff pack. Open for Business and Seasons are required for the second one. You've got to read to see what you want.

In short, they all allow you to buy pregnant clothes. You just have to get the version relevant to your game setup,

In this case, if I just add the mod to the game, will it be possible to buy the pregnant clothes through the existing clothes racks, for example, those from the Pleasantview clothing store, or will I need to do something in the game to activate the mod?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 2:53 PM
It should just allow you to buy maternity clothes from any rack, existing or otherwise, by just being in the downloads folder. I doubt you'll have to jump through hoops to get it to work, unless it conflicts with something.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
It should just allow you to buy maternity clothes from any rack, existing or otherwise, by just being in the downloads folder. I doubt you'll have to jump through hoops to get it to work, unless it conflicts with something.

Now I get it, thank u!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 11:23 PM
Reopening this topic so as not to create one unnecessarily. How do I change my Sim's pregnant clothes? I tried to change by code, through Tom's clothing but it gives error.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 12:56 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Dec 2020 at 4:37 PM.
Guessing you need a modded clothing rack or some such (mods that enable maternity wear - I think this one does: https://modthesims.info/d/225251/qu...-coat-hook.html ), if you want to use just the maternity clothes. Not sure if the game allows for changing clothes by default (it's been too long since I played without Squinge's hack...)

Mods like the Insimenator (wardrobe adjuster object), Simblender, etc. also have maternity outfits enabled.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iRoDiieK
Reopening this topic so as not to create one unnecessarily. How do I change my Sim's pregnant clothes? I tried to change by code, through Tom's clothing but it gives error.

I use the Insimentor (DEST) version's Wardrobe Adjuster. It looks like a stack of clothing and is one of the things I put on every one of my residential lots. Clicking on it gives many clothing options, one of which is Buy New Outfit which allows you to buy Maternity Clothes and another option is Plan Outfit which allows you to select the maternity outfit(s) you bought to wear. (Unfortunately the Plan Outfit resets each time you enter the lot and reverts back to a Maxis default. Oh well.)

What the Buy Outfit does is bring up a choice of all outfits which are classified as maternity wear and allows you to choose one or more from them. The Plan Outfit then defines what maternity outfit the Sim will wear. Another option is to Change to Maternity which will immediately change the Sim into the maternity clothes you selected with Plan Outfit. No spinning, it simply changes the Sim's look immediately. The clothes must have the 100 bit set for maternity in its Property Set clothing category to show up in the available maternity outfits to choose from.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 5:10 PM
@simmer22 -Your link is for the download of one item I always place on my partment and community lots and will place in dorms on campus as well.It's gotten a lot of heavy use in my game for years and I've more recently added recolors for it.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 5:45 PM
Other clothes than default clothes need 100 for maternity + whatever else categories you want them to show up for (often everyday (7), athletic (200), outerwear (1000), or similar) in the Category line in the PropertySet. You add the categories up and write the number.

Hat has a tutorial here: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html (scroll to "category" - there's a longer explanation there)
The ones below are safe to use for clothes, hairs and accessories:
Casual: 0x00000007
Swim: 0x00000008
(note: The two above add up to F in Hex, other than that you can "think in decimal" when adding up the ones below)
Nightclothes: 0x00000010
Formal: 0x00000020
Underwear: 0x00000040
Maternity: 0x00000100
Gym Clothes: 0x00000200
Outerwear: 0x00001000
(all of the above equal 0x0000137F)

I'm not sure if clothes categorized as maternity will properly work as such without a mod like Squinge's. It's possible you can get the clothes to work some of the time, but they won't work perfectly.

Personally I prefer Squinge's mod, and recategorize everyday clothes that have pregmorphs into the maternity category, so I can find clothes quickly. I also prefer downloading clothes that have morphs (creators tend to say these days). When the sim is pregnant, it's also a lot easier to find the clothes with pregmorphs, because they show on the sim when you change their clothes. It's also possible to figure out which meshes have morphs by looking at them with SimPE (they're listed in one of the mesh file tabs).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Guessing you need a modded clothing rack or some such (mods that enable maternity wear - I think this one does: https://modthesims.info/d/225251/qu...-coat-hook.html ), if you want to use just the maternity clothes. Not sure if the game allows for changing clothes by default (it's been too long since I played without Squinge's hack...)

Mods like the Insimenator (wardrobe adjuster object), Simblender, etc. also have maternity outfits enabled.

I come back here to inform that I was unable to change Maternity clothes. Every time I change back to the standard clothes that came with the character, I used this clothes rack that you indicated but it didn't work.