Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:52 PM
Default no weather reaction
Can't find this downloadable. I used to have it, but now am plagued by Sims looking out window and/or fascinated by rain,etc.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:27 PM
Possibly SimWardrobe's "NoReactingToRainOrSnow" ? Bulbizarre has all of SW's mods on SFS.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Possibly SimWardrobe's "NoReactingToRainOrSnow" ? Bulbizarre has all of SW's mods on SFS.

======
I saw Wardrob's, but also comments about problems with it. I will try to find Bulbizarre's ...nope, can only find entry on MTS, which is only some dogs.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:27 PM
It can be found here :-)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:59 PM
There's also Pescado's "antiweatherreaction". This doesn't completely get rid of the reaction, but does keep it from waking sleeping sims or over-riding the queues of your family members when they're busy doing something else.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7736.0.html
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 7:19 PM
Thanks to both...now I just have to try them both

Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 2:30 AM
Just don't try them both at the same time. Since they both address the same problem, they very likely conflict with each other.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 5:02 AM
I have Pescado's mod. It's still somewhat annoying. The "Ooh! It's snowing!" interaction still gets added to the Sim's queue but if you see it, at least you can delete it (usually) before the Sim performs it or override it by adding something else to their queue first which will cause it to drop. The bad thing it still allows, however, is if you want your Sim to wait somewhere for another Sim to finish up something before the two interact, the weather reaction can still pop in (since your Sim is idle) and cause them to leave where you had them waiting.

I'll have to see if SimWardrobe's version is any better.

I'd love to have a mod that just did away with the weather reactions completely.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Theorist
#9 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 10:26 AM
I used to use Pes' version but I was still having the issue.
Switching to SimWardrobe's version makes those behaviour stop.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I have Pescado's mod. It's still somewhat annoying. The "Ooh! It's snowing!" interaction still gets added to the Sim's queue but if you see it, at least you can delete it (usually) before the Sim performs it or override it by adding something else to their queue first which will cause it to drop. The bad thing it still allows, however, is if you want your Sim to wait somewhere for another Sim to finish up something before the two interact, the weather reaction can still pop in (since your Sim is idle) and cause them to leave where you had them waiting.

I'll have to see if SimWardrobe's version is any better.

I'd love to have a mod that just did away with the weather reactions completely.

If you want your sim to just wait somewhere, the best thing to do is set them to Macro -> Procrastinate, which is an interaction which will not be overridden by the weather reaction (or any other autonomous action).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 7:13 PM
Thanks guys; I'm using SimWardrobe one.