Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 3:05 AM
Default Where can I find something that stops the mailman?
I know there is something out there that can stop the mailman. In my uberhood the mailman never came. I started a new small hood and I forget about the mailman. It's not that I don't want my sims to pay bills, but I think every 2 to 3 days is ridiculous. I only pay my bills once a month. If anyone knows how to stop the mailman or an object that stops the mailman, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 3:22 AM
Use the visitor controller to ban them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 3:39 AM
If you're worried about the bills, I always used the Insimenator's Budget modifier for it, I select auto pay bills and forget about them and also I forget about the modifier itself, I don't use it for any other purpose.
(image does not belong to me)

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:27 AM
I useually use the Mule mailbox if I dont want them paying bills and they can't afford green energy sources though there's a few items here that can help you to reduce the frequency of them having to pay bills.The uploads for reducing how frequently bills must be paid are HERE though it won't fully stop the letter carrier there are a few sets there that do allow sims to just trash their bills instead of alway having to play them and I use two of them already in my BACC and other games.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I useually use the Mule mailbox if I dont want them paying bills and they can't afford green energy sources though there's a few items here that can help you to reduce the frequency of them having to pay bills.The uploads for reducing how frequently bills must be paid are HERE though it won't fully stop the letter carrier there are a few sets there that do allow sims to just trash their bills instead of alway having to play them and I use two of them already in my BACC and other games.

Thank you, I'll try that because like I said I don't mind them paying bills I just think every 2 to 3 days is ridiculous.
@joandsarah77 After I wrote this and I was going to bed, I thought about the visitor controller, thank you.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 4:26 AM
I use a lot of those options as they would work for unsubsidized apartment buildings while the subsidized ones get the M&G stuff Green Energy Sources placed around the lot wherever they can be placed safely.It's helpfun to have at least a few options for getting out of bills like buckets,modern bins and even trash pits that can have the cheats turned on for bills to be discarded like trash.I've also got a Mule Mailbox which cancels the bills.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
If you're worried about the bills, I always used the Insimenator's Budget modifier for it, I select auto pay bills and forget about them and also I forget about the modifier itself, I don't use it for any other purpose.
(image does not belong to me)

Oooh where can I find this mod?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
Oooh where can I find this mod?

It's here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html I use the OBJ edition, be careful with it as the mod is outdated and unsupported long time ago and may not work well with certain EPs, I have no problem since I'm in a base game only setup.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
It's here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html I use the OBJ edition, be careful with it as the mod is outdated and unsupported long time ago and may not work well with certain EPs, I have no problem since I'm in a base game only setup.

I run the InSIMenator (UV) v2.9 DEST Edition on The Ultimate Collection with no issues.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth