Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 crashes when Angela Pleasant is giving birth!
Ok so I married Angela Pleasant to Kevin, so I'm dealing with Base Game's characters, and she's currently pregnant in my game but when she gives birth, then the game crashes when there's the sign saying the family's gonna grow. I don't understand why I'm having this problem, I must precise that there's some weird stuff going with her outfits since she doesn't appear as wearing the maternity clothes on her icon at the left of the screen, and when she's taking her shower, instead of being naked, she still wears her casual clothes, the same goes for her sister Lilith. I don't know if it has something to do with that.

Can someone help me with that ? As I really don't know what to do.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:58 PM
Have you tested if this happens without mods? Sounds like you could have some conflicts going on.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 10:20 PM
What mods have you added recently?
Turn on Boolprop if it isn't on and see if you get an error message.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:02 AM
I had a strange glitch where my game started crashing on loading after installing a new CC item and had to remove it so that misght be the issue if you've installed any new CC very recently it might be time to remove that and test to see if it was causing the issue.I would back things up first in case it was something not meant to be removed like the things that add NPC's to the game.I would advise backing up your TS2 folder conents to a safe location just before installing anything you might not be able to pull safely and revert to your most recent folder back up if that's what you have installed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 7:43 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys, I tried to remove recent downloads and 3 downloads that were making conflicts but well, it's always crashing. I think that the real problem is that the game considers Angela's casual clothes as her naked clothes but as her default clothes too. Explaining why when I select Angela, the game still shows her wearing her casual clothes instead of the maternity's in Angela's selection icon. I mean, in the game she's wearing the maternity clothes, but the game seems to consider that she's still wearing her casual, making a weird glitch when she goes into the shower or when I put her on casual via testingcheats. It makes her the pregnant belly with the casual outfits but only with her shirt, her pants are still like when she wasn't pregnant. This makes that in this condition, there's a weird glitch where her pregnant belly has like a hole under it. I guess a picture speaks better, if someone reading this knows how to solve this problem, please answer! :/

Here are the links to view the screenshots :

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/49/i5mx.png
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/49/l7o2.png
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:01 PM
That's just because the top she has has a pregnancy mesh but the bottom doesn't.

Did you try removing ALL of your downloads?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:20 PM
It is all about skin. Baby cannot be born because game chooses mom's skin but it is glitched.
Do you have any skin related mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:29 PM
I litterally removed the download folder yesterday from the game's files and it just wasn't loading Pleasantview, I mean, the loading was like endless.

I suppose it is about the skin, I think I installed the sexy pack (I think it is no longer available now) a long long long time ago and I suppose it would be the most logic thing to cause the crash but I just don't know if there's a way to uninstall it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:00 AM
I hope you backed up your Sims 2 folder before installing that if it was to go into the folder downloads or the program directory if it went into the program files.I always back those things up or atleast the Sims 2 folder before installing anything like a custom career,food or CC that adds NPC's to the game.That's to have a way of restoring the game to a working state if anything went wrong in the install or I just want to play without that content.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sir Kewbic
I litterally removed the download folder yesterday from the game's files and it just wasn't loading Pleasantview, I mean, the loading was like endless.

I suppose it is about the skin, I think I installed the sexy pack (I think it is no longer available now) a long long long time ago and I suppose it would be the most logic thing to cause the crash but I just don't know if there's a way to uninstall it.

Custom skins and/or bodyshapes has nothing to do with that kind of conflict you're talking about, I'm using them since late 2006 or early 2007 without problems, I bet it's a conflict between 2 or more mods that affects pregnancy.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:50 AM
If the baby is born with a custom skin tone and there is no baby age for that skin tone, the game crashing is usually what happens. But we won't know for sure until OP actually does a binary search, it seems like. If it's loading forever, there's probably some error being thrown. Turn on debug mode and try again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 7:36 AM
I tried to put all the downloads out of TS2 folder but I had to put out only parts of the downloads in different times (if I'd put all the downloads out in one time, Pleasantview wouldn't load) and it finally worked!

The thing is, I don't know which mod caused the problem but I guess it could be because of custom food I have in my downloads.